Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 25, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #38,776 of 62,165
@dj24 Calls are crisp and clear. No issues so far. Sound is great. No soundstage like the Devialet Gemini, but that is to be expected. ANC is okay for fans and home appliance hum. Haven't tested it with anything else. Good for my needs at home working. I've had all the Jabra's since the the original first gen. Granted my memory isn't perfect, but I do enjoy the sound on these 7 Pros very much. Bass isn't as muddy as I felt the 75/85s are, were. I think the sound separation is a little better here. Still listening. I've been pitting them against the Sennheiser CX Plus today. These two are competitors to one another. The Jabra's are a better value feature-wise and seem to have a better form factor for the human ear. They're the smallest Jabra buds yet and fit me better than the Sennies. Sennies are great in their own right. All the above said, there do seem to be a few bugs with the Jabra 7 Pro. When you're listening to music and activate hearthrough, there's static for quick moment. Annoying. Also, the app freezes for a reason I can't figure out. Not sure if it's iOS 15 or the app. Has only happened twice. I'm sure they'll fix them with a firmware update (fingers crossed). These issues aren't deal breakers for me yet. So, all in all, my favorite Jabra buds to date. Despite the bugs, they're edging out the Sennies over here.

Oct 25, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #38,777 of 62,165
Saw these and they don't look half bad...
OIP.878vd1ZBJ0_kWv7OGxatiAHaEo

JBL Endurance Race, IP67, 10 hour battery 30 total, quick charge, smart ambient, dual beamform mics. $79. Next month it seems. Reflect Flow Pro is in stock now(the black)... https://www.worldwidestereo.com/pro...se-canceling-active-sport-earbuds?color=Black
Does have the 6.8mm driver and the ANC but wish they would have aptX. Great design though as far as being small and fit options.

...and Aviot with a budget ANC option also $80.
R21E011K_L_02.jpg

Qualcomm 3040 chip, 5.2 with aptX and adaptive, TW mirroring, 4 Knowles mics, ambient, and 9 hours per charge.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #38,778 of 62,165
Screenshot_20211026-075735_Chrome.jpg

now, out of the slew of Chi-Fi IEM companies that presented their TWS, this teaser is the one that somehow interest me. I only have heard their Oxygen, but based on reports that they have somewhat the same tuning across their IEMs, I'm hopeful that this is also tuned similarly, as they even kept their IEM shape for this TWS too

still no info on the tech side of things though...

Oct 25, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #38,779 of 62,165
And the onslaught of Chi Fi TWS begins ,very soon we will have TWS with 10 drivers, etc. 😀
Hopefully companies will master ANC mics for calling as these are the killer features of real TWS. If I want hear audio fidelity I will just hard wire myself in.😉
Portability for me is being able to enjoy my music untethered but when I need to talk for people to hear me with no distortion or when I want to listen to a podcast or VM in a crowded place that I can actually hear!! 🙃

Oct 26, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #38,781 of 62,165
I made an inquiry at Comply about their tips for the Bud Pro's asking when they will be available. They told me they were available but had to pull them from the market because there was a retention issue and that they would once again be available in a few weeks. My guess is that the foam was separating from the rubber/ plastic that goes around the TWS tip.

Oct 26, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #38,782 of 62,165
So shockingly enough I think my TWS itch is gone for now thanks to to the 1More Comfobuds Pro.

They have a shallow fit, super comfy, strong mids sparkly highs and great bass so with the Sennheiser CX 400BT and the Fiil T1XS I think I'm all set! (at least for now)

If I were to get the 1More before the Sennheiser I would have probably skipped the CX 400BT because the Comfobuds Pro do almost everything right.

The main difference between the two in terms of sq is that the 1More are more resolving and have stronger mids. They also do Imaging differently.
The CX 400BT have wider soundstage and depth while the Comfobuds Pro have more height on top of width to the soundstage and you feel like you are on stage or in front of the singer while the Sennheiser are a bit further away from the action.

The Comfobuds Pro have super well done Ambient, the best I have had, which is very useful to me and the ANC for my use case is excellent.

If you are considering the 1More get the Aurora Blue which has the pre-sets for eq while the black and white versions don't. (I know, super odd marketing choice).

I got mine well below their price tag and at $60 you're winning all day as their pre-sets eq is better and more responsive than the 3 bar Sennheiser eq.

I got both pairs below retail and use them both as part of my rotation as they are different enough to keep both.

Oct 26, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #38,783 of 62,165
Screenshot_20211026-075735_Chrome.jpg

now, out of the slew of Chi-Fi IEM companies that presented their TWS, this teaser is the one that somehow interest me. I only have heard their Oxygen, but based on reports that they have somewhat the same tuning across their IEMs, I'm hopeful that this is also tuned similarly, as they even kept their IEM shape for this TWS too

Tanchjim, I would think will tune these very well. They are a solid company with pretty high standards for chi-fi so.... I'm curious

Oct 26, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #38,784 of 62,165

Would like to see the shape more as well. A bit odd with the driver in front in that ball it would be good to see the rest of it. Not really shaped like their iems actually. Just the face is that shape in front. They might stick out quite a bit. Need more angles to judge better.
Hope they are better finished for the final version. ECHO is pushed toward the corner more which is fine but the logo on the other side is back too far and gets cut off by the mic screen when it doesn't have to. Hope they fix things like that when it is final.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #38,785 of 62,165
Not that the buds are anything good but this design is pretty cool...
51ff3HMBl1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Just need to add a spring mech and button so as you take them out you press the button and they open up for you to take out. They really got to start doing stuff with cases. The buds have been progressing but not the cases. No storage, no interesting designs from the big brands, no swappable batteries. The Pi7 had the transmitter built in which was at least something though not something that interested me.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #38,786 of 62,165
So my L3Ps are going back :
- the harshness never went away, regardless of the EQ settings
- call quality was terrible in my experience, especially when there were kids making noise at the park
- after 30 minutes of running (and sweating) it started 'self-pressing", very, very annoying !
- overall isolation is only "so, so" courtesy of the weak passive isolation
+ good SQ (apart from the harshness) and wide soundstage
+ wind noise handling not bad on a bike
+ the runner"s "thud" is pretty well handled wit ANC on, best IEM I've used in that respect.

Oct 26, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #38,787 of 62,165
So my L3Ps are going back :
- the harshness never went away, regardless of the EQ settings
- call quality was terrible in my experience, especially when there were kids making noise at the park
- after 30 minutes of running (and sweating) it started 'self-pressing", very, very annoying !
- overall isolation is only "so, so" courtesy of the weak passive isolation
+ good SQ (apart from the harshness) and wide soundstage
+ wind noise handling not bad on a bike
+ the runner"s "thud" is pretty well handled wit ANC on, best IEM I've used in that respect.

Thanks for the summary.
I think I'll pass on the L3P although I was tempted and Amazon returns are super easy but I think I just don't want the hassle after reading feedbacks here.
And since I'm very happy with my current rotation I'll wait to see if they release a FW update to deal with the harshness.

Oct 26, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #38,788 of 62,165
I eventually caved in sooner than I'd hoped with going into EQ on my LP3's. But I did give them nearly 30 hours chance on the original HearID.
The harshness never went and I got impatient. So I tried another HearID just to see, but got the same sound back... Overly bright and that metallic feeling still there, but still with a bottom end that I quite enjoy as it has plenty of weight without being muddy or bloated.
Yesterday I played around with the EQ and I've managed to iron out a bit of the harshness and no longer wince at those high hats and such like. But it's still not quite right to my ears. I'll likely continue to play around. Can firmware updates on TWS really alter sound quality?
On balance, and in truth because I took a gamble and bought at a bargain on eBay so have spunked my returns get out, I'll be keeping them. They're certainly not unlistenable by any means, and I can't be arsed to sell them on and go chasing a sound I may never actually find in TWS, especially at the price I'm prepared to pay.
The detail retrieval and soundstage is actually rather nice, if it wasn't for the harshness that comes as part of the package it seems.
For me, as my first set of TWS, and knowing I wasn't realistically going to compete with wired, they'll do for me for the benefits of convenience. I can live with the sound and just take it as something different to what I'm used to. Plus, I get the added bonus of the joy each time I come back to wired :gs1000smile:

Oct 26, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #38,789 of 62,165
@dj24 Calls are crisp and clear. No issues so far. Sound is great. No soundstage like the Devialet Gemini, but that is to be expected. ANC is okay for fans and home appliance hum. Haven't tested it with anything else. Good for my needs at home working. I've had all the Jabra's since the the original first gen. Granted my memory isn't perfect, but I do enjoy the sound on these 7 Pros very much. Bass isn't as muddy as I felt the 75/85s are, were. I think the sound separation is a little better here. Still listening. I've been pitting them against the Sennheiser CX Plus today. These two are competitors to one another. The Jabra's are a better value feature-wise and seem to have a better form factor for the human ear. They're the smallest Jabra buds yet and fit me better than the Sennies. Sennies are great in their own right. All the above said, there do seem to be a few bugs with the Jabra 7 Pro. When you're listening to music and activate hearthrough, there's static for quick moment. Annoying. Also, the app freezes for a reason I can't figure out. Not sure if it's iOS 15 or the app. Has only happened twice. I'm sure they'll fix them with a firmware update (fingers crossed). These issues aren't deal breakers for me yet. So, all in all, my favorite Jabra buds to date. Despite the bugs, they're edging out the Sennies over here.
I would stand pat here guys. I'm dealing with a ton of bugs after updating the firmware with my iPhone. Read that I should reinstall the fw and because the Jabra Sound + app kept freezing on my iPhone, I used my iPad to do this. Reconnected to my iPhone now to see if the issues persist. One that drove me nuts is while on a Zoom, the buds kept randomly muting themselves. Awful. We'll see if this reinstall of the firmware fixed things. I'll report back soon.

Oct 26, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #38,790 of 62,165
I eventually caved in sooner than I'd hoped with going into EQ on my LP3's. But I did give them nearly 30 hours chance on the original HearID.
The harshness never went and I got impatient. So I tried another HearID just to see, but got the same sound back... Overly bright and that metallic feeling still there, but still with a bottom end that I quite enjoy as it has plenty of weight without being muddy or bloated.
Yesterday I played around with the EQ and I've managed to iron out a bit of the harshness and no longer wince at those high hats and such like. But it's still not quite right to my ears. I'll likely continue to play around. Can firmware updates on TWS really alter sound quality?
On balance, and in truth because I took a gamble and bought at a bargain on eBay so have spunked my returns get out, I'll be keeping them. They're certainly not unlistenable by any means, and I can't be arsed to sell them on and go chasing a sound I may never actually find in TWS, especially at the price I'm prepared to pay.
The detail retrieval and soundstage is actually rather nice, if it wasn't for the harshness that comes as part of the package it seems.
For me, as my first set of TWS, and knowing I wasn't realistically going to compete with wired, they'll do for me for the benefits of convenience. I can live with the sound and just take it as something different to what I'm used to. Plus, I get the added bonus of the joy each time I come back to wired :gs1000smile:
To all those complaining of "harshness" on the L3P's, it might be a problem with fit. After playing with them for a week or so now, I'm finding that you don't have to insert them deeply into your ear canal (in fact, it can get painful if you do). I just place them in my ears, using the large tips, and give them the smallest possible counterclockwise twist to lock them in (I barely need that twist). I confirm they're sealed by slightly pulling on them (or using the fit test). Worn as described, they're very, very comfortable -- and not harsh or metallic. I do use the EQ to pump up the mids a bit, to personal taste, and I'm finding the overall sound profile really enjoyable. Clarity and soundstage are terrific, as others have noted -- and the low end is transformative. I'm not using the HearID for sound, but I am using it for ANC, which I find very effective. (I've been wearing them successfully on the NY subway for the last few days.) Call quality also seems great. All in, I'm very happy with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back