Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 12, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #24,691 of 62,627
So, I received those super fake Galaxy Buds in record shipping time from AliExpress and I am no expert, but I don’t think the LEDs on the originals are THAT strong (or the plastic casing so weak)

0158C4B8-62B9-4FD5-B965-F9A74C3E9499.jpeg
They do actually work, seem to connect well, sound ok, albeit a bit muffled. And no idea yet what the battery life is like. So, kids: don’t buy fakes. Having said that, 10$ for the experience and the knowledge how detailed this copy business is these days & finally having some yellow TWS to color coordinate .. not bad.

it will not take long to see the first copy GBLbeans on AliExpress... Mark my words

i saw some fake Bose sleepbuds on my local online store that actually does music unlike the real ones, tempting to try, but at 20 usd something, it's a bit much for an obvious fake

Aug 12, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #24,692 of 62,627
They look exactly the same as mine ! Not sure how to check for the Hardware/Software version without an app and I can't see any Rev info on the box.
Sorry for the confusion, on my Android 9 phone it shows "HD Audio : Qualcomm aptX audio" and not aptX-HD as you pointed out.

Since my last post I connected with an iPhone 6S and the behavior is exactly the same when ANC and Ambient are turned on.

I've asked Tronsmart several times in this thread about that SQ alteration when ANC was turned on but they ignored my question so I'm not sure what to think. Other than that SQ alteration I haven't noticed any other problem.
Hi, webvan,
Sorry if we didn't reply your questions in time. There are many messages in the thread. Sometimes we cannot see. If you have any question, you can also PM us.
About Apollo Bold, we have explained in this thread atthe beginning, there is no different versions! Only one version. App is same, but hasn't been released.
Apollo Bold cannot support aptX HD at this moment. We are working together with Qualcomm to solve some technical things. Please stay stuned.
When ANC on, the outside noise is blocked out. But when Ambient mode on, you can hear the noise. I think it is quite different. If yours are same, please contact us.
Thanks.

Aug 12, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #24,693 of 62,627
So the Galaxy Buds Live code-name printed inside is a bit obvious imo.
iFixit people can tear anything down!

Attachments

• 0d0911aaba1c.jpg
    0d0911aaba1c.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 0
Aug 12, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #24,694 of 62,627
i saw some fake Bose sleepbuds on my local online store that actually does music unlike the real ones, tempting to try, but at 20 usd something, it's a bit much for an obvious fake

but if they could keep that tiny form factor AND the stay hear tips, i'd be really tempted ... but from experience with 'micro' buds ... if not enough antenna pokes out of the ear = bad bad connection between buds ...

Aug 13, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #24,695 of 62,627
Sabbat Vooplay... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001286685971.html?spm=2114.12010611.8148356.10.5bed5de0ytL7hZ
Big 14.2 bio-fiber driver, aptX/AAC, USB-C, 6/40 hours total volume control, and plenty of colors to choose from. Obviously not to be bought at the opening see if we can get it Ali price as it should drop soon but kinda interesting for those not needing ANC etc. the like and just for listening especially is the streamline design is useful to you.
Looks nice but I wish they make another in-ear design with better fit, and with ambient sound at that.

Would I be a lunatic for purchasing the galaxy buds live for use on an iPhone only?
Nope, better than purchasing them for use with only Windows 10. :D

Aug 13, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #24,696 of 62,627
So the Galaxy Buds Live code-name printed inside is a bit obvious imo.
iFixit people can tear anything down!
Looks like it is going to be easy to change the battery if it dies, then again who use one TWS for 2 years??

Aug 13, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #24,697 of 62,627
Looks like it is going to be easy to change the battery if it dies, then again who use one TWS for 2 years??
Sounds like a fun project when time comes for the battery, but that IPX2 rating will go away I guess if we open it. The driver has to be lifted to remove the battery which seems risky lol... looks like I will be contributing to the e-Waste pile

The Global E-Waste Monitor 2020 reports a record 59 tons of e-waste, and predicts a rise to 81 tons by 2030.

https://tr1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/...a4beb99575f85cbc/chart-2-types-of-e-waste.jpg
https://www.techrepublic.com/articl...n-5-years-causing-serious-environmental-harm/

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #24,698 of 62,627
I am at 2+ weeks with the T10s, using them every day, listening while working and when running. Fortunately, b/c of the great info on this forum, all of the sub-$75 TWSs I own are at least good. I'd place the T10's at the bottom of that list, easily bested by TWSs such as the MPOW T5s, B530s and Rimors. I agree that the upper bass freqs are overwhelming and they really stifle just about all other freqs. I had a family member a/b the T10s with other TWSs and it was the same result. While certainly acceptable overall, the only really good feature of the T10s that I can see is the BT connection.
I would agree on the Mpow T5s and B530s being overall better, but I was not a fan of the Rimors. Mine are broken now so I can't go back and A/B them, but I was not a fan.

Aug 13, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #24,699 of 62,627
Edit, after reading the posts about the T10 in this thread, i wanted to clarify what i say about the bass below. FWIW, i'm using the stock small tips, and i get a really snug fit with them. That said, they do get tiresome after 45-60 mins. the shape of the iem isn't as comfortable as the b530s were. Specificly what i mean to say about the bass is that, the bass closest to where mids end and bass begin is over done. It doesn't feel sloppy, but it sounds sloppy. i mention decent like a passive sub, i don't mean that i only hear certain bass notes here and there, but rather that the bass has that same sound i hear in passive subs but it never stops. Theres no texture or definition to what i hear from the bass. I wanted to like these more than i do. The case and iems are nicely built, the IPX7, Wireless charging and USB-C are all wins as well.
Original post is below. 2 days with the Tranya t10, they're just okay. Glad i didn't pay for them. To me, they sound similar to what i remember the original B530 sounding like. forward but kinda weird sounding mids, definitely not the worst i've heard at all, bass is decent, like passive sub from a home theater in a box decent, and up top kinda harsh at times. I'd say the OG B530 and the 2nd B530 with aptx sound cleaner over all and just better across the board. For $40 though, one could do worse. i'd say $20-30 max is what i'd pay for them though. Every other TWE i own is much better than these.
The T10 is; imo, a step backward and sideways from the b530 models.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #24,700 of 62,627
Galaxy Buds Live.

Earbud aficionados will be familiar with how they present sound. Great bass for an open design, along with a very spacious soundstage. Didn't appreciate paying full retail to scratch the itch, but the moment it creeps down to the $129 range they will be a FANTASTIC buy. Call quality is nearly identical in quality to Apple Airpod Pros, with some nuanced differences but they are negligible. Fit can be elusive to dial in. The trick is to experiment with adjusting the beans across all four axes, not just insert and twist because there is also some room to play with the angle the sound vents lie in the ear as well.

One you get it down, it's super simple to get right every time. And they stay secure. I'll have no issues running with these and because of this, I'm super happy with the purchase.

Oh, and the ANC is useless. You can hear the difference when it's applied but who are we kidding, they don't really "cancel noise" realistically.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #24,701 of 62,627
Galaxy Buds Live.

Earbud aficionados will be familiar with how they present sound. Great bass for an open design, along with a very spacious soundstage. Didn't appreciate paying full retail to scratch the itch, but the moment it creeps down to the $129 range they will be a FANTASTIC buy. Call quality is nearly identical in quality to Apple Airpod Pros, with some nuanced differences but they are negligible. Fit can be elusive to dial in. The trick is to experiment with adjusting the beans across all four axes, not just insert and twist because there is also some room to play with the angle the sound vents lie in the ear as well.

One you get it down, it's super simple to get right every time. And they stay secure. I'll have no issues running with these and because of this, I'm super happy with the purchase.

Oh, and the ANC is useless. You can hear the difference when it's applied but who are we kidding, they don't really "cancel noise" realistically.
Yes, they are really fit dependent and you can tweak the sound with how much you positioned them inside your concha. The best sound for me is just put them on without jamming it into the ear canal. It gives a more open and airy treble, lessen and tighten the bass, mid is about the same. If I jammed it in, the sound will be more bass heavy and the bass will bleed into the mids, treble becomes dull kinda sounds like early cheap clone airpods.
The good thing is when they are sit in my concha, it won't move even when I shake my head real hard.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #24,702 of 62,627
Sounds like you're better off getting the excellent, cheap and reliable X12s then ? :wink:

Aug 13, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #24,703 of 62,627
Apollo bold or Sony xm3 anyone got both of them? Which one would you recommend?
I have both and recommend: get both :wink:

ok, if you are strapped for cash, get the Apollo. The xm3 sound a tad better same with ANC. Is the difference worth the price difference? That’s up to you. Oh, and I actually went running with the Apollo’s, something i would not dare try with the xm3 ...

get the Apollo and start saving for the xm4? :wink:

Aug 13, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #24,704 of 62,627
Sounds like you're better off getting the excellent, cheap and reliable X12s then ? :wink:

Sabbat X12 with Wavelet bass tuner boosted = sweet

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back