Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 1, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #22,352 of 62,464
So, was at a friends last night, and listened to their pixelbuds2, and compared them with another friend's airpods Pro. IMO, they have a very similar sound. was a pretty limited comparison, but i'd say the mids and bass are mor forward on the pixelbuds, but tonally they sounded the same to me. The fit are great on both, i prefered the way the pixelbuds2 sat in my ear and i didn't expect that i'd prefer the fit, but the fin tucks in nicely and i don't feel it while wearing them. The case for the pixelbuds is really nice as well, and has a great weight to it. One of the nicest built cases i've seen for a TWE, but will it scratch easily like the M&D, or airpods cases? i don't know. With the discount i get on Google products i may actually pick a pair of these up at some point. but not until i had a current pair die on me or if i sold one etc. I don't think they're worth $180 though FWIW.

Jun 1, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #22,353 of 62,464
can you snap a picture of it on the ear? i kinda like the round form factor, like the pixel buds, but a bit hesitant on how it would actually look when worn :sweat_smile:
20200601_170159-01.jpeg

Pardon my quarantine hair... it lays flat though, so basically invisible when viewed from the front.

Jun 1, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #22,354 of 62,464
The GBuds+ sound quality is more audiophile sounding, and definitely not inferior, vs the Jabra or AirPods Pro.
I read yesterday that Samsung bought AKG etc and now I find more reasonable that the quality is above what I expected from them. Thanks!

from the consensus of members in this thread, it seems the opposite... well unless for people who enjoy overwhelming amount of bass
My opinion/knowledge are based on many reviews I read on most websites and few YouTube reviews. But in the end I think that this kind of forums are the best source to find detailed unbiased info. Being honest I enjoy some bass, but I prefer what you may call ‘audiophile’ profile.
I’m not trying to defend any brand or whatsoever, just want to buy decent earbuds

The Gbuds+ has more of a flat or neutral sound signature and not really inferior to the 75t imho. But then, it is only really shine when paired with samsung phone where it will use "scaleable" SBC codec which is superior to regular SBC imho.
For pure sound quality, get Nuarl N6 Pro. Can't go wrong with that one.
I tried to look for Nuarl N6 info and even though 僕は日本語学生です I don’t have enough Japanese level to understand most of what the reviews say. But the bit of info I found said they were quite good, but I’d like to know more about them.

Jun 1, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #22,355 of 62,464
I read yesterday that Samsung bought AKG etc and now I find more reasonable that the quality is above what I expected from them. Thanks!

My opinion/knowledge are based on many reviews I read on most websites and few YouTube reviews. But in the end I think that this kind of forums are the best source to find detailed unbiased info. Being honest I enjoy some bass, but I prefer what you may call ‘audiophile’ profile.
I’m not trying to defend any brand or whatsoever, just want to buy decent earbuds

I tried to look for Nuarl N6 info and even though 僕は日本語学生です I don’t have enough Japanese level to understand most of what the reviews say. But the bit of info I found said they were quite good, but I’d like to know more about them.
Most of the reviews you see online or on amazon, they are mostly focus on BASS. If the bass is loud, they say it is good. Here, we are a little bit more elaborate on that. We love bass, but we appreciate more on neutral/flat sound. Also, some of reviews on amazon etc, they don't know how to tip rolling meaning they don't get a good seal so the earbud will sound tinny.
The Nuarl N6 pro is not just quite good. It is hella damn good. It may not have all the other features like noise canceling, ambiance mode, auto play/pause, touch control, etc, but it is focused more on sound quality and battery life in which they have achieved marvelously imho.

Jun 1, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #22,356 of 62,464
TWS with self sterilizing case? Now this is something else.
6C209CA9-C3F4-4CA3-9AEE-7CA4A839436A.jpeg
btw it's Tronsmart Onyx Free
They claim the touch controls are improved with "Panasonic tactile switches". Also what's with the free samples? :D

Jun 1, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #22,357 of 62,464
love the sterilizing case! I picked up a UV lamp in the germicidal spectrum and made this to sterilize my wallet, phone, tws, etc.

IMG_20200316_204458.jpg

Jun 1, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #22,358 of 62,464
Good day
I don’t need anc or pass thru
only looking for excellent sound
I’m 62 and have slight hearing loss
I have the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro and really like the sound of them
I Also have the Fiil T1X (Which I like) but I like the L2P sound better
I listen to country music - new and old - and old rock from the 70’s
I won’t be using them for sports, etc - just sitting and listening
So is the Nuarl N6 Pro that better sounding than the L2P?
Is it worth it for me to buy them? Or just stick with my L2P
All comments appreciated
Thanks

Jun 1, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #22,359 of 62,464
Good day
I don’t need anc or pass thru
only looking for excellent sound
I’m 62 and have slight hearing loss
I have the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro and really like the sound of them
I Also have the Fiil T1X (Which I like) but I like the L2P sound better
I listen to country music - new and old - and old rock from the 70’s
I won’t be using them for sports, etc - just sitting and listening
So is the Nuarl N6 Pro that better sounding than the L2P?
Is it worth it for me to buy them? Or just stick with my L2P
All comments appreciated
Thanks
Imho, yes. I felt the l2p were very compressed/peaky at the midrange crossover, but the Nuarl's seem to excel at providing quality tonality that I believe will suit the range of country music vocals quite well. Personally, I like a bassier sound so I got the N6 non pro, and I believe you'd be happy with the non-pro as well.

Jun 1, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #22,360 of 62,464
Okay I wanted to pull the trigger on the Nuarl N6 pro but I don’t find any place to buy them under 220-230€ after shipping lol
I’m based in Spain so I need international shipping available. Amazon pre paid customs plus shipping are way too much.
Could you please tell me where to purchase them? Send me a pm if posting links to shops isn’t allowed.

Thanks!

Jun 1, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #22,361 of 62,464
I've had a Lypertek Tevi since March and still like them a lot. I switched phones recently and for whatever reason they sound better with a Pixel 3a than they do with a OnePlus 7T. It's definitely a noticeable difference. Only real difference is that on the 7T they were connected using "true Wireless stereo plus" but the 3a doesn't support that, and just connects to the Tevi using regular aptx. On the 3a everything just sounds more clear. They were also a bit buggy on the 7T, but IDK why. Only thing I wish for would be the option for an ambient mode or audio passthrough or whatever you want to call it. I've been using Comply tips on these and enjoy them a lot.

Jun 1, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #22,362 of 62,464
I've had a Lypertek Tevi since March and still like them a lot. I switched phones recently and for whatever reason they sound better with a Pixel 3a than they do with a OnePlus 7T. It's definitely a noticeable difference. Only real difference is that on the 7T they were connected using "true Wireless stereo plus" but the 3a doesn't support that, and just connects to the Tevi using regular aptx. On the 3a everything just sounds more clear. They were also a bit buggy on the 7T, but IDK why. Only thing I wish for would be the option for an ambient mode or audio passthrough or whatever you want to call it. I've been using Comply tips on these and enjoy them a lot.
The Qualcom 670 chip in the 3A doesn't support TWS plus. At least they're working better for you though. You could always leave the one currently paired in the case and pair the other to the phone, that way they work together when they're supposed to and you can use them in mono when you need to as well.

Jun 1, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #22,363 of 62,464
The Qualcom 670 chip in the 3A doesn't support TWS plus. At least they're working better for you though. You could always leave the one currently paired in the case and pair the other to the phone, that way they work together when they're supposed to and you can use them in mono when you need to as well.

I'm aware that the 670 doesn't support it. If anything, I would have expected the Tevi to sound better with a phone that supports tws+ though. It's kind of strange to me that they sound noticeably better on the 3a. I thought tws+ was supposed to be the superior codec. On the 7T they almost sounded a bit bloated in the bass, with the 3a they definitely don't sound bass heavy. I use no EQ with them on either phone, and have been using the same tips and same music app. My ES100 seems to sound the same on both phones. My car stereo seems to sound the same with both as well. ES100 uses LDAC, car is just SBC.

As for the phone itself, I prefer using the little $279 "mid-range" 3a over the giant $599 "flagship" 7T. The 3a just does everything right for such a low price and for what I do with a phone I don't need 8GB of RAM and a Snapdragon 855+.

My last few phones were a Galaxy S9+, then a 1+ 6T, then a Pixel 3a, then a 1+ 7T, now another Pixel 3a.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #22,364 of 62,464
I'm aware that the 670 doesn't support it. If anything, I would have expected the Tevi to sound better with a phone that supports tws+ though. It's kind of strange to me that they sound noticeably better on the 3a. I thought tws+ was supposed to be the superior codec. On the 7T they almost sounded a bit bloated in the bass, with the 3a they definitely don't sound bass heavy. I use no EQ with them on either phone, and have been using the same tips and same music app. My ES100 seems to sound the same on both phones. My car stereo seems to sound the same with both as well. ES100 uses LDAC, car is just SBC.

As for the phone itself, I prefer using the little $279 "mid-range" 3a over the giant $599 "flagship" 7T. The 3a just does everything right for such a low price and for what I do with a phone I don't need 8GB of RAM and a Snapdragon 855+.

My last few phones were a Galaxy S9+, then a 1+ 6T, then a Pixel 3a, then a 1+ 7T, now another Pixel 3a.
Totally agree on the phone. i payed less than $500 for my V40 and wouldnlt have payed mor than $500 for it. Super happy with it. But if i needed a phone right now, the 3a would be on my shortlist.I thought that twsplus was just an add on if you will. didnlt think it was a codec. But what you shared proves the point that it's all about how a codec is implemented in a device.

Jun 1, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #22,365 of 62,464
Totally agree on the phone. i payed less than $500 for my V40 and wouldnlt have payed mor than $500 for it. Super happy with it. But if i needed a phone right now, the 3a would be on my shortlist.I thought that twsplus was just an add on if you will. didnlt think it was a codec. But what you shared proves the point that it's all about how a codec is implemented in a device.

Maybe it's not really considered a "codec", idk. It's probably just a more advanced form of aptx. It was super stable and never dropped out on the 7T, but it was buggy to pair the Tevi to that phone, and there was an issue where the volume would be stuck at max every time you connected them to the phone and you actually had to switch audio outputs, then switch back to be able to control the volume. Also if you tried changing the volume with the buttons on the buds themselves it would only change the volume on one of the two buds, so the whole combination of the Tevi and the 7T was very buggy.

I replaced the Galaxy Buds with the Tevi because they did sound better to me, but they sound even better on the 3a and have no weird bugs or issues. With the 3a you just put the Tevi's in your ears, press play and they play at the same volume as the last time you had them connected and enjoy. No weird bugs.

So idk if TWS+ is just buggy, or if the TWS+ implementation on the 7T is just bad, or if it was the Tevi's fault, but it wasn't a good pairing. Even the high end Pixel phones like the Pixel 4 don't support TWS+ even though they have the right Qualcomm chip for it, so maybe Google just knows that it's buggy and left support out.

On the topic of the 3a. It supports LDAC and with the Sony music center app installed you can force the 990kbps option. The 3a has a headphone jack, although it's nothing special at all like the LG's it still has one unlike most phones now days. It also supports USB-OTG and works with DAC's and DAC dongles like the Meizu pro, so there is nothing stopping the 3a from being an audiophile device, maybe except only being 64GB. I stream everything with Tidal though, so storage isn't an issue for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back