Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 3, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #11,326 of 62,659
Holy moly that is the apposite of what others have said. Maybe they need break in with music for a couple of days. Have you tried other tips?
Ofusho is sending another pair of f16 to me the first pair had pairing problems. I would like to hear more of your impressions especially compared to traya t3 and anbes 359 those are my favs now. What other tw would be a step up?

Sep 3, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #11,327 of 62,659
Ofusho is sending another pair of f16 to me the first pair had pairing problems. I would like to hear more of your impressions especially compared to traya t3 and anbes 359 those are my favs now. What other tw would be a step up?
Hopefully this week I'll get the F16 and the Tranya B530. I think a step up would be the Tevis TWS($90), which I'm hoping the OFUSHO could be in the same league. Has pretty much the same features except the battery is 10hrs. I really hope I like the OFUSHO or they are going back. If I get a connection issues I'd give it another chance and reorder them again. I don't own the Tranya T3. Anbes 359 is still my all time favorite TWS. Honorable mention to Alterola IE600 and Hopshoop W1.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #11,328 of 62,659
So, Zagzog TWS, Mpow T5, the UFO and the QCY T1 arrived.
First thoughts (this is all on 80%+ volume lol and without EQ):
Zagzog goes back. Can't listen because of very harsh highs, even using equalizer doesn't help.

Wow, never noticed harsh highs on my Zagzog ... need to check again .. maybe we listen to very different music? I never listen to anything with shrubby guitars, something I could imagine that would reveal harsh highs more ... will double check ...

Edit: ok, I blame my old ears, or our possibly very different taste in music ... ooooorrrr that we received differently tuned units ... I do NOT have any 'harsh highs'. They sound detailed and 'sparkly' to me ... but maybe send my some example track via YT link with example passage ...

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #11,329 of 62,659
Call me crazy, but I think I could seriously be ok if the Galaxy Buds were my only headphones. On the "clear" EQ setting they sound that good. Never thought I'd say this about anything Bluetooth, but here I am at home with an HD650 within arms reach and I have the Galaxy Buds in my ears instead of the HD650 over my ears. I'm not saying they are better than an HD650, but they are great and super convenient.

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #11,330 of 62,659
Ordered these with a promo code (8L2NI5L3) that brings them down to $31. Hopefully these will hit the spot! I haven't had good luck with earbuds that have metal cases (except for the MW07), so going back to the ol' plastic case!

Curse you and your speedy Amazon delivery :)

I have several items in the pipeline from last week's sale that left 'country of origin' on 8/29 ... and still have not made landfall ... oh, the agony

Also realizing that daily check up on tracking info does not seem to expedite shipping ... sigh ...

Curious which one will be here first :D

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #11,331 of 62,659
Call me crazy, but I think I could seriously be ok if the Galaxy Buds were my only headphones. On the "clear" EQ setting they sound that good. Never thought I'd say this about anything Bluetooth, but here I am at home with an HD650 within arms reach and I have the Galaxy Buds in my ears instead of the HD650 over my ears. I'm not saying they are better than an HD650, but they are great and super convenient.

not crazy at all. i myself felt a bit guilty of neglecting my wired earphones and headphones lately. and I'm slowly converting some of my wired iem into a true wireless solutions as a middle ground

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #11,332 of 62,659
Anyone going for SoundPeats TrueEngine2? is 59$ early bird "half price" on Kickstarter coughcoughcough

Sep 4, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #11,333 of 62,659
14?! That's it?! Get with the program, soldier!

Nice impressions on the OFUSHO F16. Sounds like a good starter pair and a nice gift for someone that hasn't gone TWS yet.
Haha, I’ll do better. And thanks. Yea, I’d agree with that. I didn’t play with the EQ at all as Tidal to my knowledge doesn’t have one, but maybe I’ll bump up the highs in Spotify and see how it sounds. I know some of the guys in here are using BT dacs/amps do you know of any reasonably priced units with good performance?

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #11,335 of 62,659
I think I need to go too! I have 14 pair now :disappointed_relieved: Glad my wife doesn't know how many I have. :grimacing:

14?! That's it?! Get with the program, soldier!

14? How quaint :wink:

Oh, and another unknowing wife ...

sometimes i show this thread to my wife... so she knows that my collections are like puddles compared to the other's swimming pools (and on rare occasion, there are ones that have the whole ocean) so she would let me buy more :o2smile::o2smile:

Sep 4, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #11,336 of 62,659
Looks like the QCY T3 will be the first to arrive, got notification that they arrived in country this morning and they already left 'inward office' by 10PM ... let's see :)

how exciting :D

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #11,337 of 62,659
Wow, never noticed harsh highs on my Zagzog ... need to check again .. maybe we listen to very different music? I never listen to anything with shrubby guitars, something I could imagine that would reveal harsh highs more ... will double check ...

Edit: ok, I blame my old ears, or our possibly very different taste in music ... ooooorrrr that we received differently tuned units ... I do NOT have any 'harsh highs'. They sound detailed and 'sparkly' to me ... but maybe send my some example track via YT link with example passage ...

I am in my early twenties and my ears are generally a bit sensitive to highs. But over 70-75% volume on my phone, "S" and "T" sounds are harsh and/ or sharp. I can hear it in every electric music song, female voices and also cymbals in rock songs aren't fun.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #11,338 of 62,659
I am in my early twenties and my eyes are generally a bit sensitive to highs. But over 70-75% volume on my phone, "S" and "T" sounds are harsh and/ or sharp. I can hear it in every electric music song, female voices and also cymbals in rock songs aren't fun.

OMG, if you stick those TWS into your EYES!!!! No wonder you get a slight harshness

:D :D :D

Sep 4, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #11,339 of 62,659
Apparently the initial batch of 100 of @FiiO 's spinoff brand Jade Audio's first true wireless earphones the EW1 sold out in 56 seconds in China. Impressive.

38FEB9F8-DD3E-492D-A576-1AA690F53660.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back