Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 1, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #16,426 of 62,122
For this to be a viable option, there would need to be a flat/no EQ setting in the app, so that you can use it as a clean starting point to use your player's EQ. Otherwise, you'll just be layering two different EQs on top of each other, which is probably not ideal. Anker should really add a no EQ option to the app, as well as a user customizable EQ, as others mentioned.
I don’t even turn on the app. I just connect the L2P via BT and adjust their flat sound with the player I have, Kaisertone Audio. And as noted, there is a flat setting in the Soundcore app.

Plus, layering the EQ is not problematic if it sounds right.

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #16,427 of 62,122
The "Acoustic" EQ setting immediately started the drivers clicking like crazy as if they were bottoming out or hitting the driver housing. Something is terribly wrong here.

For L2P owners on here - I've mentioned the same thing in this thread and I think I figured out a workaround. Switching from any other setting to Acoustic in the app causes them to distort, even at lower volumes. To fix, leave it on Acoustic, power both sides off then back on. For whatever reason powering them on with the EQ set fixes the issue. Very strange, I'll report to Anker to fix in a future FW update

Piano eq is my fav at the gym, Acoustic for home/best sound quality imo

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #16,428 of 62,122
Dec 1, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #16,429 of 62,122
Yes, there is a third revision coming. I am in line for an exchange. Strike that - 3rd version; 2nd revision.

Appreciate it. I just sent them a message on Amazon to see if I can't do the same. Unless the Noble Falcons do something to blow these out of the water I think a less hissy L2P is a keeper.

Dec 1, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #16,433 of 62,122
I am about to pull the trigger on Soundcore LP2. Was about to get an APP yesterday but you cannot find it anywhere here and than I saw the LP2 feedbacks here and switched....

one thing that deters me is the deep discount (Amazon.fr has it with a 40 euro coupon). I am worried Anker is about to release a follow up with ANC. Anyone has any info? While with IEMs I have no issue owning multiple ones, TWS is something else. I just want one that plays music in a good enough way and most importantly has great call quality in noisy environments.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #16,434 of 62,122
Hey, good catch on the 40€ coupon on Amazon.fr, they're only about a three weeks late on Amazon.com ! I wonder if they didn't do that to make up for the recall of the first version that had hiss. Incredibly enough they're apparently getting a THIRD version ready as the hiss is still not gone on some units. I'm a bit surprised they're still getting such a good press here with these repeated snafus...as well as fit problems...and lack of a custom EQ...they really have to sound GREAT :wink:

Dec 1, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #16,435 of 62,122
Hey, good catch on the 40€ coupon on Amazon.fr, they're only about a three weeks late on Amazon.com ! I wonder if they didn't do that to make up for the recall of the first version that had hiss. Incredibly enough they're apparently getting a THIRD version ready as the hiss is still not gone on some units. I'm a bit surprised they're still getting such a good press here with these repeated snafus...as well as fit problems...and lack of a custom EQ...they really have to sound GREAT :wink:

mmmm.... any other recommendations than? good call quality as I said is primary as I will using them mainly for calling and just a bit for music.

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #16,437 of 62,122
How are the echo buds ANR for travel? Have you tried them on a plane or mass transit? I'd give them a shot but they are not available to deliver to Hong Kong yet.
I haven't flown with them yet but I've run some tests blasting some "cabin noise" from YT and they do very well. I've used them to commute and they're excellent. As pointed out earlier in this thread by @rhsauer the combination of passive isolation and ANR does wonders. I agree and rtings' actual measurements in their recent review confirms that the combo works great, best in class probably. The ANR is less "impressive" (i.e. makes less of a difference) than on the APPs, XM3s or LTA+, but the end result is better in my experience. And as I've mentioned before with the wings you're not going to lose the seal.

Dec 1, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #16,438 of 62,122
I’m in line for the 3rd revision too. My pair from last week definitely has some terrible distracting hiss. They sound really good, very alive, solid separation and pretty insane bass. Only thing I don’t like is that they are very very bright. My personalized eq in the app sounds best to me. All the presets sound very icy in the highs. I don’t get how people are listening on the Piano preset, it’s the worst offender for me. Shows that we all hear differently

Dec 1, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #16,439 of 62,122
mmmm.... any other recommendations than? good call quality as I said is primary as I will using them mainly for calling and just a bit for music.
the L2P have very good call quality. I have used them in extremely noisy food courts, on busy city center streets and in wind and it has handled all 3 very well with good feedback from every caller and always sounded excellent on my end as well.

Dec 1, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #16,440 of 62,122
Got all three in the house. I am trying out the Noble Falcons right now.

3TR5hJj.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back