Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 22, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #51,781 of 62,449
Probably looking at netting $450 on the PX8 used so still probably a $200 charge to upgrade.
Not sure I'd say you're getting an upgrade. Different strokes for different folks, you know?

Mar 22, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #51,783 of 62,449
The first gen were great. Wonder how long it'll take to get them direct from Nothing.
Since I'm a loser, I actually watched the release on youtube. Pretty cool looking product. Just wondering if they are offering anything special beyond the marketing hype. Would these, for example, be better than APP2?

Mar 22, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #51,784 of 62,449
Since I'm a loser, I actually watched the release on youtube. Pretty cool looking product. Just wondering if they are offering anything special beyond the marketing hype. Would these, for example, be better than APP2?
You have an iPhone. I'd say no. But I don't have the second get Nothing buds yet.

That said, my Oppo Enco X2 are still having dropouts outdoors when crossing intersections when connected to the N2 Flip. Awful. No idea what is up. I'll test with my 14 Pro Max soon and see if it's a Bluetooth issue on the phone.

Mar 22, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #51,786 of 62,449
You have an iPhone. I'd say no. But I don't have the second get Nothing buds yet.

That said, my Oppo Enco X2 are still having dropouts outdoors when crossing intersections when connected to the N2 Flip. Awful. No idea what is up. I'll test with my 14 Pro Max soon and see if it's a Bluetooth issue on the phone.
Hmm, is the phone an Oppo phone? If so are you using LHDC at the highest bitrate? If so adjust it back to something like 660 and see if that improves the dropouts. LDAC can have a similar issue out and about.

Mar 22, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #51,787 of 62,449
Hmm, is the phone an Oppo phone? If so are you using LHDC at the highest bitrate? If so adjust it back to something like 660 and see if that improves the dropouts. LDAC can have a similar issue out and about.
Yes, it's the Oppo Find N2 Flip. I had it set on LHDC and then pulled back to AAC. Still having the issue. Where do I go to set to 660? I'm in all the options now and it says I'm AAC. So odd. You'd think these days I wouldn't have bt issues.

Mar 22, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #51,788 of 62,449
Yes, it's the Oppo Find N2 Flip. I had it set on LHDC and then pulled back to AAC. Still having the issue. Where do I go to set to 660? I'm in all the options now and it says I'm AAC. So odd. You'd think these days I wouldn't have bt issues.
Developer options in the settings, i guess.

Mar 22, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #51,789 of 62,449
If you switched to AAC then you won't have any bitrate options. But I your go back to LDHC should be able to choose the bitrate somewhere. Maybe in developer options like LDAC.

Mar 22, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #51,790 of 62,449
If you switched to AAC then you won't have any bitrate options. But I your go back to LDHC should be able to choose the bitrate somewhere. Maybe in developer options like LDAC.
I'll go back to LDAC and change bitrate. I thought AAC was the trick 🤷

Mar 22, 2023 at 10:18 PM Post #51,791 of 62,449
Mar 23, 2023 at 12:41 AM Post #51,792 of 62,449
"Playback with ANC off: Up to 36 hours with case and 6.3 hours with buds only" < If that is AAC @ 50% Vol that is piss poor.
The battery life on my Ear1 is atrocious. I usually use one ear bud (right) while I'm at my desk via BT to the PC. Noise cancellation off, 3 hours of use, maybe. I do use them with my phone when I'm out and have to wait (e.g. doctor's appointments). Which isn't long typically, so the battery life doesn't come into play.

I'm looking for replacements. The JLab Stereo ANC headset I have is nice, and doesn't have the connection issue the Ear1s have, so the Epic Air ANC v2 of theirs caught my eye.

Mar 23, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #51,793 of 62,449
Please do not say that you well upset some here with your facts. 😉

I had 2 models of JLab, the battery claims are a little exaggerate like most, but I has issues connection etc.

The newer revisions of the old models do not seem that different the last time I checked the specs but the ANC on one of them was good I remember that much.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 1:20 AM Post #51,794 of 62,449
Reset the Ear1s again, maybe that'll help. The firmware and phone app are up-to-date. Intel BT5.2/Wifi6e PCIe card in my PC, less than six ft from me, on the desktop. Doubt Nothing will replace the buds since they were the ear1 release order, but I'll see if they keep cutting out and dying young.

Mar 23, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #51,795 of 62,449
Anyone with Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 can support? I have Smart Wear detection ACTIVE. But while it works when listening to music on iOS, it doesent on my Sony A106 Android 9. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back