Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 6, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #19,696 of 63,214
I'm still having a fit issue for my ears. Depending on the tips, the bass crackles, but I think it's how they're sitting in my ears. I'm back to the stock tips and I don't hear an issue. The soundstage is good, better than the

In order of your asks: (i) a little wider than the Libratone. Deeper bass. Still listening... they definitely sound fuller. (ii) having a hard time with the seal/tips. But getting there. I always have a hard time with my right ear. The Libratone feel as if you have nothing in our ears, like the APP. (iii) Sadly, no Cleer app. Maybe they'll have one in the future? (iv) have not tested battery life yet. But even if they last 6 hours with ANC on, I'm happy. (v) Call quality was perfectly fine indoors. Have not done an outside call test yet. That said, I did walk outside and there were zero dropouts walking down the sidewalk or in crosswalks. I really wish the Cleer Ally Plus had a Qi charging. It does have USB-C. Will go on another outdoor trek soon!

IMG_1193.JPG
Thanks -- and I appreciate you ordering your responses to align with my asks! It's notable that the Cleer's have more bass, even if you're not yet getting a great seal. I have the Libratone set on the bass boosted setting in the app, which provides plenty of bass.

Feb 6, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #19,697 of 63,214
Going for the Muzili EA10. Similar dual driver design to the SoundPeats TrueEngine SE but has Type C and was only 40$ on lightning sale today.

1581036433727.png

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #19,698 of 63,214
Radius has a TWS in a nice green. Might it sound good?? 32 ohm is one good sign...
1581034160320.png

1581034239641.png

1581034215291.png

1581034267341.png

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #19,699 of 63,214
Radius has a TWS in a nice green. Might it sound good?? 32 ohm is one good sign...
1581034160320.png
1581034239641.png
1581034215291.png
1581034267341.png

sounds quite promising with DD+BA, I wonder how their new tips for tws since they are not using their signature deep mount eartips for this one

Feb 6, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #19,700 of 63,214
I'm still having a fit issue for my ears. Depending on the tips, the bass crackles, but I think it's how they're sitting in my ears. I'm back to the stock tips and I don't hear an issue. The soundstage is good, better than the

In order of your asks: (i) a little wider than the Libratone. Deeper bass. Still listening... they definitely sound fuller. (ii) having a hard time with the seal/tips. But getting there. I always have a hard time with my right ear. The Libratone feel as if you have nothing in our ears, like the APP. (iii) Sadly, no Cleer app. Maybe they'll have one in the future? (iv) have not tested battery life yet. But even if they last 6 hours with ANC on, I'm happy. (v) Call quality was perfectly fine indoors. Have not done an outside call test yet. That said, I did walk outside and there were zero dropouts walking down the sidewalk or in crosswalks. I really wish the Cleer Ally Plus had a Qi charging. It does have USB-C. Will go on another outdoor trek soon!

Do the controls have track skip? The manual mentions play/pause, volume, ANC, Ambient, ANC/Ambient Off, but I didn't see any track controls. :scream:

Feb 6, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #19,701 of 63,214
Thanks -- and I appreciate you ordering your responses to align with my asks! It's notable that the Cleer's have more bass, even if you're not yet getting a great seal. I have the Libratone set on the bass boosted setting in the app, which provides plenty of bass.

With the libratones and the cp100z tips the bass is fairly lifted even on the default eq setting for me. So much so I'd consider eqing to the treble boost ! What tips are you using ?

Feb 6, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #19,702 of 63,214
With the libratones and the cp100z tips the bass is fairly lifted even on the default eq setting for me. So much so I'd consider eqing to the treble boost ! What tips are you using ?
I've actually (and atypically) been using the default tips that came with the earphones, in size large. I think I have some cp100z tips around and if I can find them, I'll see how they impact the bass. EDIT: Tried the cp100z tips and, for me, they don't isolate to the extent the default tips do. I guess I just like more bass :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2020 at 12:51 AM Post #19,703 of 63,214
Do the controls have track skip? The manual mentions play/pause, volume, ANC, Ambient, ANC/Ambient Off, but I didn't see any track controls. :scream:
Sadly, no track controls.

Feb 7, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #19,707 of 63,214
Where did you get them from? They only have White on their website right now.
I may have to try them again. Sounds like I may have received a bad pair in more ways than one.
That's actually quite strange, and a dealbreaker.
But it's as all products nowadays... it's always something missing, not working or not optimal. It's obviously impossible to make a 100% product.

Yeah, what's so difficult about making an ipx8 twe with godly anc, a fully customizable controls in app, Andromeda level sound quality, support for ldac and aptx hd, with a USB c charger.

I guess we aren't quite there yet, looking at all the compromises the current sets have the Sony ones look really good. I really am debating on getting them over the Nuarl n6 upgrade for commutes, but my ER4XRs might get lonely :frowning2:

Feb 7, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #19,708 of 63,214
Yeah, what's so difficult about making an ipx8 twe with godly anc, a fully customizable controls in app, Andromeda level sound quality, support for ldac and aptx hd, with a USB c charger.

I guess we aren't quite there yet, looking at all the compromises the current sets have the Sony ones look really good. I really am debating on getting them over the Nuarl n6 upgrade for commutes, but my ER4XRs might get lonely :frowning2:
You forgot “so comfortable you forget you‘re wearing them, 10 hour battery life, transparency mode, easy device switching, and flawless outgoing call quality.” Is that too much to ask for? :wink:

Feb 7, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #19,710 of 63,214
Question for MW07 Plus owners - does the ANC do a decent job at minimizing or eliminating noises around you so that the other person/people on a call don't hear it?
U got mixed up between ANC and CVC. ANC is what you and only you will hear. While CVC is the noise reduction from your surrounding for your phone call so it is the person on the other line will experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back