Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 2, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #16,516 of 62,589
Really? that's interesting. I was actually going to return my tortoise shell to amazon and save me around $35, bucks, but i'll def. test them against each other. How many pairs of MW07's do you have?
Currently, just the White Marble. I had the Matte Black (several pairs) and the Steel Blue (2 pairs), both of which seemed to get the dreaded low battery warning around a little over the 2 hour mark (40% volume).

The Tortoiseshell and White Marble both fair much better and I can get at least another 30 mins before the battery warning.

Dec 2, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #16,518 of 62,589
I dunno. People's ears are so different that I for the life of me can't understand how anybody can expect solid advise from somebody else on the fit and comfort of something that you stick in your own ears. At least take anything in this regard with a ton of salt. That being said here's my experience with L2P and original MW07. Initially, until I found SpinFits CP-100Z-L, I had trouble getting good and secure fit with MW07. With Spinfits and large wings they sit in the ear great and I yet have to hear TWS that sound better. In fact few wired IEMs below $200 are that good for my usage and music. On the other hand I already have L2P for a week and no combinations of tips (stock and other) and wings can make the suckers fit and isolate well. As a result they don't feel secure and sound shrill and tipsy towards highs. Again, your mileage and stuff...
In general, I agree with your sentiment, but for me, I'm simply coming from a position of caution to temper expectations. For example, I'm not a big fan of deep insertion TWS', so from the feedback here, I'm 90% sure the Noble Falcon are not going to work out for me. That being said, if I do want to try it out, at least I'm going into it with low expectations, as not to be incredibly disappointed if they don't work out. Nothing worse than getting excited over the arrival of your next set of TWS, only to be super disappointed.

It's like going to see KISS, only to find out you walked into an Air Supply "concert". "Ahhh...Fuuuhhh..."

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #16,520 of 62,589
Ok...brainstorming time.

My wife wants some wireless earbuds. I have my own criteria in what I'm looking for and know what to get me, but she is a bit different.

She doesn't like 'in-ear' earbuds like most of what is on the market. She prefers the styles that sit at the entrance to your ear.

I had her try the original version of the AirPod as a as a result, and she hated it. It was uncomfortable for her.

So then I had her try the Bose SoundSport Free. She loved how they sounded, but they are gigantic and in her words are 'ugly as Fu&k'. A fair complaint.

So, I then had her try the Galaxy Buds and the Jabra Elite 65t. I know they are both in-ear but they are also small which was important to her. They were both mildly uncomfortable but her main complaint was they sounded far inferior to the Bose.

So, finally i had her try the Plantronics Backbeat Pro 5100. Comfort was fine, size was fine, but again the didn't like the sound quality.

Now, I am at the point thinking maybe the Bose 500 earbuds are the way to go for her, but as far as I know there isn't a release date other than 'early 2020'. Do we have anything more definitive?

Have I missed any good options here? Are they are any small 'on-ear' earbuds that just sit at the entrance to the ear canal and have decent sound?

she might like the fit of the new AirPods Pro. They should let you try in store, if you live close to an Apple store.

Dec 2, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #16,521 of 62,589
Ok. I just downloaded the Fiil app. And wow! Very nice app and the bass setting is perfect. My new favorite TWS’. I’m using the stock tips too and It sounds excellent! You can even adjust the button sensitivity. Wow.

here are some screenshots of the app
9B7D1AE3-1F6C-4A09-933F-D53210E9B4F8.jpeg 39F61F99-E87B-4572-A7FD-67E012CC8D70.jpeg 50A7EE40-0165-4B27-928D-32A083894162.jpeg 4F120F8A-6B97-4A17-A8F9-425936EA36B8.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #16,522 of 62,589
she might like the fit of the new AirPods Pro. They should let you try in store, if you live close to an Apple store.
Definitely feeling the APP. Funny thing, according to rtings.com, frequency response consistency varies from person to person, which also seems to play into Apples "Active EQ" based on each person's fit. Once I get a good seal, they do remind me, somewhat, of the Bose SoundSport Free (again, somewhat). The wife may like the APP, even if they are not an Apple fan.

Dec 2, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #16,523 of 62,589
Ok. I just downloaded the Fiil app. And wow! Very nice app and the bass setting is perfect. My new favorite TWS’. I’m using the stock tips too and It sounds excellent! You can even adjust the button sensitivity. Wow.

compared to L2Ps?

Dec 2, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #16,524 of 62,589

I can't use the app for unknown reason. Is it called Fiil+ global edition from play store?

Dec 2, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #16,527 of 62,589
People with the APP, try to remove the mesh on the rubber sleeves using a needle and tell me if you like the sound better. The bass seems to be not trapped inside the buds anymore and results in lesser mid bass and a overall slightly clearer sound signature.
After some time with the APP with the white mesh removed from the rubber sleeves, I find the sound to be clearer, especially cymbals and hi hats, which used to be dark and subdued, is now more defined and present. The biggest change I observed is the sound stage is now more holographic and airy. With the mesh, the buds sounded pretty congested and music stayed was pretty much confined in each bud. Without the mesh, there was an instance where I thought I had turned on transparency mode but it was in fact music coming from the APP. Sound is able to punch through the single layer wire mesh now instead of being trapped behind 2 layers of mesh (the wire mesh on the buds and the white cloth mesh on the sleeves).

Downside might be poorer dirt and moisture resistance? I'm not sure if that's the purpose of the white mesh.

Dec 2, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #16,528 of 62,589
I dunno. People's ears are so different that I for the life of me can't understand how anybody can expect solid advise from somebody else on the fit and comfort of something that you stick in your own ears. At least take anything in this regard with a ton of salt. That being said here's my experience with L2P and original MW07. Initially, until I found SpinFits CP-100Z-L, I had trouble getting good and secure fit with MW07. With Spinfits and large wings they sit in the ear great and I yet have to hear TWS that sound better. In fact few wired IEMs below $200 are that good for my usage and music. On the other hand I already have L2P for a week and no combinations of tips (stock and other) and wings can make the suckers fit and isolate well. As a result they don't feel secure and sound shrill and tipsy towards highs. Again, your mileage and stuff...

I think context would definitely help. One wouldn't get much from someone saying oh the Noble Falcon's were amazing fit for me. For me personally, i have somewhat funny ears. Straight nozzles never work for me but angled fair much better. So the information that is or isn't given is always going to help.

Dec 2, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #16,529 of 62,589
compared to L2Ps?
A better comparison would be the bomaker, MW07, Tevi and the Anbes 359. They still have rolled off sub-bass. but with the bass eq on, I turn them up much louder without hurting my ears and the clarity is great!

The L2p.. well there's something about the refinement of the L2p that just tickles my ears and you can tell there's high quality drivers in it. but the BA/DD has a totally different sound, the L2p is thinner in the mids IMO. I still love it and my fav. setting is currently Sig. Sound, but loud so you can hear the highs and mids come through the bass. The T1x has a more narrow sound stage for sure. but the mids much thicker. I listen to a lot of metal and when things get gnarly the t1x doesn't have the separation anbes or the L2pro have (soundstage). I'm using the L2p medium tips, short throw on the L2p's and the longer throw on the Fiil's. I just tested them vs. my anbes 359's and I think the FIIL's may in fact sound better depending on the song and the tips. Feels like heresy :astonished::stuck_out_tongue:

With the L2p tips they are tighter than the 359's, the highs are crisper and the bass is low, clean, punchy and controlled. However when I switch to my JVC spiral dots, the 359's sound better, you can really hear that sound stage spread out and I don't think the spiral dots complement the already well tuned highs in the T1x. Post rock/Alternative where there is less chaos, it's the exact opposite, but switching the T1x to the Spiral Dots, sounded excellent. All I know is this is a ridiculously good TWS for $40. Someone with the Tevi and the Bomaker needs to do an A/B test. If the Fiil has the sound stage the 359's did, the would be a clear winner imo, depending on the song. the 359's mids are a bit more bumped can tell if it's the mid/mids or high/mids etcThe T1x has better highs and the fact there's a cool app with a ton of customization's really makes this one of the best out there right now in the price range. On another note, What M&D no app? Another quick impression of the T1x. with the bass EQ on, because of the highish crossover it's almost like it wants to go down, but can't and in certain situations it gets a bit boomy. If you haven't listened to the same songs hundreds of times like I have when I test these damn TWS' than you may not notice it, but it can muddy the low end at certain frequencies. Now, would someone with a real knack for reviewing buy these things already an do a proper review? Where's @Bartig at when you need him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back