Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 2, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #16,486 of 62,365
Looks like the price of Liberty 2 Pro dropped to $109.99 on soundcore.com. Pitty that the promo codes (JIMMYL2P/JERRYL2P) don't seem to work anymore... Does anyone know if there are any other applicable promo codes that still work?

Dec 2, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #16,487 of 62,365
Ok...brainstorming time.

My wife wants some wireless earbuds. I have my own criteria in what I'm looking for and know what to get me, but she is a bit different.

She doesn't like 'in-ear' earbuds like most of what is on the market. She prefers the styles that sit at the entrance to your ear.

I had her try the original version of the AirPod as a as a result, and she hated it. It was uncomfortable for her.

So then I had her try the Bose SoundSport Free. She loved how they sounded, but they are gigantic and in her words are 'ugly as Fu&k'. A fair complaint.

So, I then had her try the Galaxy Buds and the Jabra Elite 65t. I know they are both in-ear but they are also small which was important to her. They were both mildly uncomfortable but her main complaint was they sounded far inferior to the Bose.

So, finally i had her try the Plantronics Backbeat Pro 5100. Comfort was fine, size was fine, but again the didn't like the sound quality.

Now, I am at the point thinking maybe the Bose 500 earbuds are the way to go for her, but as far as I know there isn't a release date other than 'early 2020'. Do we have anything more definitive?

Have I missed any good options here? Are they are any small 'on-ear' earbuds that just sit at the entrance to the ear canal and have decent sound?

The new Airpod Pro will definitely fit her comfort requirement and sound good IMO. They are somewhat like the Bose in how they fit inside the ear canal. No sense of ear pressure.

They work best with Apple obviously, but they do work with Android products especially if it supports AAC.

Other than that I cant think of any product that uses a similar design to the Bose.

Dec 2, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #16,488 of 62,365
A little while back I was looking for a similar replacement to my anbes 359 since the rubber pads were falling off (I just ended up super gluing them) and everyone said that the ssk were the same. Same housing, same UFO, so I figured I'd try them out. Well I don't know if it's just that the anbes are "burned in" but they definitely sound fuller than the ssk. Louder too. The sub bass is more prominent in the anbes while the ssk seem quieter. They don't play at the same volume so it was difficult to compare side by side. Anyone else have a similar experience?

I have had the same experience. The SSK's sound great, but the soundstage on the anbes is a little wider and there's a little more sub-bass. Vocals and a little less recesses and the mids are a little thicker (snare drums :) I've used my SSK's quite a bit so i'm not sure they'll ever break in to sound like the anbes, but I've used the anbes' more certainly. I also have another pair of 359's that have had very little use. I dropped them and the shell came off, so I still need to glue it back together. I also super glued the pads back on my 359's, they are just to good not to use.

Dec 2, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #16,489 of 62,365
A little while back I was looking for a similar replacement to my anbes 359 since the rubber pads were falling off (I just ended up super gluing them) and everyone said that the ssk were the same. Same housing, same UFO, so I figured I'd try them out. Well I don't know if it's just that the anbes are "burned in" but they definitely sound fuller than the ssk. Louder too. The sub bass is more prominent in the anbes while the ssk seem quieter. They don't play at the same volume so it was difficult to compare side by side. Anyone else have a similar experience?

My experience is the opposite. The SSK is fuller, is more energetic, and has more bass than the Anbes.

Dec 2, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #16,491 of 62,365
@typhoon838 @d3myz Do you guys have the same issue with the SSK not turning off when putting them into the case?

Dec 2, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #16,492 of 62,365
HAHA! Yea, I know you love metal cases and warm sound signatures. I was really surprised by these. I really love the shape too. Only downside is you can't turn them off without returning them to the case or disconnecting them from your BT. BTW. my WF-1000xm3's should be here today, got held up in USPS and the wife is making me wait until christmas to open the WH-1000xm3's doh! but I got to look at them, they look brand new, just open box from amazon for $200. Color me excited.
I think you'll like them. To me, they hit like a pair of on-ears and I really enjoy them. Finding a good fit was the most challenging thing, but I was able to with some L Sony (shorter) tips.

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #16,495 of 62,365
Sorry, Here you go.
THanks,.. what's your reviewer na
For those with the SSK, question. When you put the earbuds in the case, do they still continue to play music, thus continuing to drain the battery?

They disconnect and stop playing music. I once had it drain battery when I unknowingly put the left ear bud in the right pocket of the charging unit.

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #16,497 of 62,365
So I hate the fit with the L2P. I cannot get over the shallow fit depth and have tried all the wings and no wings. Without the wings I can place them a little deeper but the little knob that holds the wing on digs into the inside of my ear, and I thought about just filing that
down :triportsad:

Is the mw07 any better or is that similar fit?

M&D is having a CM deal at 50% off of the original, (not Go or plus), for $124.50 and I was thinking of giving it a try.

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #16,500 of 62,365
So I hate the fit with the L2P. I cannot get over the shallow fit depth and have tried all the wings and no wings. Without the wings I can place them a little deeper but the little knob that holds the wing on digs into the inside of my ear, and I thought about just filing that
down :triportsad:

Is the mw07 any better or is that similar fit?

M&D is having a CM deal at 50% off of the original, (not Go or plus), for $124.50 and I was thinking of giving it a try.
If you have issues with the L2P, I think you'll find yourself in a similar situation with the MW07 (also shallow).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back