Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 3, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #16,562 of 62,092
Anyone experience these issues with the Sabbat E12 Ultra or any other QCC3020 device?
- Duplicate listings on Bluetooth for the left and right buds. I find all the claims of "true mono mode" quite misleading since it's actually only playing one side, rather than a true mono downmix. I'm wondering if these two quirks are true for all QCC3020 TWS. Unfortunately since I'm using an Exynos Note 9 I can't test out Qualcomm TWS Plus.
- Sometimes the volume control doesn't seem to work on my phone. It might be linked to using the left or right bud as the master...
I have the Tronsmart Spunky Beat which uses the same chipset and the first is true in my case. There's a separate entry for each side, but only one shows as connected when both is used.

Dec 3, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #16,563 of 62,092
FYI, a third revision of L2P, supposedly fixing the hiss issue, will be out in about a week, according to Anker. They told me I can return mine to them and they'll send out the updated version.

For me though, the hiss isn't as big of an issue as fit. I get ear fatigue after 30 minutes or so with medium wings. And the small wings make them fall out of my ears. I also feel like they still have too much treble for my tastes, even when using the Treble Reducer curve.

I will most likely be returning them and looking for something else.

How does the Bomaker Sifi compare to L2P in terms of sound quality and comfort?
My two cents is The L2p is on a different level than the bomaker, entirely, but it does insert deep into the ear canal depending on which bud you use. The bomaker is a 6mm graphene driver and it has a bright tuning. To me they were too bright and a little thin, I couldn't turn them up much without my ears hurting, same problem I had with the Tevi, but I like to listen to music so I can feel it, i don't have that problem with the sony's or the L2p because the bass balances out the highs for me. From what I remember the bomakers don't have a lot of bass, but bass sensitive people seem to like them a lot. The bomakers are $35 right now on amazon U.S. which is a great price, I just bought a pair for comparison, because I returned mine a couple months ago. I'd also recommend the Fiil T1x $40, it's the next best thing to the Anbes 359 in the sub $100 category although it has a more narrow soundstage, but from what I remember it has a lot more bass than the bomaker. Just remember, you are stepping down to a single Dynamic Driver from a coaxial Balanced Armature and a 10mm Dynamic Driver in the L2pro. It's not going to have quite the separation or sound stage the L2p has. Again, I haven't owned the bomaker in at least a couple months, so my impressions are from memory, i listented to the L2pro, T1x and the Anbes 359 yesterday.

Dec 3, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #16,564 of 62,092
Anyone get the air-xr for a second opinion yet? I'm also dying for news of the Nuarl N6 Pro....

Also, I felt you gents & ladies would appreciate this Insta post:
upload_2019-12-3_8-15-33.png

Dec 3, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #16,565 of 62,092
I tried the stock silicone ear tips again on my LP2 and they go farther into my ear but the sound isn’t as loud as with my foam tips.

Any suggestions for TWS or sports earbuds that fit better and sound good?
JVC Spiral Dots are phenomenal. They are silicon, not quite as soft as spinfits, but to me spin fits crush the sound of the TWS too much. I use the M and the MS depending on the TWS. I also ordered some These Symbio tips. The WA and the W peel, I got them on BF for $8 a set, but they haven't arrived yet.

Dec 3, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #16,566 of 62,092
My two cents is The L2p is on a different level than the bomaker, entirely, but it does insert deep into the ear canal depending on which bud you use. The bomaker is a 6mm graphene driver and it has a bright tuning. To me they were too bright and a little thin, I couldn't turn them up much without my ears hurting, same problem I had with the Tevi, but I like to listen to music so I can feel it, i don't have that problem with the sony's or the L2p because the bass balances out the highs for me. From what I remember the bomakers don't have a lot of bass, but bass sensitive people seem to like them a lot. The bomakers are $35 right now on amazon U.S. which is a great price, I just bought a pair for comparison, because I returned mine a couple months ago. I'd also recommend the Fiil T1x $40, it's the next best thing to the Anbes 359 in the sub $100 category although it has a more narrow soundstage, but from what I remember it has a lot more bass than the bomaker. Just remember, you are stepping down to a single Dynamic Driver from a coaxial Balanced Armature and a 10mm Dynamic Driver in the L2pro. It's not going to have quite the separation or sound stage the L2p has. Again, I haven't owned the bomaker in at least a couple months, so my impressions are from memory, i listented to the L2pro, T1x and the Anbes 359 yesterday.
Thanks. Yeah, I was looking at T1x as well.

To me, the L2P have just barely enough bass (I wish it had a bit more), and a bit too much treble, but all in all, not bad. I suppose I would be disappointed with Bomaker and T1x in the bass department.

Are there any TWS out there that sound similar to L2P but offer better comfort/fit?

Dec 3, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #16,568 of 62,092
Kind of surprised anyone could think the l2p lacks bass.
It's just a personal preference. Call me a basshead. For example, I like over-ear headphones such as AudioTechnica ATH-M50, which are known for being rather bass heavy. I realize this kind of bass may not be possible with TWS, but that's what I'd prefer. I feel like my iBasso IT01 IEMs have more bass than L2P. It's also possible that I am just not getting optimal seal with my L2P, but even if I manually hold them against my ears with my hands to increase seal, I am still not getting any more bass, just more muffled treble.

Dec 3, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #16,570 of 62,092
Got the Bomakers yesterday. They are not lacking in bass at all with a good seal. I do find the treble to be thin/unnatural. I need to stop returning to Amazon so I'd let these go for $30 shipped if anyone is interested.

Dec 3, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #16,571 of 62,092
But the Pros are in-ear. We are trying to find something that sits at the entrance to the ear canal.

The pros are just barely in-ear though. They aren't quite like the Bose but they sit about as far out as an IEM possibly can. Even when I try to get them in further, they really don't go in. May be worth a shot with a return policy as suggested above.

Dec 3, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #16,572 of 62,092
It's just a personal preference. Call me a basshead. For example, I like over-ear headphones such as AudioTechnica ATH-M50, which are known for being rather bass heavy. I realize this kind of bass may not be possible with TWS, but that's what I'd prefer. I feel like my iBasso IT01 IEMs have more bass than L2P. It's also possible that I am just not getting optimal seal with my L2P, but even if I manually hold them against my ears with my hands to increase seal, I am still not getting any more bass, just more muffled treble.

Absolutely. I have TFZ No.3 which many consider to be basshead and the L2P can hang with them in terms of bass. To each their own for sure. You are probably right about the TWS form factor. Not sure you can squeeze much more bass out of a TWS beyond what the L2P offers.

Dec 3, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #16,573 of 62,092
So I tried to go running with the L2Ps today as they seemed to not have the '"walking thump" of other IEMs but it was a bust as I found that the L+ (tips with black ring) did not hold the seal at all in my right ear in spite of the wing. I though of moving up to the L wings but they push pretty hard...so I pulled out the Final E LL tips and will see how that goes !

Dec 3, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #16,575 of 62,092
Did you try the Bass Booster EQ? It tames the highs and increases the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back