1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?

1. d3myz
    Most of you won't care for 90% of my music, but there are some really well produced tracks on this playlist of you care to listen. I tried to pick songs that really test the ability of the earbud. I'd love to hear some feedback and please feel free to share any tracks with me, I added a Meraba song from a member of the group to test over produced treble in vocals, it's seems to be a stupid trend in audio engineering with newer music.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3Fm0OCFpU0CluKtoFGN3N9

3- is an excellent test for chaotic but melodic metal. listen for the china and the low bass. If you can hear the kick drums click and the left guitar in the bridge at the end with everything else going, your buds can separate well and have good highs
    4- Great production of an awesome song with a huge wide sound
    6- One of the Best recordings I've heard
    7 - Clean super well produced electronic
    17- Lots of keys, vocals, guitars and a HUGE chorus
    20 - incredible low grindy guitar and that snare drum and beautiful clean guitar!
    21 - super thin, incredibly over produced highs. If you can get this to sound good you have good gear.
    22 - Prog. Metal at it's finest
    27- Animals as leaders at their best. Fusion Jazz/Metal

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 9.25.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 9.25.51 PM.png

wksoh, Cretz42, kl884347 and 4 others like this.
  2. d3myz
    did you click on the T1x? and if so, what happens?

3. d3myz
    I'm about to unbox my Sony WF-1000XM3's. Wish me Luck.

howdy and hifi80sman like this.
  4. DigDub
    I guess if the ears are kept clean and dry, it shouldn't be much of an issue. The sleeves are easily replaced so it's a pretty cheap and low risk mod.

d3myz likes this.
  5. cwill
    That Erra album is boss. One of my faves.

d3myz likes this.
  6. d3myz
    Isn't it! I don't care much for the newer stuff. but that album.. OHHH Man.. I listen to Seven literally every day and never get tired of it.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  7. clerkpalmer
    Not sure I even realized there are removable rubber sleeves on them. Will investigate.

8. voicemaster
    It says "The current version doesn't support Fiil+"

d3myz likes this.
  9. cwill
    Absolutely.

10. d3myz
    Wow. These Sony's are pretty Amazing.

howdy, tma6, hifi80sman and 1 other person like this.
  11. tinyman392
    250 is a bit of an overshot when he's modifying a 4 dollar part (a pair of tips is 4 dollars to replace).

d3myz likes this.
  12. d3myz
    I think if I keep listening to these sony's my head is going to explode. I honestly wish they had more bass like the L2pro, but my goodness they are really fantastic. They are pretty perfectly balanced and with my Spiral Dots they fit perfectly.

georgelai57 likes this.
  13. georgelai57
    Are you able to get the bass you can want via the Sony Connect app? Also which particular Spiral
    Dots are you using? Thanks

d3myz likes this.
  14. jlo mein
    Used my L2P on a train today and that solidified my decision to return them. The isolation is nearly nonexistent with even the best fitting tips. Buying comply foam tips might fix it slightly, but can't fix how shallow the earbuds insert due to the size of the plastic housing.

The background hiss is intolerable when in quiet environments. I supposedly have the 2nd hardware revision. (Received direct from Anker this past week)

It's unfortunate because the sound is fantastic, and would probably be even better if I could get proper sealing tips. I'm now quite content sticking with my $30 Bomaker Sifi after testing the L2P and Shanling MTW100BA.

dwil and Soul_Viper like this.
  15. hifi80sman
    Will do. He lives right down the street from Paul. :wink:

d3myz likes this.