Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 13, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #24,736 of 62,630
Can someone recommend me something in the range of 30-50$?

I previously have the anbes 359 but it's falling apart on me and while it fit my ears quite good the sound sometimes felt lacking.

I usually listen to pop, I like to hear the vocals so not too overbearing bass I guess? Also something that will stay in my ear when running or doing some outdoor activites.

I live in Europe so if it's something I can order from amazon.de or aliexpress that would be a plus.
The Tevis are a great pair, however they are about 90 dollars but well worth it!

Aug 13, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #24,737 of 62,630
Must admit I'm likin' the green...

1597376373023.png

Mclaren have ugly faded orange tips that don't match the orange of the case and the script Klipsch is nicer looking to me than the Mclaren version.
1597376743520.png

And while the wrist strap may just be useful the "speed of sound" tag on the Mclaren's I can do without a tag on the strap. To me if you need a Qi pad then maybe the $20 might be worth it but I don't think it is worth it esp. since it is just branded but not in color or logos that actually look better.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #24,738 of 62,630
Its funny you say that...maybe my brain adjusted to the sound signature but yesterday the Treble Boost setting started sounding a bit bright and thin to me. I turned off Adapt Sound and switched to the Clear setting with ambient on and like that better now. Doesn't sound as compressed and congested as I remember thinking it was when I first tried it.
It also happened to me too. OOTB it was so muddy with bloated bass, but after listening with it for 8 hours or so, the sound became clearer and the bass is not as bloated as before. The first day I got it, I listened using the gbeans for almost 8 hours+. Still, this beans is different than typical tws, even with airpods, you want to get a good seal (which can be easily broken by just moving your mouth. With the Gbeans, you actually don't want a seal at all else the bass will be bloated.

Aug 14, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #24,739 of 62,630
I kind of want to try these, but I need to buy from a place with an easy return policy because I'm not that sure I'll like them. I like the idea and they intrigue me.
They have them at Best Buy. Unless you’re banned, get them there. 🙂

Aug 14, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #24,741 of 62,630
I agree the T10 stock tips don't seal well for me either - and the sound range is limited as a result, at least in comparison to changing to these:

AZLA SednaEarfitLight Short 2 Pairs (Size ML)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083XQM2YP

Those fit in the case with the lid closed, and sound almost as great as the full sized tips:

AZLA SednaEarfit 2 Pairs (Size ML)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083GF9N81

Those both open up the sound and dynamic range of the T10's, I love the sound now and am glad I got 2 pair of the T10's for the long term.

The SednaEarfit ML's (full sized) fit in the KZ S2 cases fine, so just in case I keep both form factors around for new IEM's and TWS's. I've gone through a lot of tip brand and form factors over about 6 months and I am so happy now that I've found a brand / model that improve the sound and seal fit in my ears.
Pretty sure the adds i've been seeing the last few days are for those exact tips. Good to know they work well on the t10. I didn't think to mention it at the time, but i had a thought while using the T10 that this case could hold any tip i wanted to put on these most likely. i will probably pick some of these tips you mention up soon, to bad i already sold the t10.

Aug 14, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #24,742 of 62,630
Can someone recommend me something in the range of 30-50$?

I previously have the anbes 359 but it's falling apart on me and while it fit my ears quite good the sound sometimes felt lacking.

I usually listen to pop, I like to hear the vocals so not too overbearing bass I guess? Also something that will stay in my ear when running or doing some outdoor activites.

I live in Europe so if it's something I can order from amazon.de or aliexpress that would be a plus.
Tronsmart Spunky Beats. Their AliExpress store has a vendor / distributor in Poland for EU folks, shipping took a week. I keep loving those (bought a spare set after my first one went 'missing') and they have the most similar fit to the Anbes. They do a great job at passive isolation, they sound great, and they have AptX ...

Aug 14, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #24,743 of 62,630
Was considering the Technic AZ-70 as they are on sale at amazon for 199.99 usually 250.00. I've always loved that brand, still have a pair of floor speakers that I bought in 1994 hooked to Onkyo receiver:L3000:.
I'm also really trying hard to wait for the Bose TW coming soon.
I almost bought these as well, but no APTX doesn't help their cause for me. Granted, i am planning on picking the Bose up, and have no expectation they will have APTX either. But the qc35 sound pretty good over SBC, and i expect i know what i'm getting as far as sound with the Bose earbuds 700. I have no idea how Panasonic tuned the AE70, and the only panasonic product i've heard recently was a pair of closedback overears a guy had hooked to his SP1000 at RMAF in 2017 and they sounded like garbage.
I don't get the sense the AE70s objectively sound bad, i just don't have anything to reference. Thanks to my recent BT overear binge i can only afford one of these 2. IF you pick them up please post your thoughts on them.
Anyone else that owns the AE70, i haven't ruled them out yet, especially since they have solid ANC based on posts i've seen here and from some reviews i've read. But how would you describe the sound? What True wireless models have you heard that you would compare them to?

Aug 14, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #24,745 of 62,630
They have them at Best Buy. Unless you’re banned, get them there. 🙂
Unless you're banned? lol...Spoken like a true junkie. no judgement here though, i've contributed to plenty openbox sales myself.

Aug 14, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #24,746 of 62,630
Friends, I see the TRN BT20S Pro being listed on a few shops in Aliexpress (I think it is for preorder). Price ranges from $63 - 74.70 USD.

Some stores list it as the "TRN BT20 Pro" without an S behind the BT20 part, so search accordingly!

Strangely they haven't put the modular MMCX/2 pin things for sale, only the main unit itself.
Argg at lowest price of $63 (potentially even more if one buys the modular options for 2 pin/MMCX), that is a bit on the pricier side. Plus TRN's rep for QC isn't always stellar. Anyone game to try it??

EDIT: I see some shops have coupons too, so maybe it can be low $60 USD at some shops with coupons.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #24,747 of 62,630
So, AK audio store start sell the new TRN BT20S PRO for $ 66 incl. sipping, unfortunately with only one interface to choose from. The microUSB is also mentioned in the description, but perhaps it can only copied from the old BT20S. Anyway, the price seems exaggerated to me, that it's just some QCC3020 TWS without drivers, so why?

Aug 14, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #24,748 of 62,630
So, AK audio store start sell the new TRN BT20S PRO for $ 66 incl. sipping, unfortunately with only one interface to choose from. The microUSB is also mentioned in the description, but perhaps it can only copied from the old BT20S. Anyway, the price seems exaggerated to me, that it's just some QCC3020 TWS without drivers, so why?

They are putting in a charging case and supposed aftermarket modular MMCX/2 pin swappable modules. But yes agreed, this doesn't justify a mega jack up of the price by almost 2 times! But I guess like most CHIFI gear, if u wait a few weeks after launch, prices are bound to drop.

I wonder how much they will sell the modular swappable modules, that has to be factored in on top of the $60ish USD for the main unit.

Aug 14, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #24,749 of 62,630
They are putting in a charging case and supposed aftermarket modular MMCX/2 pin swappable modules. But yes agreed, this doesn't justify a mega jack up of the price by almost 2 times! But I guess like most CHIFI gear, if u wait a few weeks after launch, prices are bound to drop.

I wonder how much they will sell the modular swappable modules, that has to be factored in on top of the $60ish USD for the main unit.
To calm down, I bought this one instead for some my DIY :)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001285291076.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.69.58f62f2cXZTbpR

I spent $ 9 there for 5 different TWS :xf_cool:

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #24,750 of 62,630
Tronsmart Spunky Beats. Their AliExpress store has a vendor / distributor in Poland for EU folks, shipping took a week. I keep loving those (bought a spare set after my first one went 'missing') and they have the most similar fit to the Anbes. They do a great job at passive isolation, they sound great, and they have AptX ...

Hi @Caipirina, thanks for your advice, I think that is also fine for my question about a budget pair for sport...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back