Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 14, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #15,526 of 62,449
Actually not sure if I’ll try again, think I’m just gonna wait till the 1mores come out. But I’d disregard what I said to some degree. Sorry bout that.

Nov 14, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #15,528 of 62,449
Thanks for that link. The Mpow T5 looks great, but it appears it's no longer sold on Amazon. Bummer. Wondering if EarFun Free would be comparable.
I will be reviewing the free later in december when they send it to me (they are working on a firmware update).
I think you can get the bomaker sifi still which people likened to mpow before, and it has a much smaller case.

Nov 14, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #15,529 of 62,449
Nah I had all other EQ off =/, I guess it's possible I had a defective unit?
Yeah, probably not. :wink:

Most defective units don't have low-grade sound...it's usually some type of distortion, popping, etc. pr connectivity issues. Often, there are mismatched drivers, but even in those cases, you can still generally discern if the sound/signature is good or not. I'm REALLY curious to try these out now, just to see if they are that bad! LOL!

I was never a big fan of the 65t, but didn't think they were bad. I always thought they were no more than what I would describe as "solid", but not special. Sort of the Toyota Corolla of TWS' (super-functional, but not a chick magnet).

Nov 14, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #15,530 of 62,449
Ok this is weird...just switched the tips btwn the buds and got a seal on the R on the first try. Strange.
Also, you can try opening your mouth when inserting the buds (grow up you people with dirty minds!). It tends to open your ear canals and then allow for a seal when you close your mouth.

Nov 14, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #15,531 of 62,449
Looks like I'm the only one on the opposite side regarding L2P. The replacement did reduce the hiss to be barely noticeable, which is good. But the sound is too "digital" and less cohesive to my ears. Sound better when EQed with piano or vocal boosted, but still not my taste. The tone is just not real to me. Besides they're even bulkier than Nt01ax, with a large case. Gotta return them.
Really?! Man, love these things. The presets are pretty good, and depending on the track, I use Signature, Flat, or Piano. I'll use the Bass Booster setting when I need to go Beast Mode and run the football.

Sorry to hear that, though!

Nov 14, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #15,534 of 62,449
Thanks for that link. The Mpow T5 looks great, but it appears it's no longer sold on Amazon. Bummer. Wondering if EarFun Free would be comparable.
If you can go up to around $100, you'll be in a much better league to get something that sounds excellent. Big fan of the Anker Liberty 2 that's available on Amazon for $89 after a $10 off coupon. You can also pick them up in-store at pretty much any WalMart. These are very close to Liberty 2 Pro in terms of sound and in pretty much every other aspect.

https://www.amazon.com/Soundcore-Diamond-Coated-Personalized-Headphones-Cancellation/dp/B07SHGN942/

At the $50 or less price point, I'd strongly recommend the MPOW T5, but you've obliviously already tried to grab those.

Nov 14, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #15,536 of 62,449
I received Shanling mtw100 and what a let down! Extremely bright and unnatural sounding. Very poor fit. No matter what app I tried to equalize nothing worked. Low end is too weak and artificial. Highs are just bright. Sound never gets loud. Even compare to Jabra 65t they are just horrible. Very disappointing. Is it just me? Are there wireless that actually sound good?

Nov 14, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #15,537 of 62,449
I received Shanling mtw100 and what a let down! Extremely bright and unnatural sounding. Very poor fit. No matter what app I tried to equalize nothing worked. Low end is too weak and artificial. Highs are just bright. Sound never gets loud. Even compare to Jabra 65t they are just horrible. Very disappointing. Is it just me? Are there wireless that actually sound good?
What have you tried so far?

Nov 14, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #15,539 of 62,449
If you can go up to around $100, you'll be in a much better league to get something that sounds excellent. Big fan of the Anker Liberty 2 that's available on Amazon for $89 after a $10 off coupon. You can also pick them up in-store at pretty much any WalMart. These are very close to Liberty 2 Pro in terms of sound and in pretty much every other aspect.

https://www.amazon.com/Soundcore-Diamond-Coated-Personalized-Headphones-Cancellation/dp/B07SHGN942/
Thanks. How does the EQ work on these? Is it adjusted through a phone app? Once you set the EQ, will the IEMs memorize it so that you can utilize the memorized EQ curve with another source such as a DAP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back