Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 27, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #51,886 of 62,881
There is simply no way that they don't get loud enough for you lol. :)

Have you turned volume up in the app? This is the only possible way this could happen.
My horrible memory! I forgot that I wasn’t able to get the app to open on my iPhone 12. The volume must be low on that end.

Mar 27, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #51,887 of 62,881
My horrible memory! I forgot that I wasn’t able to get the app to open on my iPhone 12. The volume must be low on that end.
I got the FiiO app to open and turned up the volume.
Very loud now at sub max volume!
Sounds great 😊

Mar 28, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #51,888 of 62,881
I received the SoundPeats Opera5 from their Kickstarter campaign today. Unfortunately, from what I can tell, I got a bad unit. Thus, I cannot give any kind of review. I can give some kind of off-tiltered impressions.

Basically, the earpieces should be connecting and disconnecting when place in/out of the charging case. This is not happening with the right earpiece. I used some painter's tape and aluminum foil to connect both earpieces to both sides of the charger since they're not interchangeable. The left earpiece was able to connect to the charging case on both sides. The right one, neither side. I have sent to email to SoundPeats and will see what they say. In the past, I have had decent experiences dealing with their customer service; all related to the sound filters (wax and dirt filters on the earpieces).

I will give my experiences with using it for about 15 - 20 minutes, not including the troubleshooting time. It should be noted I have been using SoundPeats TWS since 2017 with 4.1 BT model (SP-Q29-DK-US). I have also used TrueFree, Trueengine 3 and H1. Thus, I have a reasonable idea of what to expect from SoundPeats in their TWS headsets.

I will say I'm not a fan the charging case. One, it has not flat surfaces. It's not a ball shape, but it will never situp unless it's propped up. The quality of it is similar to other models I have used. I'm not a fan of the color to indicate the battery percentage range on the charging case. The color choices are not colorblind-friendly either. I much prefer the four LEDs that the Trueengine and H1 case used. There is a button on the case used to either put in pair mode or reset the earpieces. I'm indifferent to it. At the same time, I think it's not worth having. It wasn't that hard to reset the previous earpieces despite it taking a few steps to complete. Plus, there is an option in the SoundPeats app to reset them, which makes the button for most people redundant. I also think most people by default are used to holding down the earpiece button till it goes into pairing mode. Opening the closing the lid automatically turns on/off the earpieces when in the case. I'm not seeing how useful this is beyond the occasional firmware update. I prefer having the earpiece actually placed in the case being the action to trigger the auto-powering. At this time, there is no way to power on/off the earpieces directly from the earpiece. This will be an issue if one forgets or losses the charging case; I have forgotten the charging case a couple times while rushing out the door. I would much rather ditch the bottom and it's functions, although a bit easier than other models, to have wireless charging. In find having wireless charging more useful, even if I don't use it very often.

The sound is good. A little more bass-heavy compared the H1s. It's been a while since I used the Trueengine 3, but they're probably close to them. I prefer a more reference/neutral sound signature than bass-heavy. I do use Sound ID. The sound did improve when I calibrated it for using the Opera5 instead of the H1. Still a little bass-heavy for my liking, but some tweaking could probably improve it. The general public seems to want bass-heavy headphones which is probably why Soundpeats leaned this way.

I cannot comment on how well the ANC works other than it does. It was quiet when I tried it out, but it did reduce outside noise. There are three settings, ANC on, passthrough, and normal. I have no idea what normally does; I'm guessing it's ANC and passthrough off. I only have one ANC headset with is the Focal Bathys, which, from what I've read/heard/seen, is average. I'm getting the impression these will be similar.

Fit and comfortable, I can see these being very dependent on one's ear shape. I have a feeling for me, if my ears are wet or waxy, I'll have issues keeping them in my ear.

The controls are similar to other Soundpeat models. It works. The usual one, two, or three-tap thing. There is a function tied to a 1.5-second hold to cycle through the ANC. It's a little tricky to use. If not don't right, it changes the volume or goes to the next track.

I'm use to Soundpeat quirks. I don't use the touch inputs often because I can get inconsistent results. I find the SoundPeat sound to be decent. Charging cases work and are easily forgotten about. I don't really have qualms on the earpieces themselves. The charging case on the other hand, I'm do not like it. The few conveniences it offers are not worth what was lost compared to, say, the H1 case.

Mar 28, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #51,890 of 62,881
Always wanted to try the Momentum 3 and they where on sale for 169 on Amazon so I said, sure. Got them yesterday and going back today. I can not get a comfortable fit on the right side which is mainly due to my ear and the somewhat shallow fit of the bud. The sound was good but still partial to my XM4s. Did my sound check with A Perfect Circle- Judith and the Sony is just more my thing.
Can't wait for the XM5s to come out, the new Prototype looks nice and it's supposed to be multi-driver.

Mar 28, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #51,891 of 62,881
Always wanted to try the Momentum 3 and they where on sale for 169 on Amazon so I said, sure. Got them yesterday and going back today. I can not get a comfortable fit on the right side which is mainly due to my ear and the somewhat shallow fit of the bud. The sound was good but still partial to my XM4s. Did my sound check with A Perfect Circle- Judith and the Sony is just more my thing.
Can't wait for the XM5s to come out, the new Prototype looks nice and it's supposed to be multi-driver.
Hi howdy, my Mtws2's fit pretty good..
Did Sennheiser physically change the two by a large amount, and did you have fit issues with the 2's? Thanks!

Mar 28, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #51,894 of 62,881
I owned the original MTW and have tried the CX400 and the sport model. I like them but have to admit I also prefer the Sony XM4, going to sell off my last spree of curiosity and just sit tight for the XM5. The wait is killing me though.

Mar 28, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #51,896 of 62,881
Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 12:49 AM Post #51,897 of 62,881
my expiriance with soundpeats has always been negative, maybe i just bought the wrong pair.
In my experience, for price, they're pretty good. The biggest I've had them prior was the "sound filter" would come out. Soundpeats eventually told me which filters I can use to replace them. In general they lack features that some of the competitors' similar range models have; not necessarily the same price range.

Mar 29, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #51,898 of 62,881
Mar 29, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #51,899 of 62,881
Nuratrue Pro owners - are the connection issues still that bad? Or has this been fixed with updates? Or maybe it was a matter of bad unit and everything was fine when you received a replacement unit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back