Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 24, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #38,761 of 62,746
Sorry for stupid question, but what’s “k2 function”? Is that transparency?

Edit: I can use DuckDuckGo…seems like a form of processing/upscaling of compressed files.

https://www.jvckenwood.com/en/technology/k2.html
Yep same sort of compression restoring like Sony DSEE. Can't be activated with adaptive but can with SBC, AAC, and AptX. Oddly though it says you can't activate it if something is playing. Has to be paused.

Also kinda joking a bit. I bought the first Victor TWS, the JVC HA-AE5T TWS, and the JVC HA-A8T TWS from them. So that is really more the activity they mean. So, they are certainly gonna send me the you might be interested in this ad mail for the FW1000T.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #38,762 of 62,746
Finding myself using flat more times than not these days. What do you feel is missing on flat?
Honestly a little bit of everything, but mostly clarity in all the frequencies, it's just muddy as all hell to me on flat.

To me what I notice on my own EQ Preset I try to get more clarity especially in the mids because I feel like the vocals (especially male vocals) end up falling way behind the rest on flat, but it's also overall sounds kinda blurred together to me on flat, and the bass also lacks depth and definition to me, the treble also lacks sparkle, but as soon as I try to lift it a bit my ears die from the sibilance.

I can sort of EQ it a bit towards my preference but it's still a long way from what I what I prefer.
I have this preference that seems to be hard to find in TWS earbuds, I like neutral-sounding earbuds with good clarity but also extra bass punch when the song requires it but otherwise doesn't prioritize any certain frequencies that much above others. (I honestly don't know if this is what I actually prefer though, I honestly can't say if what I enjoy is V-Shaped or Neutral, U-shaped or Harman Target, all that stuff. I like when stuff sounds "natural" but still has an ounce of extra sparkle and bass if the song i'm playing requires it, I guess)

What I want would kinda be the mids and clarity from the Sennheiser MTW2, with the bass response from the Gemini's (maybe a bit faster with a bit more BITE to it), and the treble from... I don't know exactly, I like sparkle but it's an extremely thin line between getting it to sound beautiful and getting it to feel like somebody is shoving an icepick into your ear from vocals and cymbals with that sibilance.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #38,763 of 62,746
Connection issues, calling issues, weird ANC issues.. I think the liberty 3 pros are going back to Amazon. Also the sound quality is solid but I don’t love how it does highs.

Oct 24, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #38,764 of 62,746
Just got the Earfun Pro and I have a strange problem with the ANC (and Transparent mode too actually). I have this weird "popping" sound in the left ear, some kind of "driver flex", except that I'm not moving it. Anyone else notice that ? My FIIL T1 have that "driver flex" and since they seem to be of a rather similar design. Anyone else notice that ?

Oct 24, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #38,765 of 62,746
Honestly a little bit of everything, but mostly clarity in all the frequencies, it's just muddy as all hell to me on flat.

To me what I notice on my own EQ Preset I try to get more clarity especially in the mids because I feel like the vocals (especially male vocals) end up falling way behind the rest on flat, but it's also overall sounds kinda blurred together to me on flat, and the bass also lacks depth and definition to me, the treble also lacks sparkle, but as soon as I try to lift it a bit my ears die from the sibilance.

I can sort of EQ it a bit towards my preference but it's still a long way from what I what I prefer.
I have this preference that seems to be hard to find in TWS earbuds, I like neutral-sounding earbuds with good clarity but also extra bass punch when the song requires it but otherwise doesn't prioritize any certain frequencies that much above others. (I honestly don't know if this is what I actually prefer though, I honestly can't say if what I enjoy is V-Shaped or Neutral, U-shaped or Harman Target, all that stuff. I like when stuff sounds "natural" but still has an ounce of extra sparkle and bass if the song i'm playing requires it, I guess)

What I want would kinda be the mids and clarity from the Sennheiser MTW2, with the bass response from the Gemini's (maybe a bit faster with a bit more BITE to it), and the treble from... I don't know exactly, I like sparkle but it's an extremely thin line between getting it to sound beautiful and getting it to feel like somebody is shoving an icepick into your ear from vocals and cymbals with that sibilance.
When I try to turn each frequency up, I ended up here

Edit: 125 is more like 2.5 db

1635097340529.png

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #38,767 of 62,746
I received the ML SednaEarfit Crystals late yesterday and tried them on the Bud Pro's. The diameter is definitely larger than the large Samsung tips. The opening to the ear is is extremely close in diameter to the ones Samsung supplied and there is no wax trap/ screen, just an open hole for sound to pass. They do sit a bit further out from the tip of the bud's so they should fit deeper in the ear. They fit in the case and allow charging, no surprises.

I gave them a listen in the early hours of the AM while I was getting drowsy and some today. I think they extended the top a little and give slightly more detail as cymbal strikes are more noticeable and guitar licks are a little crisper. Perhaps there is more separation at the same time. Bass? I think It did a little there too. Overall a cleaner/ clearer sound. More gains in the mid and upper than lower.

With the Samsung tips I had to use the largest pair to get a seal and every now and then I don't think the right one was sealing that great. With the Samsung tips if I pushed in on them while listening and making slight adjustments they would gain sound volume and have better sound quality. As soon as I let go that sound improvement was gone and things seemed a bit muddier. I had ordered both Med and ML Crystals but only the larger ML tips showed up. With the SednaEarfit Crystals if I push in on them I gain almost no sound quality and they seem to stay put. They are a little more comfortable than the SednaEarfit lights.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #38,768 of 62,746
That seems small. From that I'll need at least the large. I'll probably cut that wax trap out.
I don't mind the + in the middle of the tip. Those are the large tip I measured. Let me take another measurement to ensure I hadn't accidentally squeezed one side.
20211024_224209.jpg

I would say it's more like 14mm for the large tip.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #38,769 of 62,746
Have you experimented more with this app ? This app makes the TaoTronics 94 pretty attractive but I can't find them anywhere, do they exist under another name maybe ? The SoundPeats T2 look pretty similar but they're not compatible with the app based on your findings.
I can find TaoTronics 94 on my list, but it can be confusing scrolling through the list as it contains every Bluetooth device your phone remembers.

Unfortunately the hard-limiter that causes this huffing distortion makes EQ adjustments difficult without lowering the volume. The factory preset is listed and doesn't have much of this distortion, but it doesn't show you what its EQ settings look like.

The T2 doesn't work with EQ but the app does make it a bit more convenient to change ANC modes without disruptions and you can force ambient mode to only work on one ear by putting one bud in the case and turning it on with the app.

My Galaxy Buds2 was at 31% today and the case only had 21% left. It charged to 68% after putting them back into the case. However, I noticed a lot of drain while on ANC - within a few minutes of wearing them without playing music the earbuds were down to 64%. One earbud also drains considerably faster than the other (one has 15% left when the right one is depleted). I guess this relates to the master-slave configuration but has been a recurring issue in Galaxy Buds.

Oct 25, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #38,770 of 62,746
Oct 25, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #38,772 of 62,746
Interesting fact as we might assume that this is what they did. Make an FW01 into TWS. Turns out....

The specs do say it is a wood dome carbon and not just the wood dome as in the FW01. :)
https://www-phileweb-com.translate....auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=nui
(Some JVC propaganda but does peak the interest):wink:
Thanks for that info. That's very interesting, this certainly has me interested. I don't really need another pair of TWS, but I do like what JVC offer sound wise so wouldn't mind trying this but I see it's only available via Drop?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #38,773 of 62,746
When I try to turn each frequency up, I ended up here

Edit: 125 is more like 2.5 db

I tried it and it's not working great for me. Right now i'm at
80: 1.5dB
125: -3.0dB
400: 1.5dB
1,25: 2.5 dB
4: -1dB
8: 1.5dB

And it's okay but I'm not 100% loving it either.

Oct 25, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #38,774 of 62,746
I don't mind the + in the middle of the tip. Those are the large tip I measured. Let me take another measurement to ensure I hadn't accidentally squeezed one side.
20211024_224209.jpg
I would say it's more like 14mm for the large tip.
Extreme close up!!
What are people thinking about these? New JVC/VICTOR TWS in wood. Seems to have a premium price though. Around 38900 YEN. https://www.victor.jp/headphones/wireless/ha-fw1000t/
Never heard of 'em. I'm always late on the newest stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back