Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 23, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #16,022 of 62,417
Let us know if it’s legit. Looks like that box “fell out” of the truck! LOL!
Ha ha, my thoughts exactly. But he responded at 2 AM last night. I paid him and this morning I had a bunch of photos with the box and an envelope addressed to me and a paid tracking number to my address. So I’m feeling pretty good about it

Nov 24, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #16,024 of 62,417
Redmi Airdots, my cheapest pair of TWS earbuds thus far. Pleasantly surprised by the sound quality. Treble resolution is not the greatest, but it is present. Mids are good, vocals sound very natural and guitars have a good crunch to it. Abundant amount of mid bass and the 7.2mm drivers deliver bass that can be heard and felt. Volume is lower than the other TWS buds I have, probably around 15% lesser according to my estimation. Connection strength is also weaker than my other buds, but stronger than the Creative Outlier Air. Overall amazing value for the money.

t01MVTd.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #16,025 of 62,417
Greetings to all, I'd been a long time lurker here but only now I wish to post my 2 cents. Got into the TWS game via my first pair of Creative Outlier Air (solid connection, good bass, IMHO). Then my itchy fingers clicked and got a pair of Sabbat E12 Ultra (sounds marginally better than Creative Air, but lousy connection... seems to always disconnect (either right side - if left is master, and left side - if right is master) for a brief period for no other reason than when I move my head! Oh well...)

Then after getting all the feedback that was posted, I ventured out during 11.11 sales and got a pair of Liberty 2 Pro from Aliexpress (after all discounts - $118). OMG, the L2P is the game changer for me. Everything from highs to lows are superior to both my previous pairs. And the Bluetooth connection is rock solid, never have I experienced any dropouts. And it's all thanks to all the feedback here, I salute you guys!

P.S. Bought a pair of Tronsmart Spunky Beat on a whim for $18 (during the 11.11 sales too), arriving next week, because, why not? :) The cheapest and highly recommended by Scarbir, that has apt-X, QCC3020 and USB-C charging... 'nuff said :)

Nov 24, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #16,026 of 62,417
If you go to soundcore.com, the L2P is currently 20% off ($30.00). It also let me use the $40 off coupon code posted earlier in this thread. That made the total price (with tax) come out to $83.59. I doubt the BF sale price is less than that, so you may not want to wait.
I live in NZ and Ali is free shipping, US websites usually charge an arm to ship overseas but appreciate the heads-up :)

Nov 24, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #16,027 of 62,417
Soooo... I reached out to Anker about my second pair of L2pros not receiving the newest firmware last week. They pushed the new firmware and I've had zero issues other then the gain is lower, but they advised there was another new version coming, when I asked for clarification, I got this e-mail. So, looks like I got a free pair of L2pros. :astonished:

cleardot.gif

Dear Headphone Degenerate,

Thank you for your email.

We now have a primary upgraded version of Liberty 2 Pro which has made some progress in the background noise issue. However, our product engineers found that the issue might still be noticeable with a sensitive hearing in this version so we are managing to get rid of it in the second upgraded version which will be available in 2-3 weeks.

Therefore I would like to arrange a better version for you as soon as they are available. Normally we need the defective items back then the replacements can be arranged. If you would like to wait for 2-3 weeks, for your experience, the new items will be sent to you without bothering you to return the current pair to us.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

SoundCore Support Team
12:14 AM (3 hours ago)

Nov 24, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #16,028 of 62,417
Update on my L2 Pro issue. After fiddling with the fit all day, I think I have realized that I'm not used to this type of IEM after years of using Westone products. They don't really insert deep like Westones or my Anbes, and they feel sort of awkward in how they rest in my ears. After getting over that initial roadblock, I feel like I'm starting to enjoy their sound.

Also, the volume/gain issue is still there. I fiddled with the button volume controls, reset them twice, forgot and re-paired them with my phone, and the low volume issue still remains. My conclusion is that the EQ settings appear to lower the volume output considerably. After going through the Hearing ID gimmicky thing, that turned out to give me an increase in volume, and is now my preferred preset.

I believe I have the 2nd unit, with a firmware of 01.15. Is that what everyone else is on? I feel like the hiss is still present, especially on podcasts.

So, I'm currently listening to them at 80% in a quiet environment like my apartment. I'm concerned that this will not be sufficient when on the subway or on flights. What volume level is everyone else listening to their L2 Pros at?

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #16,029 of 62,417
Soooo... I reached out to Anker about my second pair of L2pros not receiving the newest firmware last week. They pushed the new firmware and I've had zero issues other then the gain is lower, but they advised there was another new version coming, when I asked for clarification, I got this e-mail. So, looks like I got a free pair of L2pros.

Do you think you have the first version and they are giving you the newly updated 2nd version? Or is this a third version coming out?

Nov 24, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #16,030 of 62,417
It does appear to be the same as the sabbat. The case is roughly 1.5" (38.1mm) high and ~2.5" (63.5mm) wide. Its very possible to use after market tips and encounter no charge issues. I used a medium size pair and the iems went perfectly into the case.

I took these to the gym and the music is usually very loud there. I couldn't hear anything but its possible the music was playing softly. I used them around the house and i couldn't hear anything when people were talking to me. I do not listen very loud but i also do not listen very low, either :)

I'll be using this for the gym more often than not. I'll report back with isolation after a couple more visits.

Thanks. Do you have any further information to add based on any further use?

Nov 24, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #16,031 of 62,417
So, I'm currently listening to them at 80% in a quiet environment like my apartment. I'm concerned that this will not be sufficient when on the subway or on flights. What volume level is everyone else listening to their L2 Pros at?
Obviously we all have different volume preferences, but I had mine on a plane recently and found the volume sufficient. Not sure what % level I was at, but I was one or two button clicks away from max. That was when connected to my Shanling DAP with its output level set at 75 (out of 100). I use the Treble Reducer EQ curve on my L2P as I find them too bright otherwise.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #16,032 of 62,417
Soooo... I reached out to Anker about my second pair of L2pros not receiving the newest firmware last week. They pushed the new firmware and I've had zero issues other then the gain is lower, but they advised there was another new version coming, when I asked for clarification, I got this e-mail. So, looks like I got a free pair of L2pros. :astonished:

cleardot.gif

Dear Headphone Degenerate,

Thank you for your email.

We now have a primary upgraded version of Liberty 2 Pro which has made some progress in the background noise issue. However, our product engineers found that the issue might still be noticeable with a sensitive hearing in this version so we are managing to get rid of it in the second upgraded version which will be available in 2-3 weeks.

Therefore I would like to arrange a better version for you as soon as they are available. Normally we need the defective items back then the replacements can be arranged. If you would like to wait for 2-3 weeks, for your experience, the new items will be sent to you without bothering you to return the current pair to us.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

SoundCore Support Team
12:14 AM (3 hours ago)
Did you buy your L2P from Amazon or from Anker directly?

Nov 24, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #16,035 of 62,417
Update on my L2 Pro issue. After fiddling with the fit all day, I think I have realized that I'm not used to this type of IEM after years of using Westone products. They don't really insert deep like Westones or my Anbes, and they feel sort of awkward in how they rest in my ears. After getting over that initial roadblock, I feel like I'm starting to enjoy their sound.

Also, the volume/gain issue is still there. I fiddled with the button volume controls, reset them twice, forgot and re-paired them with my phone, and the low volume issue still remains. My conclusion is that the EQ settings appear to lower the volume output considerably. After going through the Hearing ID gimmicky thing, that turned out to give me an increase in volume, and is now my preferred preset.

I believe I have the 2nd unit, with a firmware of 01.15. Is that what everyone else is on? I feel like the hiss is still present, especially on podcasts.

I listen between 25% and 50% for almost all my listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back