Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 2, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #11,296 of 62,025
UTAXO TWS

Not bad, not bad at all. Initial impressions:

PROS
- Nice metal case. Slides open with a nice spring loaded mechanism. Micro USB, but I knew that going in.
- There is a nice little pouch to protect that nice metal case.
- Full touch controls (play/pause, track fwd/rev, vol +/-).
- AAC support. Not sure if it's a Realtek Soc or an Airoha.
- Sound is clean, crisp, and very balanced. This would satisfy the budget audiophile.
- Good call quality. People reported I sounded loud & clear, albeit slightly "electronic".

CONS
- Not for bassheads. They are not bass deficient, but they don't have that thump common with most mainstream consumer products. However, using the Bass Boost EQ in Spotify (iOS) works well and the drivers have no issues handling it.
- Slight white noise, but it's not distracting. I notice it, but it's minor and Doesn't distract from purely acoustic guitar/vocal tracks.
- Touch controls are a little fumbly. Two taps to pause/play, but if it only registers one of them, it'll raise or lower the volume (depending which earbud you press).

IMG_2307.jpg

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #11,298 of 62,025
Well Tranya was true to their word. I got all my money back for ordering the B530s early and leaving an honest review on Amazon. They never requested or required that it be a 5 star review, but that is what they got anyway. These things are great!

Sep 3, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #11,299 of 62,025
OFUSHO F16 finally shipped I guess they will be here sometime this Wed/Thur. The price went up to $47.
The Tranya B530 should be here tomorrow hopefully.

Sep 3, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #11,300 of 62,025
Well Tranya was true to their word. I got all my money back for ordering the B530s early and leaving an honest review on Amazon. They never requested or required that it be a 5 star review, but that is what they got anyway. These things are great!

Glad the new Tranya did not dissapoint you! From the herd of unknown Chi-Fi brands, I really like those guys. They have a clear product focus and every product they put out is an improvement over the previous one.
I wish they took the jump to adopt one of the Qualcomm chips (adding aptx and possibly a better mic), but they seem to do very well with the Realteks.

Sep 3, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #11,301 of 62,025
Well, a long awaited review on the Edifier TWS5 from Gamesky
Quite positive, especially regarding SQ. Not surprise coming from this brand.

Still cannot get why they decide to miss control volume. Such a bummer! should they did these could have been very well in my pocket. During the brands week special of AliX a couple of weeks ago and with all coupons and discounts, they run for a bit more than 50 euros.
Really hope they fix this in the next iteration, since they’re really tempting to me

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #11,302 of 62,025
Solely for music, no brainier and go with the House of Marley Liberate Air. The only thing I would note, as mentioned earlier in this thread, is the lack of volume controls on the 'buds themselves, however, if you're just using them for work and your phone is nearby, it shouldn't be an issue. I use them in my office for music and calls, with my phone on the desk next to me, so volume controls are not an issue for me and my use.

Also, as a general practice regardless of volume control, I organize my playlists in "legacy" and "remastered" categories, so everything that's from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and even early 00s that hasn't been remastered, I have in a separate playlist so I don't have to keep changing the volume when I skip a track. I never use the integrated software compressor in Spotify to "normalize" volume. May as well go buy a black & white TV.

The Jabra just doesn't sound great, but they are good with nice versatility, but not the best cost/performance with respect to pure audio ability.

Thanks for the reply, I just checked Amazon.ca again and the one seller that has the marleys doesn't do refunds so I guess it's the jabras for me since it's straight from amazon. I really hope they fit well.

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #11,303 of 62,025
Thanks for the reply, I just checked Amazon.ca again and the one seller that has the marleys doesn't do refunds so I guess it's the jabras for me since it's straight from amazon. I really hope they fit well.

Check Costco if you have a membership. When I was looking at the Jabras I saw they were cheaper there.

Sep 3, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #11,305 of 62,025
Initial impression of the OFUSHO F16 was not great. they sound a lot more muddy than the B530's, 359's T3 and T5, but then again the 530's and the T3's are pretty bright. Bass and mid bass is quite good and they do have some sparkle, but they are missing some maybe high mids? I can't place it.They sound stage is average and the definition is maybe a bit above average. Comfort wise they are a little bulky and the ear stabilizer? or whatever they are called are just kind of annoying and they aren't removable. controls are good and I kind of like that long pressing adjusts the volume, but it makes it tricky to just go one up/ one down. My biggest complaint is that you have to put them back in the cradle to power them off. I'll keep listening to them, but they aren't bad for $35, but probably should be $25-30? I'm interested to hear others thoughts.

Sep 3, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #11,306 of 62,025
Initial impression of the OFUSHO F16 was not great. they sound a lot more muddy than the B530's, 359's T3 and T5, but then again the 530's and the T3's are pretty bright. Bass and mid bass is quite good and they do have some sparkle, but they are missing some maybe high mids? I can't place it.They sound stage is average and the definition is maybe a bit above average. Comfort wise they are a little bulky and the ear stabilizer? or whatever they are called are just kind of annoying and they aren't removable. controls are good and I kind of like that long pressing adjusts the volume, but it makes it tricky to just go one up/ one down. My biggest complaint is that you have to put them back in the cradle to power them off. I'll keep listening to them, but they aren't bad for $35, but probably should be $25-30? I'm interested to hear others thoughts.
Holy moly that is the apposite of what others have said. Maybe they need break in with music for a couple of days. Have you tried other tips?

Sep 3, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #11,308 of 62,025
So, Zagzog TWS, Mpow T5, the UFO and the QCY T1 arrived.
First thoughts (this is all on 80%+ volume lol and without EQ):
Zagzog goes back. Can't listen because of very harsh highs, even using equalizer doesn't help.

Bass is T5 first, then QCY T1 and then the UFO.
UFO seems brighter than QCY T1 and doesn't go that deep. Highs are a bit harsh too. In 5 seconds of summer - Teeth is a very deep bass at the end. The T5 rumbles a bit :D, on the QCY T1 it is there and on the UFO it is even a little less. Mpow T5 sounds a bit boring in comparison because of the highs.
Pairing with T5 was easiest, then UFO then QCY T1.

Sadly, the T5 is that big and sticks out of the ears so much..
Well, I need to listen some more before making my decision.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #11,309 of 62,025
So, Zagzog TWS, Mpow T5, the UFO and the QCY T1 arrived.
First thoughts (this is all on 80%+ volume lol):
Zagzog goes back. Can't listen because of very harsh highs, even using equalizer doesn't help.
This I tested without using equalizer:
Bass is T5 first, then QCY T1 and then the UFO.
UFO seems brighter than QCY T1 and doesn't go that deep. Highs are a bit harsh too. In 5 seconds of summer - Teeth is a very deep bass at the end. The T5 rumbles a bit :D, on the QCY T1 it is there and on the UFO it is even a little less. Mpow T5 sounds a bit boring in comparison because of the highs.

Sadly, the T5 is that big and sticks out of the ears so much..
Well, I need to listen some more before making my decision.
Make sure you run music 50% vol. on all of them for a week before you return anything. Believe me they need time to open up.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #11,310 of 62,025
Make sure you run music 50% vol. on all of them for a week before you return anything. Believe me they need time to open up.
While this is true, I don't think the harsh highs will change on the Zagzog..
Also for 30-50€ I don't want to invest that much time anymore. In the end I want to keep more than one pair even tho I will only listen to one :darthsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back