Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 25, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #19,171 of 62,573
I know the BGVP Q2 aren't available yet but it does look like a few people have auditioned them. Any more input on them? They are very intriguing to me.
Currently on vacation and taking a break from testing them intensively, but they do have an impressive bright and detailed sound. Sub-bass is good, mid-bass and lower-mids don’t have the biggest presence.

Jan 25, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #19,172 of 62,573
My case for my Senns broke today. The case is fairly flimsy and was a matter of time before it broke. It still works the same just that the lid and base are now able to detach. The case looks brand new still, I think it's been in my pocket less than. 5 times.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Jan 25, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #19,173 of 62,573
seems your measurements have some imbalance but not as dramatic as what I hear on my unit. Does your case have a blue light when the buds are put in or removed? Mine has no light whatsoever except when charging the case.

Some reviewers are saying there's no difference compared to Spunky Beat while others say the Neo are less bassy..
I noticed imbalance only when measuring them, when listening with eartips it is not recognizable. The LED on mine also indicates just charging the case itself, I don't need any more. But if I wanted to see the earbuds charging status without opening the case, I would have to make 2 small holes on the lid next to the logo :)
Reviewers I believe say there is a difference in sound versus spunky beats, but maybe this is relevant only to the first version, the new version of spunky no longer blinks while playing, and maybe now already using the same driver as onyx neo, but who knows.
Anyway, if the onyx have less bass, I wouldn't want spunky. Even though it doesn't look like on the FR chart, because they go deep into the ear canal and don't have a front vent, they massage my eardrum more than enough!

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #19,174 of 62,573
Recieved my Onyx Neo a few days ago, good design, very comfortable, surprisingly good sound, but absolutly stupid SW! Works normaly only with PC or phone, with other devices (some players or TV's) which not have headset (calling) profile switches off after 4 minutes! Sadly, because I bought them mainly for my Shanling M0 :frowning2: I don't know if this is normal, but when I connect one earpiece to BT 4.x source, then this side discharges faster and will turn off after 3 hours due to low battery. However, the other side still has 60%, so if I reconnect them after aprox 2-2,5 hours (at 40%) to the other earpiece they will play together for more than 4.5 hours, which is incredible at such a size and moreover, charging in case is really very fast. Stock eartips are useless, but with many other standard tips (smaller than I normally use) they go deeper and hold better and more secure in my ears. Fortunately, there is enough space in the charging case and can be loaded without problem. Onyx Neo is no longer blinking while listening and will not bother you in the dark. Sensor sensitivity and response are too bad, but over time one gets used to it. I definitely do not miss the mechanical buttons and even if the control scheme is not ideal for me, it's better than it was on Spunky Beat.
I was a little skeptical about the sound from 6 mm DD, but it is quite well balanced. Although a bit simplified and without extra detail, but listening with non stock eartips is nice and nowhere does not matter much. Yes, sub bass is missing completely, bass don't go too deep, but they has good speed, they are well textured and controlled, their amount is close to ideal for me. Mids are a bit recessed, the details are rather average, but the vocals sound pretty good. Considering what this TWS are for, I don't see a big problem there. I would commend Tronsmart for the high frequencies, the resolution is not as good as from the BA, but it sounds natural, without metalic aftertaste. Overall, the sound really went well, it is not perfect, but considering the price I have nothing to reproach. It reminds me the Sony MH755 without sub bass and foam filters inside, maybe Onyx Neo are little bit brighter than someone likes, but it suits me so much. They might have been ideal for traveling if they weren't that stupid shutdown problem when connected to some DAP's.

It dies on one side quickly as the 4.2 BT device doesn't connect to both buds simultaneously.

Sounds like your neo get better battery life than my spunky beats did (averaged around 3hr +/-20 min).

Awesome thanks! I wonder how many hours I need to do that for the N6’s?

one more dumb question :) I bought some Jh Lola IEMs several months ago and I didn’t burn them in.

do you think there’d be any benefit to doing it now? I’ve listened to hundreds of hours of music on them already

thanks again

Jlab says 40hrs... I'll setup an iem/earbud on another device and just let them play for a week or so, which is about 100hrs lol.

Some people hear a change at 10-20 hours, some at 80 or 100-200 depending on what iem and when they check I guess.

If you're hundreds of hours in... you're already burned in using music. No point in using the burn in file now. The sweeps and noise mix just makes sure it hits a wide range of frequencies to limber up the driver materials potentially faster.

Jan 25, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #19,175 of 62,573
What do you mean, the description is a bit different? :)

The Edifier TWS6, while brilliant, does sound a bit colder than most TWS, including the Fiil T1X indeed - which is already quite natural on the unequalized setting. I haven’t done any white noise/ pink noise ‘burning in’, but have listened to them for quuuuite a lot of hours now. :)
They adjetives you use to describe the ssk and the Mpow don't mention cold/warm/dark. You called the T1x warm in it's comparison to the TWS6, but in my exp. the T1x is as cool as a cucumber compared to the MPOW M5.So I guess what i'm asking is in your definition of cold do you mean lacking low and mid bass? because while the T1x on bass eq has a good amount of low end, it's never what I would consider warm. Sorry if this is just semantics, just trying to understand. Would you also compare the Tevi pre beta firmware as cold as well?

Jan 25, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #19,176 of 62,573
I leveraged the https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php site to do a little more structured analysis of the TWS and IEMs that I have. I'll update when I get to test the TWSs with different tips, as I think it will make a big difference. That said, one thing I noticed without question is that the wired IEMs were much louder than the TWS. I still feel as though the TWSs I have get plenty loud for me, frankly I have less chance of harming my hearing. Another obvious point to make, these are my tests with my ears, so I'm sure YMMV...

Earbud%20Analysis%201.jpg

9708d64a-0177-4150-af86-51c9020e4ae9

Attachments

• Earbud Analysis 1.jpg
    Earbud Analysis 1.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #19,178 of 62,573
Sounds like your neo get better battery life than my spunky beats did (averaged around 3hr +/-20 min).
I think the battery life will be the same, I usually listen only at 50-60% volume.

Jan 25, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #19,179 of 62,573
Awesome thanks! I wonder how many hours I need to do that for the N6’s?

one more dumb question :) I bought some Jh Lola IEMs several months ago and I didn’t burn them in.

do you think there’d be any benefit to doing it now? I’ve listened to hundreds of hours of music on them already

thanks again
I'd give the N6 a good 40 hours of burn in, that's what i'm doing. 35-50% volume. I'm using the jlab audio burn-in that @assassin10000 so graciously sent me. It's only 10 min. but I I put it in itunes on repeat.

Jan 25, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #19,180 of 62,573
Hi

Sorry for my english.

I want to buy my first TWS headphones.

I have looked at many reviews and among the affordable models (budget) I need some advice to choose between these two models (both cost me approximately the same about € 21)

Which one do you advise between this two and why?

_ KZ S1 TWS True Wireless Bluetooth 5.0

or

_Tronsmart Spunky Beat Bluetooth TWS Earphone APTX Wireless

thanks
No apology for english needed my friend. i haven't heard the KZ, any of them actually, but i can reccomend the Tronsmart Spunky beat, just be aware that touch controls are rediculously sensitive, but they are super small and sound great. For that price it's hard to go wrong imo.

Jan 25, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #19,181 of 62,573
So I need to choose this weekend which NUARL i'm sending back and after splitting the day between the two yesterday, I was just thinking this morning again how much more I like the Nuarl N6, than the pro. I know I'm in the minority, but it just seems silly to me to keep the Pro, when the N6 It really is 90+% identical in detail by default and while I didn't find the Pro to respond well to Eq ing in Spotify, the N6 sounds fantastic when boosting the highs a touch and lowering the mid bass a little. The sub bass from the N6 is also seems better and while I don't have any tools to measure the Freq. response it's my opinion the N6 actually has better low end sub bass extension when I eq'd both relatively. How's the saying go? I've never heard anyone say I need a smaller subwoofer, because I can just turn it down?" :wink: If any of you have both could you try eq ing both of them and let me know your findings, I would be very grateful. I'll love bass but I also love crips detail highs and fat clean midrange. I only use streaming music, so my EQ options are limited. Going to buy that spotifyeq app someone mentioned a couple pages back.

Jan 25, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #19,182 of 62,573
My case for my Senns broke today. The case is fairly flimsy and was a matter of time before it broke. It still works the same just that the lid and base are now able to detach. The case looks brand new still, I think it's been in my pocket less than. 5 times.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Mine's been in my pocket a lot mor than 5 times, but yeah. Back in november, the case fell off an ottoman onto a nice soft carpet and broke. Speaking of highway robbery, sennheiser last time i checked wanted $107 for a new case.

Jan 25, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #19,184 of 62,573
They adjetives you use to describe the ssk and the Mpow don't mention cold/warm/dark. You called the T1x warm in it's comparison to the TWS6, but in my exp. the T1x is as cool as a cucumber compared to the MPOW M5.So I guess what i'm asking is in your definition of cold do you mean lacking low and mid bass? because while the T1x on bass eq has a good amount of low end, it's never what I would consider warm. Sorry if this is just semantics, just trying to understand. Would you also compare the Tevi pre beta firmware as cold as well?

M5 is way warmer than t1x. Not even close, to my ears.

Jan 25, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #19,185 of 62,573
Well something is very wrong with my left N6 pro. In addition to not turning on, it is extremely warm to the touch after being in the charging case. Feeling like a Samsung note 7 moment could be coming if I keep trying to charge them. Back to amazon they go!

Damn that’s weird. You could try hard resetting by holding down the middle button on the earbud for eight seconds until you hear 3 beeps and then press the button twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back