Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 29, 2023 at 5:12 AM Post #51,901 of 62,869
Nuratrue Pro owners - are the connection issues still that bad? Or has this been fixed with updates? Or maybe it was a matter of bad unit and everything was fine when you received a replacement unit?
I work in a factory and have no issues when I have my phone in my pocket. I left it on the side the other day while at work and when I went into another department - about 5m away and the room is brick walled and they struggled to keep a connection. Also had no issues while walking around town. This is connected to a pixel 6 pro Via Apt X.

Mar 29, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #51,902 of 62,869
I'd say the Oppo have more of a full sound. Wider stage, san Spatial Audio, which is on the APP2. If your home has a lot of Apple ecosystem items, then maybe get the APP2. If not, Oppo. If you want deeper bass and perhaps and even wider stage, the Oneplus Buds 2 seemingly edge out the Oppo.

Thx. I do have the APP2 and very happy in my 🍏 garden. I was just wondering if I would be missing out “too much”.

Mar 29, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #51,903 of 62,869
Nuratrue Pro owners - are the connection issues still that bad? Or has this been fixed with updates? Or maybe it was a matter of bad unit and everything was fine when you received a replacement unit?
I recently returned mine for Bluetooth drops, particularly outside. A quick turn of the head would cause it as well. The place I purchased had 2 other returned units. I spoke with them and they said they wouldn't carry them anymore. Connecting with Samsung S23 Ultra and Pixel 7 pro. It is a shame because I did like the sound.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #51,904 of 62,869
Anyone got a user manual in .PDF for the new SoundPeats Opera05 as my ears may be Golden but my eyes sure are not?

Thanks, in advance.

P.S unlike the early reviewers that actually stated these only had SBC/LDAC, they added AAC.

The only real issue so far is lack of Skip Track Backwards on a "high-end" pair of earbuds esp. as Tripple Tap on both buds is Voice Assistant so a waste.

Not had chance to test ANC yet but passive seal is as good as any and far better than the Mini Series that simply did not fit me.

One of the best TWS I have ever heard via PC+MusicBee no EQ and Andoid Phone+PowerAmp Pro no EQ and start to get quiet loud at around 65-75% Vol and more so if EQ was enabled.

He needs to add a 16bit option for LDAC as currently is all is set correctly apart from it is 24bit.

Screenshot 2023-03-29 131804.png

2023-03-29.png

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #51,905 of 62,869
Been debating getting these. How are you liking them? Have any other TWS you can compare against?
Thay are up there with the MTW3 and FiiO F5's.

I have had good sounding BT earbuds (inc Non TWS and Neckband styles) in the past like B&W P14 (buggy though) and well as Sony and Bose I have owned/still own though they do not sound good IMO (too bass heavy and not even good bass) and are more about ANC.

P.S someone a page or so back said one of his buds will not charge, mine are both fine thankfully as they disconnect and charge both independently or together when put in the case and I initially charged all 3 items (earbuds+case) to 100%.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #51,907 of 62,869
After a replacement, I can count the amount of Bluetooth blips on one hand after five weeks or so. Regular use, most of it outside. Aptx Adaptive does its job well - I can tell when it drops down to a low, low rate to keep the connection.
The sound is amazing. This unit works well enough for me to hit the wall in terms of multi-hour comfort, though, so... I got the Sennheiser HD600 for when I can sit down at home and don't mind a cable.

Mar 29, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #51,908 of 62,869
I got the email shipping notification today. I look forward to trying Opera5 out. I've been using SoundPeats for years. I like their supercheap models. Great for the gym. I also have used the Trueengine 3 and H1s. I like the H1s over the TE3. I hoping the Opera will lean more towards the H1s in bass response. I was slightly disappointed the case does not have wireless charging; I don't use it often. It is useful to have. I'm going to see if the Operas fit in the H1 case which does have it.
I tested it for you.,

Some cases are obv totally different shape internally and some are similar shaped internally, but the size of these buds is larger than all the cases I tested internally esp the depth which were the Sonic series / H1 series / Mini series cases.

The good news is even using Azla Crystal Standard eartips (not the TWS variant) they fit the case without issue which is good for me as I needed the depth.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #51,909 of 62,869
Well, I don't like to be the person that only chimes in with negative news, but my replacement pair of ATH-TWX9's now have a failed left driver. Some of you may remember my first fiasco with these things back in November (to summarize: the IEM's somehow became de-synced from each other and would show up as individual Bluetooth devices). I purchased from Amazon JP, and despite initially requiring me to ship them back to Japan at a cost of $98, they sent a replacement pair for free.

That replacement pair has been fine until a couple days ago. The left IEM began to break up and cut in and out. Fiddling with it in my ear would bring it back, only for it to cut out again. Yesterday it was nearly dead–pretty much no sound unless I moved it around in my ear and then sound would play for a split second. Now today it's a goner. Nada. Zip.

I use them almost exclusively in the gym, but I can't see how that would be causing failures. I don't have rivers of sweat from my head dripping on them, and I'm not smacking them with weights. So, I am left pretty peeved with Audio Technica. These are my fifth pair of ATH IEM's, and three of the five pairs have experienced failures. Not a good track record. I don't even want another replacement pair at this point. Hopefully Amazon JP will issue a full refund and I will then have to buy something else. The Sony WF-1000XM5's look interesting.

Mar 30, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #51,910 of 62,869
Anyone got a user manual in .PDF for the new SoundPeats Opera05 ...
I tested it for you., ... [they don't fit]

The good news is even using Azla Crystal Standard eartips (not the TWS variant) they fit the case without issue which is good for me as I needed the depth.
Unfortunately, Soundpeats hasn't released a PDF version yet. I've been using a magnifying glass because I have similar issues like you.

Thanks for the information on the Azla tips. I haven't tried using other tips because I'm the one having an issue with the right earpiece not functioning correctly. If I listen to any kind of audio for a couple of minutes, the right earpiece will not recognize being placed back into the charging case. I ended up doing a YouTube video showing how it works correctly than bork (). Somehow I think I've gotten bad earpiece. I've been talking with Soundpeats on the issue. Not happy with the responses I've been getting. In the past, I was given a satisfactory resolution to the situation. I was able to get 40-50% rebate because the ear filters ("sound filters') came off from heavy use after 9-12 months of heavy usage.

Mar 30, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #51,911 of 62,869
Anyone got a user manual in .PDF for the new SoundPeats Opera05 as my ears may be Golden but my eyes sure are not?

Unfortunately, Soundpeats hasn't released a PDF version yet. I've been using a magnifying glass because I have similar issues like you.

There are numerous magnifier apps for smartphones. Or simply take a photo and zoom in on the pic.

Mar 30, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #51,913 of 62,869

Thanks for the information on the Azla tips. I haven't tried using other tips because I'm the one having an issue with the right earpiece not functioning correctly. If I listen to any kind of audio for a couple of minutes, the right earpiece will not recognize being placed back into the charging case. I ended up doing a YouTube video showing how it works correctly than bork (). Somehow I think I've gotten bad earpiece. I've been talking with Soundpeats on the issue. Not happy with the responses I've been getting. In the past, I was given a satisfactory resolution to the situation. I was able to get 40-50% rebate because the ear filters ("sound filters') came off from heavy use after 9-12 months of heavy usage.

Yea they want you to jump through hoops and make a video etc, I had same issue with the Kickstarter H1 Prem but never gave them an inch up and ended with 3 sets but all same issue, so I do not use them.

I am short-sighted so can see tiny text right up to my nose but not across the road but I wear monthly contact lenses so they lose me some of my jeweller's eyesight so some days it can be hard to read small text, but bright light help.

And as I said before to use a magnifying glass app moving about my phone screen, zooming in/out is not practical to read fully but ok if you need some info on say pairing etc.

I already had them paired and worked out the controls without he manual, I was just wanted to read some info on them but sometimes the manuals are basically just quick start guides.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #51,915 of 62,869
... And as I said before to use a magnifying glass app moving about my phone screen, zooming in/out is not practical to read fully ...
I use an actual magnifying glass, not my phone. I use it at work where I cannot use my phone. The print for the manual is like the "fine print" and many products.

This is the first time I did a video showing the problem. They did not ask for it. I don't think they understood exactly what I was saying. I suspect that most of the customer service personnel did not have English as a first language. After the video, they "agreed" there was a problem with the right earpiece, LOL. The problem occurred when I used them with my Windows 11 PC that has Bluetooth 5.2. I think personally think the firmware got borked when it was installed. I suggested trying to reinstall the firmware. I don't think fully understand. They'll probably send another unit.

On a side note, for the H1 headsets you have, you may want try doing updating the firmware on them. It may solve the problem. There are been a few firmware updates since the H1 was released. It's not like they can get more broken, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back