Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 26, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #19,216 of 62,109
How does the latency in game mode compare?

My number one use case is for gaming.
Gaming mode (3 tap) has only KZ S1. But you can watch some gaming test of GT1 plus with PUBG here

updated: ST1D don't have gaming mode

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #19,217 of 62,109
How does the latency in game mode compare?

My number one use case is for gaming.

if that your priority, you are all set with T5, GT1 plus in normal mode have low latency but compared to T5 gaming mode, t5 gaming mode still better in latency. But for watching movies, Gt1 plus is enough

Jan 26, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #19,218 of 62,109
Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #19,219 of 62,109
Im surprised no one mentions the qcy t5's in this price segment. Low latency, more than decent sound quality. Tradeoff is you don't get water proof, usb c. Not suitable for bassheads. Superb for gaming, connection and sound wise as well. Battery life is ok. All for an insanely low price, its even on sale right now for lesser than usual.

Edit: It is sweat resistant.
,At bartig shared a pretty good review of the QCY T5, i've never tried them but if i didn't already have 4 solid options in that price range, i'd posibly consider them, i did like the QCY T1C i owned.

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #19,220 of 62,109
,At bartig shared a pretty good review of the QCY T5, i've never tried them but if i didn't already have 4 solid options in that price range, i'd posibly consider them, i did like the QCY T1C i owned.
Yes, the qcy t5 seem to be the perfect choice if gaming latency is top on the list. But for music/movies as dynamic ears had suggested, the haylou gt1 plus beat them.

Since i have the qcy t5 i cant give a comparison myself. I can only say that the experience with the t5 so far has been positive.

What are the 4 solid options you suggest?

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #19,221 of 62,109
and i was surprised the new Haylou GT1 PLUS dont have many love here, i read about T5 sometimes and crin also give good impressions, but the the GT1 plus is much better than T5, same balance signature very smooth, with better sub bass, not as peaky as T5 high mids (3khz) and T5 sounded thin in mids compared to GT1 plus, not to mention the Plus have better soundstage, imaging and details, and APTX. everything i got for $25 crazy.
Look promising, but no volume control?

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #19,222 of 62,109
Gaming mode (3 tap) has only KZ S1. But you can watch some gaming test of GT1 plus with PUBG here

updated: ST1D don't have gaming mode

I bought the t5 after seeing kenneth tanakas video on them. His test was a little more scientific (with measurements). He did review the gt1 plus talking about the good sound, but did not give the latency test for them.(yet...?)

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #19,223 of 62,109

They are both highly rated on https://www.scarbir.com (which is our pal @Bartig 's website, so far I found his reviews to be spot on) ... I don't know the QCY T5, did not feel like trying another stem based TWS.
The T1C is a very good all-rounder, but rather clunky (in size) compared to the Spunky Beats and overall a bit generic / boring

Jan 26, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #19,224 of 62,109
They are both highly rated on https://www.scarbir.com (which is our pal @Bartig 's website, so far I found his reviews to be spot on) ... I don't know the QCY T5, did not feel like trying another stem based TWS.
The T1C is a very good all-rounder, but rather clunky (in size) compared to the Spunky Beats and overall a bit generic / boring

Just as a reminder, be aware that two versions of the T1C/QS1 are floating in the market, where the old one has the sound and performance that everyone seems to like and the new version has a rattling driver on the lower bass regions. On the other side the new version has Master-Master configuration, meaning that you don’t need to use the right side first.

It’s not so noticeable while listening to music but if you check them properly with frequency sweeps will hear difference.

image.jpg

The brown box is the old version and the white version is the new.

Jan 26, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #19,226 of 62,109
Yes, the qcy t5 seem to be the perfect choice if gaming latency is top on the list. But for music/movies as dynamic ears had suggested, the haylou gt1 plus beat them.

Since i have the qcy t5 i cant give a comparison myself. I can only say that the experience with the t5 so far has been positive.

What are the 4 solid options you suggest?
This is with sound quality as top priority, that was the case for me, not necessarily everyone of course. But 1 of them is the anbes 359, which like the QCY does appear in similar form factors online like the SSK BT03. But unfortunately that pair i haven't seen available for months. the others are the tronsmart spunky beat, Bomaker SiFi and Fiil T1x, with an honorable mention going to the Tranya B530 pro. Just reviewed those but going to gift them most likely. All 3 of them are great all arounders, but the fiil T1x seem to be the hardest of the 3 to get world wide, but they do seem to have lots of qc issues. e.g. driver flex, 1 person has some sort of ""rf"" interference"" was the term they used, the spunky beats isolate well due to their small size, and they have a great but midforward sound, doesn't bother me really, the bass does get a bit loose at times and higher volumes but not excessive bass imo, the sifi are a solid choice, but of these 3 they probably have the least amount of detail. but we're talking neck and neck. When taking comfort in to account, my 2 favorites over all not in any order are the spunky beats and bomaker sifis.

Jan 26, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #19,227 of 62,109

No volume control, like almost any other tws on their price segment. No big deal though. For me sound quality above anything else

Jan 26, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #19,229 of 62,109
No, and no type C!
I still can't find a decent replacement for the onyx neo that unfortunately only doesn't understand my player. Everything is either big, expensive, or doesn't have all the features I want, maybe really too soon for me :).

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #19,230 of 62,109
I've just posted a (very late) review of the remarkable Lypertek Tevi's.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/lypertek-tevi.23980/reviews

I love these headphones.
I love(d) them too, especially with a little fuller sound and more bass after the update.

BUT, after the update, I reset them for deleting paired devices and then I ruined the blueotooth connection. I just get "power on" on the left, and "ding dong dong" on the right (in loop) when taking them out together.
If I take out the left first and let it connect, it works but the app won't connect (iOS 13). There's also lower volume on left. If I (one rare time) get into the app and use a preset setting, the volume levels out.
Either/or, I cannot use them anymore.

I've contacted Lypertek several times, begging for an updated beta firmware, but they are on holiday and won't help me before 3rd of Feb they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back