Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 2, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #16,531 of 62,579

I see. Probably android version hasn't been released yet. Screenshot_20191202-200257.jpg

Dec 2, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #16,532 of 62,579
After some time with the APP with the white mesh removed from the rubber sleeves, I find the sound to be clearer, especially cymbals and hi hats, which used to be dark and subdued, is now more defined and present. The biggest change I observed is the sound stage is now more holographic and airy. With the mesh, the buds sounded pretty congested and music stayed was pretty much confined in each bud. Without the mesh, there was an instance where I thought I had turned on transparency mode but it was in fact music coming from the APP. Sound is able to punch through the single layer wire mesh now instead of being trapped behind 2 layers of mesh (the wire mesh on the buds and the white cloth mesh on the sleeves).

Downside might be poorer dirt and moisture resistance? I'm not sure if that's the purpose of the white mesh.

interesting but seems a bit risky for a 250 product. I got my second pair today after returning the first. Now that my expectations are set, I am finding myself ok with the sound quality. It’s not bad. It’s crisp and clear with some bass. I think the pb pro sound better. I can probably find a use case for them even if music itself is not the strength of these. I may grab a set of the Sony’s somewhere and decide which to keep. My first go round ended with a return due to poor fit bit I didn’t try very hard. Just not sure I can love with another huge tws with the l2p in house already which look ridiculous.

Dec 2, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #16,533 of 62,579
Most of you won't care for 90% of my music, but there are some really well produced tracks on this playlist of you care to listen. I tried to pick songs that really test the ability of the earbud. I'd love to hear some feedback and please feel free to share any tracks with me, I added a Meraba song from a member of the group to test over produced treble in vocals, it's seems to be a stupid trend in audio engineering with newer music.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3Fm0OCFpU0CluKtoFGN3N9

3- is an excellent test for chaotic but melodic metal. listen for the china and the low bass. If you can hear the kick drums click and the left guitar in the bridge at the end with everything else going, your buds can separate well and have good highs
4- Great production of an awesome song with a huge wide sound
6- One of the Best recordings I've heard
7 - Clean super well produced electronic
17- Lots of keys, vocals, guitars and a HUGE chorus
20 - incredible low grindy guitar and that snare drum and beautiful clean guitar!
21 - super thin, incredibly over produced highs. If you can get this to sound good you have good gear.
22 - Prog. Metal at it's finest
27- Animals as leaders at their best. Fusion Jazz/Metal

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 9.25.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 9.25.51 PM.png

Dec 2, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #16,536 of 62,579
interesting but seems a bit risky for a 250 product. I got my second pair today after returning the first. Now that my expectations are set, I am finding myself ok with the sound quality. It’s not bad. It’s crisp and clear with some bass. I think the pb pro sound better. I can probably find a use case for them even if music itself is not the strength of these. I may grab a set of the Sony’s somewhere and decide which to keep. My first go round ended with a return due to poor fit bit I didn’t try very hard. Just not sure I can love with another huge tws with the l2p in house already which look ridiculous.
I guess if the ears are kept clean and dry, it shouldn't be much of an issue. The sleeves are easily replaced so it's a pretty cheap and low risk mod.

Dec 2, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #16,537 of 62,579
Most of you won't care for 90% of my music, but there are some really well produced tracks on this playlist of you care to listen. I tried to pick songs that really test the ability of the earbud. I'd love to hear some feedback and please feel free to share any tracks with me, I added a Meraba song from a member of the group to test over produced treble in vocals, it's seems to be a stupid trend in audio engineering with newer music.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3Fm0OCFpU0CluKtoFGN3N9

3- is an excellent test for chaotic but melodic metal. listen for the china and the low bass. If you can hear the kick drums click and the left guitar in the bridge at the end with everything else going, your buds can separate well and have good highs
4- Great production of an awesome song with a huge wide sound
6- One of the Best recordings I've heard
7 - Clean super well produced electronic
17- Lots of keys, vocals, guitars and a HUGE chorus
20 - incredible low grindy guitar and that snare drum and beautiful clean guitar!
21 - super thin, incredibly over produced highs. If you can get this to sound good you have good gear.
22 - Prog. Metal at it's finest
27- Animals as leaders at their best. Fusion Jazz/Metal

That Erra album is boss. One of my faves.

Dec 3, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #16,540 of 62,579
Dec 3, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #16,543 of 62,579

250 is a bit of an overshot when he's modifying a 4 dollar part (a pair of tips is 4 dollars to replace).

Dec 3, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #16,544 of 62,579
I think if I keep listening to these sony's my head is going to explode. I honestly wish they had more bass like the L2pro, but my goodness they are really fantastic. They are pretty perfectly balanced and with my Spiral Dots they fit perfectly.

Dec 3, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #16,545 of 62,579
I think if I keep listening to these sony's my head is going to explode. I honestly wish they had more bass like the L2pro, but my goodness they are really fantastic. They are pretty perfectly balanced and with my Spiral Dots they fit perfectly.
Are you able to get the bass you can want via the Sony Connect app? Also which particular Spiral
Dots are you using? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back