Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 11, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #15,271 of 62,076
11.11 is upon us and there is NOTHING I feel like getting from AliExpress.... I think I have reached max saturation level ...

And maybe saving up some money for the APP or those Bose TWS when they finally come

Nov 11, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #15,272 of 62,076
11.11 is upon us and there is NOTHING I feel like getting from AliExpress.... I think I have reached max saturation level ...

And maybe saving up some money for the APP or those Bose TWS when they finally come

I'm getting the GGMM T1 and the Anker Neo... don't need them...just couldn't resist the itch :dt880smile:

Nov 11, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #15,273 of 62,076
The AliExpress seller has just confirmed to me that the SSK BT08 does not have the same sound quality as the BT03, which is a shame because I was really hoping for a good black TWS under €50.

I’ll probably be going for the Mpow M5 although it’s been around for a while (shame about the micro USB). Waiting to get an answer from the store on what’s different about the new M8 and M20.

Nov 11, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #15,274 of 62,076
Are there any good TWS coming up in the 11.11 sale tomorrow worth looking at?

I had Shanling MTW100 and Mifo O7 both on my Wish List saved with big sale prices, but now on 11.11 they seem to have pulled all the stock.

Nov 11, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #15,275 of 62,076
I was going to check out the MTW100 and im seeing that its not worth getting, sellers that have stock arent releasing it at discount prices.

And at the price its at on aliexpress, might as well pay 8 bucks more and buy them here in spain.

Nov 11, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #15,276 of 62,076
No TWS will beat that setup, I have Fiio FH1 and got to try also the Shure se215 hooked to Mee BTX2 I find it to be better than Shure's own adapter. Also nearly indistinguishable from wired.

Thank you!

I also hooked Shure 535 to TRN BT20s Bluetooth adapters, the sound with Bluetooth adaptor is not just bad, it is horribly bad, so bad, that no amount of wireless convenience would make me go wireless.

Bluetooth audio simply is not there yet, it is not even comparable to wired headphones.

Nov 11, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #15,277 of 62,076
I had Shanling MTW100 and Mifo O7 both on my Wish List saved with big sale prices, but now on 11.11 they seem to have pulled all the stock.

Well if anyone wants the Shanling MTW100, I just bought it from Hifigo on their 11-11 Flash Sale plus HIFIGO5 $5 off coupon for $74USD total (BA version). All Aliexpress sellers have it for standard $90 price.

I've never bought from them before so buy at your own risk. They ship from Hong Kong.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #15,278 of 62,076
OK... I am trying the Sennheiser MTW, Sony MF-1000XM3, M&D MW07 Plus. Have updated my rankings in the ranking TWS thread with tonight's first take. It's all to see if there is something I'm will to spend more on to have something better than Shanling or SSK. I don't have the SSK handy though to compare. So far the Sony are most interesting as they are very close in SQ and have nice and better features unrelated to SQ. The Sennheiser don't fit me well and seem more boomy than M&D and Sony to me. The M&D do have a very accurate and full spectrum sound though. For $300 though rather than well done noise canceling and other things it has nicer materials and build. The Sennheiser is sorta a let down for my ears... Doesn't fit comfortably and is sorta boomy. Does go loudest though. None are as comfortable and small as the Shanling. Would say the M&D is clost on comfort though and the physical 3 buttons is the best no phone UI of the bunch.

I'll update more later. Will probably return all and keep thinking about it. No way to demo in store so I just went this route. May try the Anker also later or while I have these if a deal comes up.

If anyone has questions while I am able to evaluate all back to back let me know.

Nov 11, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #15,279 of 62,076
I'm getting the GGMM T1 and the Anker Neo... don't need them...just couldn't resist the itch :dt880smile:

The Nilikin GO are at a good price https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/33015259001.html 22.46€ - I'm intrigued with their "open IEM" concept to use while bike riding...or running in noisier environments since they don't produce "thumping" based on your feedback.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #15,280 of 62,076
The AliExpress seller has just confirmed to me that the SSK BT08 does not have the same sound quality as the BT03, which is a shame because I was really hoping for a good black TWS under €50.

I’ll probably be going for the Mpow M5 although it’s been around for a while (shame about the micro USB). Waiting to get an answer from the store on what’s different about the new M8 and M20.

Got a response from the store. The internals of the M8 and M20 are not identical to those of the M5, so they're hesitant to comment on the SQ. I'm going to play it safe and get the M5 unless someone else knows of a deal on an even better black TWS in that price range.

Nov 11, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #15,281 of 62,076
I was going to check out the MTW100 and im seeing that its not worth getting, sellers that have stock arent releasing it at discount prices.

And at the price its at on aliexpress, might as well pay 8 bucks more and buy them here in spain.

I got them a few weeks ago from Ali for 66 euro and a few cents. I found a Aliexpress site-wide coupon and stacked the seller coupons to get this price. For the full price you are better off buying them locally.

Nov 11, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #15,282 of 62,076

Hmm .. Anker Soundcore Liberty Neo ...
I wonder what they bring to the table that I won't get from my QCY T1 :wink: So far most appealing is that what is usually to have for 50-60$ I could swing today for 26$ ...

Or that Spunky buds cheapest APTX for something like 16$

But i think all the stuff I read here the last few days about the APP makes me really want something new in terms of 'new & better features', not just another fancy case :)

Can't believe that I am not going to order anything today ...

Nov 11, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #15,283 of 62,076
The Nilikin GO are at a good price https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/33015259001.html 22.46€ - I'm intrigued with their "open IEM" concept to use while bike riding...or running in noisier environments since they don't produce "thumping" based on your feedback.

that's a nice deal. did you went for it? i hope ypu like it, as i really enjoy it

Hmm .. Anker Soundcore Liberty Neo ...
I wonder what they bring to the table that I won't get from my QCY T1 :wink: So far most appealing is that what is usually to have for 50-60$ I could swing today for 26$ ...

Or that Spunky buds cheapest APTX for something like 16$

But i think all the stuff I read here the last few days about the APP makes me really want something new in terms of 'new & better features', not just another fancy case :)

Can't believe that I am not going to order anything today ...

yes, the price that made me interested. i doubt it would be better sounding than my existing units, but it might surprise me. the GGMM is tempting because it has rubber body and has ipx7 rating, so i will be using it as a beater/sport tws

Nov 11, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #15,284 of 62,076
Debating myself on whether I should buy the Sabbat E12 Ultra (37€ on AliExpress after coupons) or 'splurge' on the Shanling MTW100 on Hifigo (around 67€ after coupons). It's a shame there are no 11/11 promos for the Shanling on AliExpress. Will stay tuned in case that changes.

Any other pairs I should keep an eye on for today?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back