Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 25, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #19,186 of 62,751
So I need to choose this weekend which NUARL i'm sending back and after splitting the day between the two yesterday, I was just thinking this morning again how much more I like the Nuarl N6, than the pro. I know I'm in the minority, but it just seems silly to me to keep the Pro, when the N6 It really is 90+% identical in detail by default and while I didn't find the Pro to respond well to Eq ing in Spotify, the N6 sounds fantastic when boosting the highs a touch and lowering the mid bass a little. The sub bass from the N6 is also seems better and while I don't have any tools to measure the Freq. response it's my opinion the N6 actually has better low end sub bass extension when I eq'd both relatively. How's the saying go? I've never heard anyone say I need a smaller subwoofer, because I can just turn it down?" :wink: If any of you have both could you try eq ing both of them and let me know your findings, I would be very grateful. I'll love bass but I also love crips detail highs and fat clean midrange. I only use streaming music, so my EQ options are limited. Going to buy that spotifyeq app someone mentioned a couple pages back.

Totally hear what you’re saying. I like the regular N6 a lot, but think that they do kind of similar things as the L2Ps with a bit better tonality, but I was able to get the L2Ps for much cheaper so I’m just gonna stick with them. For the N6 Pros, definitely try them using the SpotEQ App if you have an iPhone. It’s a complete game changer. I’ve been able to make the N6 Pros sound much warmer and it’s possible to make them sound legitimately bassy while remaining super detailed. The app itself is pretty intuitive too, nothing special but it gets the job done and works with your Spotify so you can search for artists and stream music through it. I agree that the normal Spotify EQ is pretty garbage.

Jan 25, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #19,187 of 62,751
I just read in the Amazon description that volume control is iOS only. Weird. I’d email Libratone and ask why.
I suspected that might be the case, however volume control via my phone is not a major issue with me considering the SQ, ANC and hear-through features incorporated into one tiny device. They remain at the top of my favorite list.

Jan 25, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #19,188 of 62,751
I'd give the N6 a good 40 hours of burn in, that's what i'm doing. 35-50% volume. I'm using the jlab audio burn-in that @assassin10000 so graciously sent me. It's only 10 min. but I I put it in itunes on repeat.

Is the main difference between N6 and Pro that N6 Pro is more balanced and non pro more bass?

Jan 25, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #19,189 of 62,751
The T1X get better with every listen, particularly the bass. Listening to Sully Erna’s Avalon is amazing and I can’t recommend them enough for around $40. They aren’t as forward or in your face as the LP2 but the fit is worlds better and they’re half the cost. I do recommend the Auvio tips...they seem to work better for me than the Spinfits.

Jan 25, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #19,190 of 62,751
Is the main difference between N6 and Pro that N6 Pro is more balanced and non pro more bass?

For the most part yeah. Pros have a bit better detail retrieval, refinement, and imaging, whereas regular N6 are warmer, still pretty detailed but more closed in and have more bass. Also the finish on the outside housing of the Pros have like a soft touch material whereas the N6s are glossy plastic.

Jan 25, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #19,191 of 62,751
Define "connect" and "simultaneously." Being connected to multiple devices simultaneously would have many inputs in one output device creating cacophony. My TWS devices can all pair to multiple devices simultaneously, but can only connect to one at a time. And generally, they stay connected to the last one connected and don't let go until you manually tell it to disconnect. At that point, I'm then able to connect to a different device. I suppose that makes sense, but is inconvenient when I want to listen to the Dudeos Zeus on device 1 and they were last connected to device 2.

Sorry, I think I mean pair. Here’s an example though. When I turn on my Bose QuietComfort 30 (or my Bose Mini II Soundlink) it’ll say something like “Battery 90%; Connected to Caleb’s iPhone and Caleb’s MacBook”. (If i don’t want either of those, there is a button on the headphones for sorting through devices until I find the one I want. But the nice thing is that I can just press the button until I find the device I want, and I don’t have to do anything on the device provided that it’s been previously paired, Bluetooth is on, and it’s in range.) It’ll never say its “connected” more than two devices at a time. This doesn’t mean that I can play stuff from my MacBook and my iPhone literally at the same time — I wouldn’t want that — but I don’t really have to manually do anything to the headphones to choose which source I’ll use. I just start playing something on one of those two sources and it’ll pick up on it. I’m hoping if I get TWS iems it’ll be similarly easy to go between a smart watch and my iPhone.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #19,192 of 62,751
Sorry, I think I mean pair. Here’s an example though. When I turn on my Bose QuietComfort 30 (or my Bose Mini II Soundlink) it’ll say something like “Battery 90%; Connected to Caleb’s iPhone and Caleb’s MacBook”. (If i don’t want either of those, there is a button on the headphones for sorting through devices until I find the one I want. But the nice thing is that I can just press the button until I find the device I want, and I don’t have to do anything on the device provided that it’s been previously paired, Bluetooth is on, and it’s in range.) It’ll never say its “connected” more than two devices at a time. This doesn’t mean that I can play stuff from my MacBook and my iPhone literally at the same time — I wouldn’t want that — but I don’t really have to manually do anything to the headphones to choose which source I’ll use. I just start playing something on one of those two sources and it’ll pick up on it. I’m hoping if I get TWS iems it’ll be similarly easy to go between a smart watch and my iPhone.

One of TWS' annoyances is that I have to manually disconnect one device if I want to connect the TWS to another. I've got TWS phones paired to about 3 or 4 sources, so when it doesn't connect to one, I have to hunt down the other three and find the one it's connected to and disconnect it. I'll be happy to learn that there's an easier way.

Jan 25, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #19,193 of 62,751

TWS that i know have 2 device connection at the same time are the Jabra 65t and 75t. i didn't know any other that I'm aware of

Jan 25, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #19,194 of 62,751
One of TWS' annoyances is that I have to manually disconnect one device if I want to connect the TWS to another. I've got TWS phones paired to about 3 or 4 sources, so when it doesn't connect to one, I have to hunt down the other three and find the one it's connected to and disconnect it. I'll be happy to learn that there's an easier way.

I have two t1x, one connects to my phone and the other one connect to my desktop pc. No more changing source.

Jan 25, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #19,195 of 62,751
I have two t1x, one connects to my phone and the other one connect to my desktop pc. No more changing source.

That's cheating, but definitely a solution: BUY TWO! :)

Jan 25, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #19,196 of 62,751
TWS that i know have 2 device connection at the same time are the Jabra 65t and 75t. i didn't know any other that I'm aware of

does it matter whether it is the active or elite? (I need to be able to use them for workouts)

Jan 25, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #19,197 of 62,751
I leveraged the https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php site to do a little more structured analysis of the TWS and IEMs that I have. I'll update when I get to test the TWSs with different tips, as I think it will make a big difference. That said, one thing I noticed without question is that the wired IEMs were much louder than the TWS. I still feel as though the TWSs I have get plenty loud for me, frankly I have less chance of harming my hearing. Another obvious point to make, these are my tests with my ears, so I'm sure YMMV...

Earbud%20Analysis%201.jpg

9708d64a-0177-4150-af86-51c9020e4ae9

I received the misodiko foam tips today. They made an impressive improvement in both the Mifo o7 and the FiiL 1Tx. As you would expect, I think this is largely due to the isolation created by the foam tips, they certainly do improve things! However, while the bass was enhanced in the Mifo o7, I would say that it is still not bass-ie enough for a bass head. They remain squarely in that studio monitor range that I personally prefer, so that makes me happy.

Earbud%20Analysis%202.jpg

Three additional points to make.
1) I borrowed my wife's Air Pods and while they had decent clinical scoring, they remain flat and boring to listen to.
2) I now believe that the clicking I heard in the left ear with the silicone Bass Shaker test for the 1Tx and what I thought was the silicone tips causing issues, is in fact driver flex in the left driver. I'll be sending them back momentarily.
3) I really like the Misodiko tips. They feel great, and are pretty low profile. That said, when on the 1Tx won't fit in it's case. And, on the Mifo o7 only the smallest foam tips will fit in the case. While I think I prefer the feel of the Medium sized tips, I'll probably use the small just for the convenience of being able to throw them in the case without having to take the tips off...!

I'll be interested to hear more comparisons of the Mifo o7 and other TWS as people try them out. And if Mifo is listening, any chance you'll throw an app on the marketplace to allow us to EQ the TWS? While I think the quality control issues are a real thing with the 1Tx, they do sound very good and the EQ options do make it a nice choice. :)

Jan 25, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #19,198 of 62,751
does it matter whether it is the active or elite? (I need to be able to use them for workouts)

the difference is the slightly higher ipx rating and grippy texture on the active version

Jan 25, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #19,199 of 62,751
The original MW07 can connect to 2 devices at the same time. I receive most of my calls on my iPhone and prefer to stream aptX over my Galaxy s8.

Jan 25, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #19,200 of 62,751
Hi

Sorry for my english.

I want to buy my first TWS headphones.

I have looked at many reviews and among the affordable models (budget) I need some advice to choose between these two models (both cost me approximately the same about € 21)

Which one do you advise between this two and why?

_ KZ S1 TWS True Wireless Bluetooth 5.0

or

_Tronsmart Spunky Beat Bluetooth TWS Earphone APTX Wireless

thanks
No apology for english needed my friend. i haven't heard the KZ, any of them actually, but i can reccomend the Tronsmart Spunky beat, just be aware that touch controls are rediculously sensitive, but they are super small and sound great. For that price it's hard to go wrong imo.

Im surprised no one mentions the qcy t5's in this price segment. Low latency, more than decent sound quality. Tradeoff is you don't get water proof, usb c. Not suitable for bassheads. Superb for gaming, connection and sound wise as well. Battery life is ok. All for an insanely low price, its even on sale right now for lesser than usual.

Edit: It is sweat resistant.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back