Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 2, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #16,456 of 62,362
I got the Sabbat X12 Ultra today and they are going back. Maybe i got a bad pair that just rolls off all the highs and makes the kick and snare sound empty. Good bass but everything sounds so thin. I used several tips, had a good seal and man, was I disappointed. These however, have been fantastic. Nice warm yet balanced sound. Qualcomm chipset, great for phone calls etc. def worth $40.

Dec 2, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #16,457 of 62,362
I got the Sabbat X12 Ultra today and they are going back. Maybe i got a bad pair that just rolls off all the highs and makes the kick and snare sound empty. Good bass but everything sounds so thin. I used several tips, had a good seal and man, was I disappointed. These however, have been fantastic. Nice warm yet balanced sound. Qualcomm chipset, great for phone calls etc. def worth $40.

The link to your $40 earphone returned an error for me...

Dec 2, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #16,458 of 62,362
Tips and seal for the X12? That doesn't sound right, did you mean the E12 maybe?

Dec 2, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #16,459 of 62,362
I review about 6-10 items a week. I always get refunded and it is not against amazons policy unless they ask you to give them a five star review. and even at that amazon is Making money off of it so they don’t really enforce it.
Well I basically got an ad from a product I just viewed (an MPOW TWS) claiming cashback. The FB page claimed to be officially Seneo (a sub-brand of MPOW) but didn't have anything indicating it was official.
Since you mentioned tips, do you mean E12 or X12?
I was able to try my friend's copper E12 Ultra today and it didn't have the same sound defects I had experienced on my blue camo. If anything it was slightly the opposite - the left bud being more bassy and the right one being slightly brighter, but overall it was far more balanced than mine. With foam padding in the nozzle I was able to get mine to sound more balanced albeit somewhat subdued overall - I suspect the left driver is how it was supposed to sound, with the mids being more peaked. The highs don't seem rolled off much to me, but the detail retrieval could be better (I'd say only average at best). In some ways it reminds me of the ATH-M50 back in the day being the jack of all trades and master of none.

Also, is it just me or are more sellers steering away from epacket? For example, how long did it take for Tronsmart devices to arrive in the US or Canada and did you get tracking in the destination country?

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #16,460 of 62,362
Everybody hears differently and prefers a different type of sound, so don't let my impressions keep you from loving your Falcon. What EQ have you applied?

No doubt. I wanted to share a differing opinion since we seem to have similar tastes in music. It's always nice to have two perspectives (or more).

It could be all placebo but i have a slight W on my eq. To me this brought the vocals and the mid range a bit more forward with slightly more details. Bass barely did anything and treble i dont know. but i love a U/V for my bass and treble.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #16,461 of 62,362
Hi,

Just wanted to share my experience with Falcon. I had B&O E8, the Senn MTW, the Earing M-2,the Master&Dynamic mw07 and the Falcon are from memory, to my ears, in this same league if not better but way less expensive than the Senn and the M&D. They sound really crisp, balanced, organic and detailled, they are well built, they have a good battery autonomy and they fit and isolate well... For me, the new champion considering all these aspects.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #16,462 of 62,362
Hmmm... I seem to be the only one who thinks the Falcon is "just ok" and finds it a tad bright on some music. I'd chalk it up to a bum unit or fit issues, but it's very much in line with the treble I remember from the Noble K10U aluminum, and The Wizard's tuning is very evident in both. In any case with any headphone, YMMV.

Dec 2, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #16,463 of 62,362
Hmmm... I seem to be the only one who thinks the Falcon is "just ok" and finds it a tad bright on some music. I'd chalk it up to a bum unit or fit issues, but it's very much in line with the treble I remember from the Noble K10U aluminum, and The Wizard's tuning is very evident in both. In any case with any headphone, YMMV.
I find the Falcon to be too bright in the mid-high as well.

Dec 2, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #16,464 of 62,362
People with the APP, try to remove the mesh on the rubber sleeves using a needle and tell me if you like the sound better. The bass seems to be not trapped inside the buds anymore and results in lesser mid bass and a overall slightly clearer sound signature.

Dec 2, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #16,465 of 62,362
For those with the SSK, question. When you put the earbuds in the case, do they still continue to play music, thus continuing to drain the battery?

Dec 2, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #16,469 of 62,362

Users who are viewing this thread

Back