Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 13, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #24,721 of 62,300
Hi! I am enjoying my XM3, still looking for the best tips. Now a want a pair for sport, garden use (dust)... What do you suggest me? I would riquere secure fit for biking:bicyclist:, and if possible... The best sound, what do you suggest me? Are the Jabras worth its cost :moneybag::moneybag: or something like a soundpeats would be great?:grinning:

Thanks!

Aug 13, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #24,722 of 62,300
Like you, I was initially concerned that a TWS wouldn't be able to hold a candle to my Etymotic ER4s. However, having "gambled" £24 on a pair of SSKs and then £20 on a pair of Soundpeats Truedots, I can assure you that the SQ is excellent and that they represent staggering value for money. Time to take the plunge...

I eventually bit the bullet and bought a pair of MPOW M30 Plus’s for £23 from Amazon. They are mightily impressive and punch well above their weight, with a well-balanced, yet fun sound.

Aug 13, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #24,723 of 62,300
Just picked up the Galaxy Buds Live. Big, Bold, Powerful sound, something I'd never thought I would associate with Samsung!

The fit was a bit tricky at first and had to use the larger "wings". Even with ANC, I'd still say it's a muffled "semi-open" impression, but with low frequency sounds cancelled. This is interesting, because it gives it a sense of speciousness that you don't get from typical earbud style tips. Touch controls have a small sweet spot, which is an adjustment.

Overall, surprised the sound is this "fun". Oh, and calls are great on these things.

Aug 13, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #24,724 of 62,300
Edit, after reading the posts about the T10 in this thread, i wanted to clarify what i say about the bass below. FWIW, i'm using the stock small tips, and i get a really snug fit with them. That said, they do get tiresome after 45-60 mins. the shape of the iem isn't as comfortable as the b530s were. Specificly what i mean to say about the bass is that, the bass closest to where mids end and bass begin is over done. It doesn't feel sloppy, but it sounds sloppy. i mention decent like a passive sub, i don't mean that i only hear certain bass notes here and there, but rather that the bass has that same sound i hear in passive subs but it never stops. Theres no texture or definition to what i hear from the bass. I wanted to like these more than i do. The case and iems are nicely built, the IPX7, Wireless charging and USB-C are all wins as well.
Original post is below. 2 days with the Tranya t10, they're just okay. Glad i didn't pay for them. To me, they sound similar to what i remember the original B530 sounding like. forward but kinda weird sounding mids, definitely not the worst i've heard at all, bass is decent, like passive sub from a home theater in a box decent, and up top kinda harsh at times. I'd say the OG B530 and the 2nd B530 with aptx sound cleaner over all and just better across the board. For $40 though, one could do worse. i'd say $20-30 max is what i'd pay for them though. Every other TWE i own is much better than these.
The T10 is; imo, a step backward and sideways from the b530 models.
Well put and I agree.

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #24,725 of 62,300
I would agree on the Mpow T5s and B530s being overall better, but I was not a fan of the Rimors. Mine are broken now so I can't go back and A/B them, but I was not a fan.
Understand.
I might be the only one on this forum that absolutely loves the Rimors - in fact I've got two pair of them. I am ok with this, and I don't expect anyone to agree, or change their minds. No need to offer a counterpoint.

I've a/b'ed them with other people and it's always unanimous - among my modest collection of sub-$75 TWS earbuds, everything sounds less dynamic, with less of a detailed soundstage than the Rimors. Maybe I've got the only two pair that were correctly manufactured. Who know - who cares. I love 'em. :smile_phones: I don't love the RealTek BT chips though.

I agree with the other T10 reviews - don't go too far out of your way to buy them. They're ok, but not leaders in their class.

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #24,726 of 62,300
Just picked up the Galaxy Buds Live. Big, Bold, Powerful sound, something I'd never thought I would associate with Samsung!

The fit was a bit tricky at first and had to use the larger "wings". Even with ANC, I'd still say it's a muffled "semi-open" impression, but with low frequency sounds cancelled. This is interesting, because it gives it a sense of speciousness that you don't get from typical earbud style tips. Touch controls have a small sweet spot, which is an adjustment.

Overall, surprised the sound is this "fun". Oh, and calls are great on these things.

I kind of want to try these, but I need to buy from a place with an easy return policy because I'm not that sure I'll like them. I like the idea and they intrigue me.

Aug 13, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #24,727 of 62,300
Aug 13, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #24,728 of 62,300

The bass will be tamed down after about 20 hours or so, but the quantity is still more than Gbuds and Gbuds+. It will also be less muddy just like most of dynamic driver IEM suffer when ootb.
Definitely a completely different sound signature than their previous TWS.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #24,729 of 62,300
Edit, after reading the posts about the T10 in this thread, i wanted to clarify what i say about the bass below. FWIW, i'm using the stock small tips, and i get a really snug fit with them. That said, they do get tiresome after 45-60 mins. the shape of the iem isn't as comfortable as the b530s were. Specificly what i mean to say about the bass is that, the bass closest to where mids end and bass begin is over done. It doesn't feel sloppy, but it sounds sloppy. i mention decent like a passive sub, i don't mean that i only hear certain bass notes here and there, but rather that the bass has that same sound i hear in passive subs but it never stops. Theres no texture or definition to what i hear from the bass. I wanted to like these more than i do. The case and iems are nicely built, the IPX7, Wireless charging and USB-C are all wins as well.
Original post is below. 2 days with the Tranya t10, they're just okay. Glad i didn't pay for them. To me, they sound similar to what i remember the original B530 sounding like. forward but kinda weird sounding mids, definitely not the worst i've heard at all, bass is decent, like passive sub from a home theater in a box decent, and up top kinda harsh at times. I'd say the OG B530 and the 2nd B530 with aptx sound cleaner over all and just better across the board. For $40 though, one could do worse. i'd say $20-30 max is what i'd pay for them though. Every other TWE i own is much better than these.
The T10 is; imo, a step backward and sideways from the b530 models.
I agree the T10 stock tips don't seal well for me either - and the sound range is limited as a result, at least in comparison to changing to these:

AZLA SednaEarfitLight Short 2 Pairs (Size ML)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083XQM2YP

Those fit in the case with the lid closed, and sound almost as great as the full sized tips:

AZLA SednaEarfit 2 Pairs (Size ML)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083GF9N81

Those both open up the sound and dynamic range of the T10's, I love the sound now and am glad I got 2 pair of the T10's for the long term.

The SednaEarfit ML's (full sized) fit in the KZ S2 cases fine, so just in case I keep both form factors around for new IEM's and TWS's. I've gone through a lot of tip brand and form factors over about 6 months and I am so happy now that I've found a brand / model that improve the sound and seal fit in my ears.

Aug 13, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #24,730 of 62,300
The bass will be tamed down after about 20 hours or so, but the quantity is still more than Gbuds and Gbuds+. It will also be less muddy just like most of dynamic driver IEM suffer when ootb.
Definitely a completely different sound signature than their previous TWS.

Its funny you say that...maybe my brain adjusted to the sound signature but yesterday the Treble Boost setting started sounding a bit bright and thin to me. I turned off Adapt Sound and switched to the Clear setting with ambient on and like that better now. Doesn't sound as compressed and congested as I remember thinking it was when I first tried it.

Aug 13, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #24,732 of 62,300
Can someone recommend me something in the range of 30-50$?

I previously have the anbes 359 but it's falling apart on me and while it fit my ears quite good the sound sometimes felt lacking.

I usually listen to pop, I like to hear the vocals so not too overbearing bass I guess? Also something that will stay in my ear when running or doing some outdoor activites.

I live in Europe so if it's something I can order from amazon.de or aliexpress that would be a plus.

Aug 13, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #24,733 of 62,300
Understand.
I might be the only one on this forum that absolutely loves the Rimors - in fact I've got two pair of them. I am ok with this, and I don't expect anyone to agree, or change their minds. No need to offer a counterpoint.

I've a/b'ed them with other people and it's always unanimous - among my modest collection of sub-$75 TWS earbuds, everything sounds less dynamic, with less of a detailed soundstage than the Rimors. Maybe I've got the only two pair that were correctly manufactured. Who know - who cares. I love 'em. :smile_phones: I don't love the RealTek BT chips though.

I agree with the other T10 reviews - don't go too far out of your way to buy them. They're ok, but not leaders in their class.
Oh for sure! Everyone has different ears and different sound preferences. I doubt mine were incorrectly manufactured, but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Aug 13, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #24,734 of 62,300
Size comparison between Sony 1000xm3, APP and Panasonic rz-s500w.

bHZABGe.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back