Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 2, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #16,501 of 62,436
So I hate the fit with the L2P. I cannot get over the shallow fit depth and have tried all the wings and no wings. Without the wings I can place them a little deeper but the little knob that holds the wing on digs into the inside of my ear, and I thought about just filing that
down :triportsad:

Is the mw07 any better or is that similar fit?

M&D is having a CM deal at 50% off of the original, (not Go or plus), for $124.50 and I was thinking of giving it a try.
I'd say the MW07 fits better than the L2p. It's still rather shallow, but not as shallow as the L2p at all. Thanks for the heads up, I just picked up another MW077 for $124.50 in Steel Blue, What a deal!

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #16,502 of 62,436
If you have issues with the L2P, I think you'll find yourself in a similar situation with the MW07 (also shallow).

Bummer...

I suppose it's a combination of the housing and wings holding it back from a deep placement?

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #16,503 of 62,436
I'd say the MW07 fits better than the L2p. It's still rather shallow, but not as shallow as the L2p at all. Thanks for the heads up, I just picked up another MW077 for $124.50 in Steel Blue, What a deal!

Another? :ksc75smile:

You're welcome. :beerchug:

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #16,504 of 62,436

Could Y'all remind me what the Plus & Go have over the original mw07 besides much longer battery life?

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #16,505 of 62,436
Could Y'all remind me what the Plus & Go have over the original mw07 besides much longer battery life?

From what I understand the Go has one mic and is rated at higher IPX 6, Plus is 5 with 2 beamforming mics. I think the Go and the Plus are both smaller than the original, but the plus is a little smaller of the two. The plus charges a little quicker. Neither have AAC support as of now.

upload_2019-12-2_14-55-38.png

upload_2019-12-2_14-55-44.png

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #16,506 of 62,436
And I thought I had a problem. I'm normal after all!

If you have the desire to run a test, I found the Tortoiseshell got better battery life than the Steel Blue or Matte Black. Interested to see if you notice a difference.

Dec 2, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #16,507 of 62,436
From what I understand the Go has one mic and is rated at higher IPX 6, Plus is 5 with 2 beamforming mics. I think the Go and the Plus are both smaller than the original, but the plus is a little smaller of the two. The plus charges a little quicker. Neither have AAC support as of now.
Also, and more importantly, MW07+ has ANC and transparency mode. Both Go and Plus have much, much better battery life and call quality.

Dec 2, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #16,508 of 62,436
If you have issues with the L2P, I think you'll find yourself in a similar situation with the MW07 (also shallow).
I dunno. People's ears are so different that I for the life of me can't understand how anybody can expect solid advise from somebody else on the fit and comfort of something that you stick in your own ears. At least take anything in this regard with a ton of salt. That being said here's my experience with L2P and original MW07. Initially, until I found SpinFits CP-100Z-L, I had trouble getting good and secure fit with MW07. With Spinfits and large wings they sit in the ear great and I yet have to hear TWS that sound better. In fact few wired IEMs below $200 are that good for my usage and music. On the other hand I already have L2P for a week and no combinations of tips (stock and other) and wings can make the suckers fit and isolate well. As a result they don't feel secure and sound shrill and tipsy towards highs. Again, your mileage and stuff...

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #16,510 of 62,436
And I thought I had a problem. I'm normal after all!

If you have the desire to run a test, I found the Tortoiseshell got better battery life than the Steel Blue or Matte Black. Interested to see if you notice a difference.
Really? that's interesting. I was actually going to return my tortoise shell to amazon and save me around $35, bucks, but i'll def. test them against each other. How many pairs of MW07's do you have?

Dec 2, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #16,511 of 62,436
So I broke down and got the Anker Liberty 3 Pros, aka the L2Ps, after that 40€ coupon finally appeared in Europe. I was a bit wary given the issues with hiss and fit, and the form factor that reminded me of the nightmare that were the WF-1000xM3s in terms of fit...but I love wings so...
Anyway still very early days but so far so good !
- The tips that were fitted didn't work too well or any of the "red" tips but the "black" L tips (they seem deeper and narrower and are called L+ apparently) give me a good seal and as I hoped the wings (medium) keep them in place pretty well
- As for isolation, it's weak, very weak and I was expecting this based on previous feedback. It's barely better than what I get with an earbud design like the X12...but that could be somewhat interesting for running as some quick walking around the house seems to indicate that the dreaded "thump" is quite moderate.
- I DO have some hiss (I got a FW update to 1.15 so it's the v2 apparently) and you can hear it cut out a few seconds after pausing a song. When the music isn't loud I can hear it during playback, that's not great
- The app is well designed and the hearing test is interesting. I'm not sure I totally get it because other than the lowest frequency in the right I always hear the "beeps".
- In terms of "EQ" settings I prefer the "HearID personnalized" one but "Soundcore Signature" is decent too. The other ones don't work so well, especially "Piano" the one that most people seem to like here. It's very "in your face" and makes for harsh and shrill mids and highs. "Acoustic" might be even worse. As has been posted by others here it's amazing how different we all are !
- So yes the SQ is very nice, great range, depth, width (reminds me of the Anbes 359 where it was almost too wide), crisp ! I did a side-by-side with the Echo Buds using two smartphones playing the same track and while the Echo Buds do a great job, they lack the depth and width of the L2Ps. That's probably what you get with a dual BA+DD vs BA only design.
TBC !

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #16,512 of 62,436
Also, and more importantly, MW07+ has ANC and transparency mode. Both Go and Plus have much, much better battery life and call quality.
Interesting. I feel like the MW07 has the best call quality of any TWS' I currently own. Other than it doesn't have CVC or environmental noise cancellation everyone comments on how incredible it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back