Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 26, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #19,247 of 62,747
FWIW, the Echo Buds are on sale for $90 USD right now.

Also, I believe the Tranya T3 are on a lightening deal on amazon for $30 (from $50). I think there should be a couple hours left.

Jan 26, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #19,248 of 62,747
FWIW, I have listed my Jabra 65t, Back Bay Duet 50 and Nillkin Go on the F.S. forum.

Jan 26, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #19,252 of 62,747
I few cases I had to do ‘forget’ because the buds would simply reconnect to the first source. But YMMV :wink: the funz of BT

the Sifi are the intrusive elephants that rememberingly over-connect and take over my car connection that I have to force to forget

Jan 26, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #19,254 of 62,747
FWIW, the Echo Buds are on sale for $90 USD right now.
Yeah just saw that. I just missed the best buy price match window. :frowning2:

I decided not to return them because they're worth msrp of $129, but not after lots of deliberation. The recent firmware update sealed the deal for me.

But, at $89 these are a great buy! I'll detail more when I get home. (was checking this thread while waiting in Costco line)

Jan 26, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #19,255 of 62,747
@Sam L I had been debating getting them since I wanted to save up for the top tier TWS to come but couldn't pass them up at this price. I had tested my nephew's set and was pretty impressed by them.

EDIT: interested in your feedback, especially about the FW update.

Jan 26, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #19,257 of 62,747
Just spent a bit of time mucking around with ViPer4Android and I have to say that I remain ridiculously impressed with the Syllable S101 earbuds.

I'm a big fan of Apt-x and with a bit of EQ, Viper DDC, Viper Bass....these things are incredible. I think a big part of this is that the tips fit my ear canals near perfectly. It sounds like the music is coming from inside my brain.

APT-X and dual-drivers ftw.

Jan 26, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #19,258 of 62,747
Haha well...after I stretched them a little I gave up on the idea.
Can someone tell this dummy what they’re for?

Like other wing-y extensions as seen on others, they are supposed to help you tug them into the ear a bit nicer, more stable.
But I am with @clerkpalmer on this, I found them to be too small for my ears to reach that back curve cavity to give any kind of hold.

The Bose SoundSport Free on the other hand do a kick ass job at providing extra stability thanks to wings.

Here's a random example from google on where those 'wings' are supposed to go

earwing.jpg

Jan 26, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #19,260 of 62,747
It dies on one side quickly as the 4.2 BT device doesn't connect to both buds simultaneously.

Sounds like your neo get better battery life than my spunky beats did (averaged around 3hr +/-20 min).
It drains fast with AptX on Bluetooth 5.0 as well, if your device doesn't use Qualcomm TWS+. Even just leaving them on my desk drains a lot. I haven't had this much drain with the Sabbat E12 Ultra which uses the same chipset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back