Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 11, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #15,301 of 62,454
just tried out the AirPods Pro on a 3:30 flight to the west coast and man was I impressed. Was worried after reading a review on Reddit but these are better than serviceable. Based off his review i think he was hoping the noise cancellation would be as good as the QC35 standard. It’s obviously not.

that said he kept talking about all the sounds he could hear. I assume now he was referring to the noise with no audio or music playing and was just trying to cancel sound. Not sure. I will say, if that’s your goal, don’t do them. However, with music or movies, with ANC on , and the fan blowing directly on me, I could hear nothing including the captains chime ins with music at 40%. I was totally wowed. I thought I’d have to be at or close to full blast to get that level of noise cancellation.
Hoping on another flight now but for flying these work extremely well unless silence is what you are looking for.

the only complaint I can find for me so far with APP is lack of soundstage.
Thanks

Nov 11, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #15,302 of 62,454
What promo code is this? I'm somewhat interested in including them in my buy them all and test them all and keep maybe one and return rest search of bit more premium priced options.
$40 off code: JIMMYL2P

Close to the $50 off pre-order code, so grab it while you can.

Nov 11, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #15,303 of 62,454
Best TWS to buy on aliexpress right now (11.11)?
I got a recommendation here on the MPOW's, but there is a sale now so maybe I can get something better?
I need the earphones to work seperately too, like the MPOW's (meaning I can use only 1 if I want to).
Thanks !!!!

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #15,304 of 62,454
Having an issue with the mw07 plus where the battery reading is stuck at 90%. I recall someone had an issue like that with the mw07 go. Were you able to fix it?

That was probably me I returned them to Best Buy as it just seemed like I got a dud. I havent repurchased them yet and am waiting until they get a new batch at my local Best Buy. They did have a few left in stock but suggested I wait in case the others have the same issue.

Nov 11, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #15,305 of 62,454
Let me clarify on the plane. The second flight was better for me to gather more thoughts. You def get noise let in the AirPods pro. But it def muffles it considerably and allows you to enjoy music or movies considerably. No replacement for over ears but worth it (to me) to not have to carry those. Travel listening isn’t for musical enjoyment for me. It’s to take my mind off the laborious travel. These work perfect for that.

Nov 11, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #15,306 of 62,454
That was probably me I returned them to Best Buy as it just seemed like I got a dud. I havent repurchased them yet and am waiting until they get a new batch at my local Best Buy. They did have a few left in stock but suggested I wait in case the others have the same issue.
Based on further testing I found they only update the battery in increments of 10 instead of 2 like the other TWS earphones I tried. Not sure if that's a bug or not. So far I've gotten about 5 hours and have 3x percent left

Nov 11, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #15,307 of 62,454
On an unrelated note, since I’m now done with the MW07+, I’ve been listening to the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pros for the last hour or so, and I have to say that, even with the “hiss,” these are the best TWEs (and some of the best earphones, period) I have ever heard. Incredible (melodic) bass, and incredible clarity. Of course, I have to send these back too because they randomly disconnect during phone calls (and voice memos), and I think there might be a related issue with the microphone quality — but I will definitely get a new (hopefully working) pair. They sound just that good.
I purchased the liberty pro 2 last week and the momentum’s and the pro 2 out class them to me. The volume gets way louder, I am one of the lucky ones my pair don’t hiss at all.

Nov 11, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #15,308 of 62,454
How good are the SSK BT03 or the QCY T1 compared to wired IEMs?

Will probably buy something more expensive for general usage, but they're cheap now on 11.11 and might be good to get some beaters for the gym.

The SSK BT03 is comparable to any wired IEM at the same price. I can't even think of a wired IEM that sounds better at the same price actually.

Nov 11, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #15,310 of 62,454
Look forward to your take on the new one. To bad that code didn't work here in Canada. I have wait until I sell of some gear to afford them. I am pretty much settled on the L2P though.
They've been pulled from Amazon.ca it seems... They also removed my question about whether it is the new version in Canada. I'm guessing they will re-list it soon but there will be a turn-around time.

New Alpha & Delta Elite for $58 minus $11 with code elite11 till 13rd
https://www.alphandelta.com/product-page/alpha-delta-elite
Should give a try?
APTX, Qualcomm's True Wireless Plus, 6mm dynamic driver, QCC3026, type-c
The shell and case is the same as Wavefun Xpods 3/YTOM T1, although it has some different features as well... Tuning might differ too. I was contemplating on Wavefun Xpods 3T or YTOM T1 Pro which have Qi charging...

Nov 11, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #15,312 of 62,454
New Alpha & Delta Elite for $58 minus $11 with code elite11 till 13rd
https://www.alphandelta.com/product-page/alpha-delta-elite
Should give a try?
APTX, Qualcomm's True Wireless Plus, 6mm dynamic driver, QCC3026, type-c
I think you'll be the guinea pig, so let us all know. Most of us have tried the Wavefun or one with a similar shell (MEGIVEZ, PANFREY, insert weird Chi-Fi name). By all accounts, the Wavefun are solid, but don't do the MEGIVEZ, they're complete trash.

Nov 11, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #15,313 of 62,454
I picked up the L2P last night and tried them straight away :) they came in around £93
My first reaciton was wow. Then I installed the app, and it got much better. They're not mentally loud, but the bass is great, and it can be increased.
I flicked backwards and forwards between the Anbes 359 and L2P, and I came to realise that I really like the Anbes ! they're small/light and just work.
I am keeping the L2p as they're accoustically better, but I can't seem to get the right ear to fit properly, and it aches after a while, but I'll experiment with the other buds/wing tips.
Also, when you take the L2P out and put them in the case, they carry on playing...until you close it. Not sue why, but that annoys me. Also , getting them into the case is a bit like tetris :)
They're the negatives, the positives are that they sound very nice. I'm now wanting to listen to a £300 pair to see what the upgrade actually gets you. Oh the battery life is brilliant, I'll test that properly on the 12 hour flight home.

I've bought 2 pairs of TWS following advice (which is excellent) on here, and both have been great purchases, so thanks for all your input !

Nov 11, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #15,314 of 62,454
I was contemplating on Wavefun Xpods 3T or YTOM T1 Pro which have Qi charging

Does anyone here had compared them both head to head? Is there any difference in sound?

Nov 11, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #15,315 of 62,454
I think you'll be the guinea pig, so let us all know. Most of us have tried the Wavefun or one with a similar shell (MEGIVEZ, PANFREY, insert weird Chi-Fi name). By all accounts, the Wavefun are solid, but don't do the MEGIVEZ, they're complete trash.
They're also pretty bad under the Meijier name too. Tried those, sent em right back. Hopefully these don't have the same issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back