Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 22, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #38,731 of 39,920

clerkpalmer

Headphoneus Supremus
More on the Fokus. I'm gonna have to get my EQs back to compare but these may be the best sounding tws I've heard. The subbass extension is unreal for an iem. Never heard anything like it. You can feel your head shaking. Feel like there's a giant Amp in there. These get seriously loud for those who like that.

They are tuned wonderfully. So natural sounding. Percussion slams. Probably some shiny new toy syndrome but I am in love. If there is a gripe it's that the low end might be a bit flabby but not in a boomy way. Just a little loose - might tighten up with time. The BA drivers make sure it doesn't bleed however. These are seriously fun iems.

Oct 22, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #38,732 of 39,920

erockg

1000+ Head-Fier
More on the Fokus. I'm gonna have to get my EQs back to compare but these may be the best sounding tws I've heard. The subbass extension is unreal for an iem. Never heard anything like it. You can feel your head shaking. Feel like there's a giant Amp in there. These get seriously loud for those who like that.

They are tuned wonderfully. So natural sounding. Percussion slams. Probably some shiny new toy syndrome but I am in love. If there is a gripe it's that the low end might be a bit flabby but not in a boomy way. Just a little loose - might tighten up with time. The BA drivers make sure it doesn't bleed however. These are seriously fun iems.
Sadly, they're out of stock right now!

Oct 22, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #38,733 of 39,920

clerkpalmer

Headphoneus Supremus
Sadly, they're out of stock right now!
Yeah, the EQ may be the better overall package given the tech on board. But I need to hear them back to back to be sure. Noble did a nice job with these and extra points for a small audio company making tws a priority. They will get my business for that reason. These arent half baked garbage like we've seen from other "audiophile" companies. And the custom shells are fabulous.

Oct 22, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #38,734 of 39,920

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
Oct 22, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #38,735 of 39,920

erockg

1000+ Head-Fier
Yeah, the EQ may be the better overall package given the tech on board. But I need to hear them back to back to be sure. Noble did a nice job with these and extra points for a small audio company making tws a priority. They will get my business for that reason. These arent half baked garbage like we've seen from other "audiophile" companies.
Sadly, after the honeymoon was over I actually let EQs go. My third pair started to have that popping sound again on some songs. Got so frustrated I flipped them. Snagged the Bose again. Much better with the EQ they added. Baffles my mind as to why they didn't have all the new features up front, but I guess better late than never. Also, trying out the new Jabra Elite 7 Pros. They're tiny!

Oct 22, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #38,736 of 39,920

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
Yeah, the EQ may be the better overall package given the tech on board. But I need to hear them back to back to be sure. Noble did a nice job with these and extra points for a small audio company making tws a priority. They will get my business for that reason. These arent half baked garbage like we've seen from other "audiophile" companies. And the custom shells are fabulous.

Well, to be honest, we should expect this from them. They would really suck if they were half baked on the fourth TWS they have made. Time to round into shape and have all the kinks out by No. 4. :)

Oct 22, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #38,738 of 39,920

Tommy C

Headphoneus Supremus
Sadly, after the honeymoon was over I actually let EQs go. My third pair started to have that popping sound again on some songs. Got so frustrated I flipped them. Snagged the Bose again. Much better with the EQ they added. Baffles my mind as to why they didn't have all the new features up front, but I guess better late than never. Also, trying out the new Jabra Elite 7 Pros. They're tiny!

I was looking into the Bose QC buds but man those are huge.
They look comfy enough but just not sure how I feel about the form factor lol

Oct 22, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #38,740 of 39,920

clerkpalmer

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, to be honest, we should expect this from them. They would really suck if they were half baked on the fourth TWS they have made. Time to round into shape and have all the kinks out by No. 4. :)
In fairness the Falcon and Falcon Pro were pretty well received. The folks in noble thread like them. Yes, we should expect it we don't always get what we expect. Look at hifiman for example. Half baked.

Oct 22, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #38,741 of 39,920

clerkpalmer

Headphoneus Supremus
It doesn't bother me. Bose is kinda ubiquitous so you can get away with it. They are decently sleek despite the size. The EQ and now you can control the ANC they are winners. Not many tws are lookers.

Oct 22, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #38,742 of 39,920

erockg

1000+ Head-Fier
Bose had them on sale for $199 and then I got $30 more off via ID.me. They're very comfortable and light. I agree, they're big, but for home use, calls, etc. they're really working well. ANC is top notch.

Oct 22, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #38,743 of 39,920

Tommy C

Headphoneus Supremus
Just got the 1More Comfobuds Pro (Blue edition that has the 20+ eq pre-sets).
I'm surprised and impressed by the sq and ANC.
Stem form factor is an eyesore obviously but wow they're comfortable and suitable for side-napping.
Got them from Amazon for $55 - it's a heck of a bargain. They sound awesome for their MSRP. Easy.

Will listen to them for a good few hours and will share some more thoughts.

Ok, these are really good!

The good:
- Tuned right and despite not having a full eq all the 20+ pre-sets are super responsive and provide different flavors to the music so I really don't miss a full eq.
- Clear sound. No strange bright highs or recessed mids. They just fit my taste very well.
- Sounstage is wide. Not as wide as the Sennheiser CX 400BT but it is not narrow or cramped by any means.
- Imagining is very nice and the sound is very balanced but musical at the same time. They have some serious bass if you choose to go that route.
- They don't feel like a half-baked product. The build quality is excellent. Touch controls are super responsive and precise. The app is flawless.
- ANC and Pass-through are awesome. ANC is very effective for city noises coming from outside and doesn't cause pressure in the ears when turned on. Kitchen noises can be tamed quite a bit but not muted completely.
- Auto Play/ Pause is flawless.
- Very comfortable fit. They sit shallow. The stock tips work for me but they are oval and proprietary but I can wear them for hours.
- Portable case size.
- Call quality hasn't been tested yet but they should be very good based on the stem design and 6 mics.

The not so good:
- Music bleeds a bit so people may hear it if you're blasting your ears.
- The touch control are in the middle of the stem; so need to get used to it (more of a me problem really).
- Case lid feels a bit flimsy.
- If you're planning to purchase keep in mind that only the Blue edition comes with the EQ pre-sets. I don't mind the color but I would rather have them in black.

The bad:
- The stem design is not for everyone. I don't love it but honestly it's not as bad as I thought based on photos online as they are pretty compact.
- The touch control commands are customizable but they are limited since there is no single tap so I needed to choose between Vol up/down or Skip track.
- Confusing marketing. Black and White versions don't have the EQ but only the Aurora Blue edition does so if you don't know that, you're missing out.

All in all, they are winners and I'm surprised there is very little info about them around here.
I feel like the stem design was their downfall but if you can live with that they are super comfortable.

The sound is balanced and non-offensive and very versatile thanks to the pre-sets eq and you can spend all day with them as there is also zero ear fatigue due to the design.
* Lows are powerful but never bleed to the mids.
* Mids are nice clear and and full bodied.
* Highs are sparkly but never too bright and piercing.

Sound quality wise I'll put them very very close to the Sennheiser CX 400BT and more dynamic than the Sennheiser which some would prefer, with better headroom for volume. They are better than the CA MT as they are clearer without the bloated bass and nice dynamic, customizable sound if you choose to.

FWIW they are tuned by Luca Bignardi but unlike Soundcore who had 20 Grammy winners tuning their new TWS seems like this 4-time Grammy award winner dude knows a thing or two about how music should sound.

I think they are my new favorites as a total package for sound, ANC and battery life despite the stem style.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #38,744 of 39,920

Ceeluh7

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, these are really good!

The good:
- Tuned right and despite not having a full eq all the 20+ pre-sets are super responsive and provide different flavors to the music so I really don't miss a full eq.
- Clear sound. No strange bright highs or recessed mids. They just fit my taste very well.
- Sounstage is wide. Not as wide as the Sennheiser CX 400BT but it is not narrow or cramped by any means.
- Imagining is very nice and the sound is very balanced but musical at the same time. They have some serious bass if you choose to to go that route.
- They don't feel like a half-baked product. The build quality is excellent. Touch controls are super responsive and precise. The app is flawless.
- ANC and Pass-through are awesome. ANC is very effective for city noises coming from outside and doesn't cause pressure in the ears when turned on. Kitchen noises can be tamed quite a bit but not muted completely.
- Auto Play/ Pause is flawless.
- Very comfortable fit. The sit shallow. The stock tips work for me but they are oval and proprietary but I can were them for hours.
- Portable case size.
- Call quality hasn't been tested yet but they should be very good based on the stem design and 6 mics.

The not so good:
- Music bleeds a bit so people may hear it if you're blasting your ears.
- The touch control are in the middle of the stem; so need to get used to it (more of a me problem really).
- Case lid feels a bit flimsy.
- If you're planning to purchase keep in mind that only the Blue edition comes with the EQ pre-sets. I don't mind the color but I would rather have them in black.

The bad:
- The stem design is not for everyone. I don't love it but honestly it's not as bad as I thought based on photos online as they are pretty compact.
- The touch control commands are customizable but they are limited since there is no single tap so I needed to choose between Vol up/down or Skip track.
- Confusing marketing. Black and White versions don't have the EQ but only the Aurora Blue edition does so if you don't know that, you're missing out.

All in all, they are winners and I'm surprised there is very little info about them around here.
I feel like the stem design was their downfall but if you can live with that they are super comfortable.

The sound is balanced and non-offensive and very versatile thanks to the pre-sets eq and you can spend all day with them as there is also zero ear fatigue due to the design.
* Lows are powerful but never bleed to the mids.
* Mids are nice clear and and full bodied.
* Highs are sparkly but never too bright and piecing

Sound quality wise I'll put them very very close to the Sennheiser CX 400BT and more dynamic than the Sennheiser which some would prefer, with better headroom for volume. They are better than the CA MT as they are clearer without the bloated bass and nice dynamic, customizable sound if you choose to.

FWIW they are tuned by Luca Bignardi but unlike Soundcore who had 20 Grammy winners tuning their new TWS seems like this 4-time Grammy award winner dude knows a thing or two about how music should sound.

I think they are my new favorites as a total package for sound, ANC and battery life despite the stem style.
Nice review man. 1more has been doing tws for quite awhile and I'm glad to see they are still getting better. I too have never been a fan of the stem but I have looked past it for a few sets... I may try these out

Oct 22, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #38,745 of 39,920

Tommy C

Headphoneus Supremus
Nice review man. 1more has been doing tws for quite awhile and I'm glad to see they are still getting better. I too have never been a fan of the stem but I have looked past it for a few sets... I may try these out
Thanks man! I got them for $55 on Amazon Canada with the coupon. Somehow they are more expensive on Amazon US,
For the price they do everything right. For their regular price there is very little to complain about.
The execution on these in terms of reliability of connection, touch control and the app is excellent plus the eq options and the good sound make the whole experience very positive.

Users who are viewing this thread