Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 30, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #51,916 of 62,589
I have had multiple Firmware updates for the H1 Prem, the same as Sonic/Sonic Pro in that one side or both sides can lose most or all of its volume during playback and will come back once in the case for a while but can become permanent so basically no use to man or beast.

Kickstarter and Amazon UK/US is full of feedback from customers with same issue.

Mar 30, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #51,919 of 62,589
well... the obsession runs deep. I don't even know why I have accumulated all these bluetooth dacs since I don't use them often. However, I do appreciate using earbuds or iems with them from time to time.

audio_bt-dacs.jpeg

I've been saving up money for these for years (even though I forgot. lol) I check Amazon and now there's an option that is pretty tempting. What do you all think? This is something I need, right? It's important as we continue to be in a remote-friendly work environment, right? It'll help me be more productive, right? right?

Sony_IER-Z1R_Signature_Series_in-Ear_Headphones__IERZ1R__Black_Silver.png

Mar 30, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #51,920 of 62,589
That is a great price!!! Even sour mouth Crinacle likes these, so that's saying something.. 😃 I would buy them, but just bough recently, Audeze LCD's, HD 660's, xm4's (over ears) and several more..
well... the obsession runs deep. I don't even know why I have accumulated all these bluetooth dacs since I don't use them often. However, I do appreciate using earbuds or iems with them from time to time.

audio_bt-dacs.jpeg

I've been saving up money for these for years (even though I forgot. lol) I check Amazon and now there's an option that is pretty tempting. What do you all think? This is something I need, right? It's important as we continue to be in a remote-friendly work environment, right? It'll help me be more productive, right? right?

Mar 30, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #51,921 of 62,589
Those with the mystique, what's your experience with auto off. Mine has started driving me nuts.

If you turn off Bluetooth, they go into pairing mode then turn off in minutes. Really dumb.

Also if I put them in my pocket still connected, They still turn off too fast. i can't say how long exactly, but I can stop and talk to someone for a bit, less than 30 minutes, and I have nothing to listen to when I put them back in my ears. I think even less than 15 minutes

I can't find any way to change this ridiculous setting. Help

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #51,922 of 62,589
I bought one pair of Sony hi end IEM XBA-Z5 for around $700 and just over a year later one of the MMCX connectors crapped out. Just can not bring myself to buy another super expensive IEM again.

Having said that, I imagine the Z1R sound divine.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #51,923 of 62,589
I bought one pair of Sony hi end IEM XBA-Z5 for around $700 and just over a year later one of the MMCX connectors crapped out. Just can not bring myself to buy another super expensive IEM again.

Having said that, I imagine the Z1R sound divine.
As a counter-example, I bought a used SE846 in 2018 and I've beat the heck out of them since without any issues.

Mar 30, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #51,924 of 62,589
It all boils down to how often you change cables. My Fiio FH5 has only been switched 3 times and I don't plan to disconnect them unless I buy a higher end IEM I want to use on my UTW5S.

But if you minimize switched them around sure helps helps them last longer. Just struggle with paying so much for IEMs that can so easily break down.

Mar 30, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #51,925 of 62,589

audio_bt-dacs.jpeg

Sony_IER-Z1R_Signature_Series_in-Ear_Headphones__IERZ1R__Black_Silver.png
Z1R is still a great set tody.

Attachments

• 20230322_210931.jpg
    20230322_210931.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 31, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #51,926 of 62,589
With the current downtime in tws releases is pretty much everyone here going to jump on the next release? Be it Sony or Technics, etc.

Would be cool if everyone had the same set to compare.

Mar 31, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #51,927 of 62,589
I see it has been mentioned above fleetingly but I noticed today lots of updates to SoundPEATS firmware.

I've got the following:

H1 - Update to v0.3
Capsule3 Pro - Update to v59
Air3 - Update to v0.4.3
Air3 Deluxe HS - Update to v0.5.1
Air3 Pro - Update to v1.70
Life - Update to v030 (optimises the noise floor problem)

Checked the FR on the life and it hasn't changed from the previous FW

Mar 31, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #51,929 of 62,589
I have had multiple Firmware updates for the H1 Prem, ... that one side or both sides can lose most or all of its volume during playback and will come back once in the case for a while but can become permanent ...
Interesting. This is the first time I've had this kind of issue with SoundPeats. The recurring issue I've had is the "sound" filters (ie wax/dirt filters) would eventually come off. SoundPeats has shipped a new pair of Opera5; this time from the USA.

I haven't purchased or use any of the premium or pro versions of the headsets. The extra features they offered did not seem worth the wait or cost.

I don't get too upset over failed products I receive because there is usually a 3-5% failure in manufacturing. I only want to get a replacement unit at no extra cost. I will take a refund for appreciation.

Mar 31, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #51,930 of 62,589
Those with the mystique, what's your experience with auto off. Mine has started driving me nuts.

If you turn off Bluetooth, they go into pairing mode then turn off in minutes. Really dumb.

Also if I put them in my pocket still connected, They still turn off too fast. i can't say how long exactly, but I can stop and talk to someone for a bit, less than 30 minutes, and I have nothing to listen to when I put them back in my ears. I think even less than 15 minutes

I can't find any way to change this ridiculous setting. Help
It is annoying but I think it's a battery saving feature. A long touch on each bud turns them back on. Occasionally they don't reconnect automatically after turning them back on. Would like to see an update to fix that and maybe even give us the ability to connect to multiple devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back