Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 14, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #15,483 of 62,420
The battery life is exactly what keeps me from purchasing L2P. That advertised 8 hours turned out to be 5 hours and 43 minutes in practice for a YT reviewer (JimsReviewRoom). The MW07 plus got 8 hours and 58 minutes with noise canceling on (Sound Guys review). I used to be able to sleep a full 8 hours with my Creative Outlier Airs when I had an iPhone(AAC), but battery life has gone to hell since I switched to an Android s10 (aptX). Short of it is my GF snores.

The battery metric is really pushing me towards the MW07 plus, but the cost and the feature set not being mature has me waiting for a better option.

What source are you using for the buds? Android, iPhone, other? If PC, what BT are you using? Internal chip or USB key?
The use of aptX on the Qualcomm 3020/6 chip uses between 20-25% more power though on my Syllable 101s I've sometimes seen it higher. If you force Android to use AAC rather than aptX then you will probably see it closer to 8 hours.

Nov 14, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #15,484 of 62,420
I know it's an ad... but I'm kinda sold already lolll.

Nov 14, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #15,485 of 62,420
Nov 14, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #15,486 of 62,420
Anyone using the Liberty Pro 2 with a Samsung phone? I'm curious if anyone has compared Samsung's Adapt Sound to the HearID feature in the Soundcore app. They are both functionally the same feature it seems like, I just wasn't sure if one tended to be more accurate. Thanks!

Nov 14, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #15,487 of 62,420
How does the elite 65t compare to all these sub $75 options like ssk, m50, tevi etc? There is also some weird durability reports. Oh hell, this market is so over dumped, just look at soundpeats, they release an 'upgrade' every week with no modeling schema to follow

The Elite 65t's hold their own well against all the recent sub $75 offerings. If you are satisfied with the Jabra's, then I wouldn't recommend any of the recent Chi-Fi bluetooth tws' to replace the 65t's. However, if you're on head-fi then you're not looking for a replacement -- you're looking to feed the obsession, so yes, start snapping up some of the recent sub $75 options.

That said, the 65t's sound categorically different from all the sub $100 TWS's put out over the last 9 months -- largely due to a lack of bass extension and woefully anemic sub-bass. Thankfully, the Jabra sound app is well made (especially considering how long ago this app was launched) and can compensate. On the other hand, upper mids / lower-ish highs are excellent and detail retrieval is pretty good (as good or better than anything currently on the sub $100 market.)

Now a word on our "sickness," all the excellent sub $75 offerings are wide-ranging in sound characteristics. So, having 4 or 5 different models is easily justifiable.

Nov 14, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #15,488 of 62,420
The battery life is exactly what keeps me from purchasing L2P. That advertised 8 hours turned out to be 5 hours and 43 minutes in practice for a YT reviewer (JimsReviewRoom). The MW07 plus got 8 hours and 58 minutes with noise canceling on (Sound Guys review). I used to be able to sleep a full 8 hours with my Creative Outlier Airs when I had an iPhone(AAC), but battery life has gone to hell since I switched to an Android s10 (aptX). Short of it is my GF snores.

The battery metric is really pushing me towards the MW07 plus, but the cost and the feature set not being mature has me waiting for a better option.

What source are you using for the buds? Android, iPhone, other? If PC, what BT are you using? Internal chip or USB key?

I see. Can't say I am too concerned with battery life. 5 will be good. Mostly an android phone will be the source.

Can try on PC, what did you want to know?

Nov 14, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #15,489 of 62,420
Anyone using the Liberty Pro 2 with a Samsung phone? I'm curious if anyone has compared Samsung's Adapt Sound to the HearID feature in the Soundcore app. They are both functionally the same feature it seems like, I just wasn't sure if one tended to be more accurate. Thanks!

ah, interesting. Just got the note 10 plus. I typically use a rooted Android phone to utilize viper4android. I am pleasantly surprised at how effective Samsung's Adapt Sound is! By the way, not sure why people knock the akg oem headset and rush to look for a tws replacement -- after eq'ing the akg's with Adapt Sound, they sound better most (all?) the TWS' out there.

Nov 14, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #15,490 of 62,420
Good to know as the treadmill makes up much of my cardio, thanks.

They might work for you. I tend to have problems with running and earbuds because I sweat a ton and pretty much have terrible form. If you are one of those gazelle runners that looks like they are floating on the treadmill, they might work. For example, I see people running with air pods in their ears and they stay put. They wouldn't stay in my ears for 10 seconds.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #15,491 of 62,420
ah, interesting. Just got the note 10 plus. I typically use a rooted Android phone to utilize viper4android. I am pleasantly surprised at how effective Samsung's Adapt Sound is! By the way, not sure why people knock the akg oem headset and rush to look for a tws replacement -- after eq'ing the akg's with Adapt Sound, they sound better most (all?) the TWS' out there.
but i get the freedom from wires thing
The R18 is very flat, and very clear. The lows never interfere with the higher frequencies. This can be a good thing with busy music, but isn't fun to listen to. As for EQ'ing them...my Spotify EQ does not allow anything to be turned up, only down. If I turn anything up like the bass it just lowers everything else. It doesn't turn the bass up. I don't really understand it.

interesting. I've always relied on viper4android for eq. your description reminds of old school eq thinking -- lowering various frequencies is as/more important as raising
Thank you!

I also hooked Shure 535 to TRN BT20s Bluetooth adapters, the sound with Bluetooth adaptor is not just bad, it is horribly bad, so bad, that no amount of wireless convenience would make me go wireless.

Bluetooth audio simply is not there yet, it is not even comparable to wired headphones.

agreed.

I just posted that even the akg oem wired headset that ships with Samsung phones beat all the bluetooth audio out there (after proper eq'ing).

Nov 14, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #15,494 of 62,420
Anyone have any experience here with the Audio-Tecnica ATH-SPORT7TW? Wonder how it compares to the Melomania or SSK (I have both). It's the only AT that has hear through with the ability to control how much ambient noise it lets through, which had me interested. Battery life is not great but sufficient for my use. Any reviews would be appreciated.

Nov 14, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #15,495 of 62,420
OK, got the soundcore LP2 and have to agree with everyone else, that even at $100-150 hit above their cost. And the app is decent also. The standard sound mode isn't great and sort of boomy, but flat, lounge, and acoustic are OK. Acoustic is volume boost and somewhat flatter it seems. Overall they beat the MW07 Plus in my book. Just seem to cover every range of sound better and resolve things better. Only by a tiny bit and go a notch louder to boot... Which is probably better than ANC if you are OK at that volume.

Edit: Have noticed I can get clipping on LP2 when on acoustic mode so the volume boost is a bit much it seems, so probably not meant for loud volume so much to improve acoustic performances somehow?

Highs can still be harsh, but guess that could be addressed with one of the settings. Sony is still good, not as powerful and dynamic and like the ANC with customizable ambient, but just not as open or complete sounding and way more uncomfortable than LP2 and MW07 Plus. MTW really aren't bad, but stock tuning is not my cup of tea and were uncomfortable enough and silly enough about not always pairing up right away I just sorta excluded them early. With some EQ pretty sure the extra volume dynamics will out gun Shanling.

Still will keep Shanling and use a lot. They are most comfortable of all seem to pair well, ambient works soso, and have a more comfortable sound that is really not bad at the volume it can get too. The highs are a bit recessed, but only in the upper reaches where some of that sound can be harsh and not add a ton to the final sound of you just want comfort.

Don't want to take time to test battery life or really dig into all features... But will say lip sync on video, even youtube is good with the Sony. Rest can't get low enough latency seem synced on YouTube. Soundcore might be second by a bit over rest. Rest are pretty bad.

Anyhow will probably keep Shanling and Soundcore only. The price on the rest is just not justified. Really do wish Shanling had more volume, which sorta leaves me curious of their dynamic version.

very nice pic. out of those you have there, which has the nicest, bass that's juicy thick goes deep but not boomy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back