Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 2, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #22,381 of 62,204
I would like to know this as well. No seller in Europe based on the dealer list on their site.

It's frustrating because after reading a lot of reviews I finally said "okay, I'll give up Amazon returns, warranty and everything else to buy them" but what I found is an almost impossible task. In the US they're available for 162$ but they do not ship overseas. Shipment + taxes are like 230€ from a Singapore-based shop that had to stimate shipping rates because they don't ship overseas for the moment.

I asked Nuarl via mail, I'll update you in case I get a response. I'm also wondering if I could get a pair sent to me directly from Japan from a official reseller, but their english level tends to be bad and I don't think any of them would take the trouble.

Jun 2, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #22,382 of 62,204
Anybody using Jabra 75t with an android handset? How is the aac playback?

I keep reading stuff saying that aac is poor on android, I've ordered the 75t already but just curious as to what people have found with android

Jun 2, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #22,383 of 62,204
Delete - double post

Jun 2, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #22,384 of 62,204
Jun 2, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #22,385 of 62,204
Salvaging my Haylou GT1's

I love the GT1 for their pocketability -- a stark contrast to the xm3 and echo bud cases. But to my ears the GT1's have so much bass bloat that I've had to relegate them to exclusively to podcasts. :frowning2: My solution is a bit involving, so I post this here more to inspire other solutions; or for those that have a LG V-series phone, you can benefit from what I did without too much effort or cost.

Here's what I used: LG V60, Dayton Audio IMM-6 calibrated mic, 5/16" (8mm inner diameter) tubing, power equalizer app.

Using the IMM-6 mic plugged into the V60, here's the unadjusted graph of the GT1's: (the red line is an approximation of the Harman Target)

Screenshot_20200602-110106.png

Power Equalizer settings
Screenshot_20200602-201658.png

result: (I noticed I can't really correct sub-65hz and beyond 8k because of the quality of the coupling and lack of truly sensitive/calibrated equipment).
Screenshot_20200602-110423.png

Now, the GT1's are much, much more listenable for music!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200602-111709.png
    Screenshot_20200602-111709.png
    185.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #22,386 of 62,204
oops.... here's a shot of the v60 with mic.
IMG_20200602_111627.jpg

Jun 2, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #22,387 of 62,204
Anybody using Jabra 75t with an android handset? How is the aac playback?

I keep reading stuff saying that aac is poor on android, I've ordered the 75t already but just curious as to what people have found with android

I am using it and I think AAC works fine, do not hear a noticeable difference between AAC and APTX.

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #22,388 of 62,204
It's frustrating because after reading a lot of reviews I finally said "okay, I'll give up Amazon returns, warranty and everything else to buy them" but what I found is an almost impossible task. In the US they're available for 162$ but they do not ship overseas. Shipment + taxes are like 230€ from a Singapore-based shop that had to stimate shipping rates because they don't ship overseas for the moment.

I asked Nuarl via mail, I'll update you in case I get a response. I'm also wondering if I could get a pair sent to me directly from Japan from a official reseller, but their english level tends to be bad and I don't think any of them would take the trouble.
Shipment to which country?. I bought two TWS from Amazon US and shipment via a third party US company, HopShopGo, was USD22 to me in Singapore. This was pre-pandemic.

Jun 2, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #22,389 of 62,204
Looking for a second opinion. I'm looking to get the fiil t1x but they look a bit big. I have the anbes/kissral, bose soundsports free, and tranya t3 as references. The anbes are my favorite in terms of comfort. They just disappear in my ears. The tranya are big and while not uncomfortable, they are noticeable in my ears. Anyways, I'm looking input on how comfortable the fiils are and any other recommendations for sub $50. I've looked at scarbir leaderboard and the bomaker sifi 1 looked to fit the bill but I think they've stopped making them for the sifi 2.

Jun 2, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #22,390 of 62,204
New Buds plus update to improve ambient sound and other things.

Haven't tested the ancient sound but listening to some music in bed now and swear they sound a touch louder and a bit more spacious then before.
I'm disappointed. The ambient sound is clearer, but still devoid of any bass since the mid-April update, and it still does that annoying panning when exposed to a loud noise. If I'm washing my hands, playing the piano or have music playing off a speaker in the background, the volume fades in and out.

Also, there's no change to SBC output. Someone has told me that the Bluetooth quality sounds good through an Aorus Z390 so it's possible some chips are able to force a higher bitrate, but my ASUS Zenbook 15 with Intel chip and my Samsung Exynos Note 9 with a Murata chip both output low quality when using SBC.

Jun 2, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #22,391 of 62,204
Looking for a second opinion. I'm looking to get the fiil t1x but they look a bit big. I have the anbes/kissral, bose soundsports free, and tranya t3 as references. The anbes are my favorite in terms of comfort. They just disappear in my ears. The tranya are big and while not uncomfortable, they are noticeable in my ears. Anyways, I'm looking input on how comfortable the fiils are and any other recommendations for sub $50. I've looked at scarbir leaderboard and the bomaker sifi 1 looked to fit the bill but I think they've stopped making them for the sifi 2.
The fiils are some of my smallest buds. They are about as big as the Mpows, but not as "tall" in terms of sticking out of your ear. I don't have any of the same buds you list to compare, but the t1x fits fully inside my ear.

Jun 2, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #22,392 of 62,204
I'm disappointed. The ambient sound is clearer, but still devoid of any bass since the mid-April update, and it still does that annoying panning when exposed to a loud noise. If I'm washing my hands, playing the piano or have music playing off a speaker in the background, the volume fades in and out.

Also, there's no change to SBC output. Someone has told me that the Bluetooth quality sounds good through an Aorus Z390 so it's possible some chips are able to force a higher bitrate, but my ASUS Zenbook 15 with Intel chip and my Samsung Exynos Note 9 with a Murata chip both output low quality when using SBC.
That panning you experienced is compression to prevent the sound from clipping. I am using samsung galaxy s20+ and the "scaleable" SBC sounds good. If connected to my PC, the sound is kind of grainy.

Jun 2, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #22,393 of 62,204
That panning you experienced is compression to prevent the sound from clipping. I am using samsung galaxy s20+ and the "scaleable" SBC sounds good. If connected to my PC, the sound is kind of grainy.
No, the compression is another issue before the mid-April update. Basically the overall volume of the ambient feed decreases as louder sounds are heard and it doesn't restart unless you take out the buds and re-insert them. This isn't always noticeable but when I play the piano with the buds, I can barely hear my piano after about a minute (unless I set it to Extra High but it still decreases).

I have the Note 9 and AAC and Scalable both sound good. However, another user told me that on OnePlus phones AAC is limited to 160kbps.

The mid-April update introduced a wind-reduction algorithm in response to people complaining about wind noise. It works well for this purpose, but when you play loud sounds or certain streaming noises (like water running), it causes phasing issues and the feed pans left and right. They also seemed to have decreased the lower frequencies of the mic feed to reduce wind noise.

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #22,394 of 62,204
I read yesterday that Samsung bought AKG etc and now I find more reasonable that the quality is above what I expected from them. Thanks!

My opinion/knowledge are based on many reviews I read on most websites and few YouTube reviews. But in the end I think that this kind of forums are the best source to find detailed unbiased info. Being honest I enjoy some bass, but I prefer what you may call ‘audiophile’ profile.
I’m not trying to defend any brand or whatsoever, just want to buy decent earbuds

I tried to look for Nuarl N6 info and even though 僕は日本語学生です I don’t have enough Japanese level to understand most of what the reviews say. But the bit of info I found said they were quite good, but I’d like to know more about them.

Yeah, the GBuds+ are made by AKG and they sound great, the more I use them the more I like them. Because of the transparency mode, the true wireless buds that I use the most are (1) the MTW with my MacBook Pro 16" where I leave the MTW case plugged in all the time, and (2) my second pair of MTW or GBuds+ are used most with my iPhone and iPad.

The GBuds+ transparency or ambient mode is louder than the MTW, so they're a little more versatile at times; However, in louder environments the GBuds+ mics get overloaded or overwhelmed and do weird noises, so the MTW are better for those times. If I was in a loud performance, like when I went to a show at Disney Animal Kingdom last October, I would pick the MTW to block to too loud music; especially since the sound of the MTW microphones are more full-range and the GBuds+ are more voice oriented.

I like the Jabra 75t when EQ'd and their comfort, while they have a loud a transparency mode; but they amplify the white noise or hiss too. In that case, the only thing they have over the AirPods Pro is the fit and retention in my ears, while the APP transparency and extremely quiet ANC mode beat out the Jabra.

I have not been using my N6P due to no transparency mode and being less comfortable than my MTW, GBuds+ or Jabra 75t. The LA2 sound very good, but again with no transparency mode they don't get used much.

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #22,395 of 62,204
You'd probably have much better luck with the BT20 for high sensitivity IEM's like Westones. The gain and therefore the noise floor is significantly lower. Just no APT-X and 5-6 hour battery life vs 7-9+.
Blutarsky is using the BT20s that I gifted to him with with Westone ES3 customs, and has no issues with sensitivity. It's a warmer darker more veiled sound than the Westone BT V2 cable, so it's good that his ES3 are not dark sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back