Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 3, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #11,311 of 62,440
Does anyone have any insight or thoughts on the Advanced M5-tws releasing tomorrow? Do they actually make any good sounding iems? I have heard of them but have always thought of them as a lower/low mid tier type of company. But I like the design of these earbuds.

Sep 3, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #11,312 of 62,440
Does anyone have any insight or thoughts on the Advanced M5-tws releasing tomorrow? Do they actually make any good sounding iems? I have heard of them but have always thought of them as a lower/low mid tier type of company. But I like the design of these earbuds.

Nothing specific on the new M5 but advanced makes quality well priced products in both the budget and higher end areas. I have their first true wireless and it's pretty good for the price. Looking forward to seeing what thr M5 brings to the table.

Sep 3, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #11,313 of 62,440
I'm interested to see the reviews, but I have some of their other gear and I'm not a huge fan of their house sound. It seems like they're going to be rather expensive ($129 super early bird), so hopefully they can live up to the price tag. No volume control has been confirmed, and the case looks a lot like the KZ metal one but looks much bigger. So probably a pass for me.

Unless someone comes up with a fantastic sound and battery life, I'm happy with relatively inexpensive buds I have - KZ, Mpow and Tranyas are plenty good for me.

Sep 3, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #11,314 of 62,440
I'm interested to see the reviews, but I have some of their other gear and I'm not a huge fan of their house sound. It seems like they're going to be rather expensive ($129 super early bird), so hopefully they can live up to the price tag. No volume control has been confirmed, and the case looks a lot like the KZ metal one but looks much bigger. So probably a pass for me.

Unless someone comes up with a fantastic sound and battery life, I'm happy with relatively inexpensive buds I have - KZ, Mpow and Tranyas are plenty good for me.

I though the case was similar to the KZ as well. $129 super early bird - yikes! That's aggressive pricing there. I would want a hybrid setup for that price.

Sep 3, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #11,315 of 62,440
UTAXO TWS

Not bad, not bad at all. Initial impressions:

PROS
- Nice metal case. Slides open with a nice spring loaded mechanism. Micro USB, but I knew that going in.
- There is a nice little pouch to protect that nice metal case.
- Full touch controls (play/pause, track fwd/rev, vol +/-).
- AAC support. Not sure if it's a Realtek Soc or an Airoha.
- Sound is clean, crisp, and very balanced. This would satisfy the budget audiophile.
- Good call quality. People reported I sounded loud & clear, albeit slightly "electronic".

CONS
- Not for bassheads. They are not bass deficient, but they don't have that thump common with most mainstream consumer products. However, using the Bass Boost EQ in Spotify (iOS) works well and the drivers have no issues handling it.
- Slight white noise, but it's not distracting. I notice it, but it's minor and Doesn't distract from purely acoustic guitar/vocal tracks.
- Touch controls are a little fumbly. Two taps to pause/play, but if it only registers one of them, it'll raise or lower the volume (depending which earbud you press).

Let me amend my feedback now that I've had more time with them.

- The white noise is a bit louder than I had originally perceived it to be. In a completely silent environment (initial impressions were in typical household noise with 4 other people), it's louder than I initially perceived it to be. A little distracting.
- As it relates to touch controls, I found that instead of tapping, swipe motions were more effective. However, I still found it did not have the best response.
- As I listened to more tracks, boosting the bass was not an option, as there were a fair number of songs that caused distortion. That may be more due to the manner in which the software EQ is implemented in Spotify (iOS). However, the sound is a little to "flat" for my taste.

All-in-all, these are a no-go for me.

Sep 3, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #11,316 of 62,440
Initial impression of the OFUSHO F16 was not great. they sound a lot more muddy than the B530's, 359's T3 and T5, but then again the 530's and the T3's are pretty bright. Bass and mid bass is quite good and they do have some sparkle, but they are missing some maybe high mids? I can't place it.They sound stage is average and the definition is maybe a bit above average. Comfort wise they are a little bulky and the ear stabilizer? or whatever they are called are just kind of annoying and they aren't removable. controls are good and I kind of like that long pressing adjusts the volume, but it makes it tricky to just go one up/ one down. My biggest complaint is that you have to put them back in the cradle to power them off. I'll keep listening to them, but they aren't bad for $35, but probably should be $25-30? I'm interested to hear others thoughts.
The listing says there are touch controls, but you seem to suggest they are buttons ("pressing"). Is that the case? I'm partial to touch controls because physical buttons often re-seat the 'buds and make re-adjustment necessary.

Sep 3, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #11,317 of 62,440
Ordered these with a promo code (8L2NI5L3) that brings them down to $31. Hopefully these will hit the spot! I haven't had good luck with earbuds that have metal cases (except for the MW07), so going back to the ol' plastic case!

upload_2019-9-3_12-49-3.png

Sep 3, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #11,320 of 62,440
Ordered these with a promo code (8L2NI5L3) that brings them down to $31. Hopefully these will hit the spot! I haven't had good luck with earbuds that have metal cases (except for the MW07), so going back to the ol' plastic case!

You may need to check yourself in to HA (headphones Anonymous). Lol. You must know your delivery people on a first name basis.

Sep 3, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #11,321 of 62,440
continuing my thoughts on the OFUSHO F16.
IMG_8802.jpg IMG_8803.jpg IMG_8804 (1).jpg IMG_8806.jpg IMG_8807.jpg IMG_8808.jpg
Listening to audiobooks I notice there's a lot of mid bass in male voices, so it's not really the absence of highs, they are a little rolled off at the top, It's more that there is a lot of low and mid mid bass.
Is there a name for the sound when you can hear the bass reverberating in the shell? like when you speak into a cup. because these F16's sound like that when i'm listening to an audio book at 60%. In music the snare drums on tracks have decent depth and good presence in the mix, but they are missing some attack at the top that make them sound really exciting. Same with chunky distorted guitars, plenty of powerful low end, but the attack is missing. I listened to a bunch of 311 songs from several albums. the drummer uses a piccolo snare which is famously bright, full of attack and has a signature piccolo ring. The bass is mixed is typically very low. I can actually hear more of the finger picking mid bass tones and less sub bass , the ring of the snare is there but it's missing that "CRACK" on tracks like Down and Beautiful Disaster and Come Original. Also, listened to the new Tool Album and All the high end is just veiled especially Danny's insane tom work. There is some noticeable mid bass bleed during the heavier parts. This just pisses me off, they are so close to being sensational.

Fit: These buds are BIG, they stick out of my ears. I was able to remove the rubber housing and the stabilizer, but it doesn't help much. The 2200mah case is pretty nice, but heavy. Probably 25% bigger than the T5 case. it's small for the large battery capacity, but you can't turn these damn things off w/o putting them in the case. Who the hell wants to carry a large around with them? I typically just carry my buds behind my ears or in my pocket all day.

connection: I had some weird connection issues when i answered a call, the headphones disconnected, then went into pairing mode, then connected.The right ear was audible on the call and then a couple seconds later the left ear kicked. As far ask pairing the F16 auto connects to my devices quickly and I haven't experienced any pairing issues etc. Funny, i've had similar problems with my T5 which also has the same chipset.

All in all, The more I listened to these, the more I enjoyed them. The low end of these are REALLY good, they are well built, but they are just to bulky and muddy for my taste and it's a real struggle to get them to fit comfortably. I prefer the sparkle of the T5 and the T3 and compared to these and 359's they sound veiled in the upper mids and treble. Give me the Anbes 359 ALL DAY.
For $35 they are a great deal. Aptx, ipx7, volume control and voice assistant especially if you have other devices you want to charge with the large case. I've been using Tidal masters to test out headphones lately and I can honestly tell the difference in sound quality especially via aptx. tidal desktop has an exclusive mode that only uses the sound output for Tidal, pretty cool.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #11,323 of 62,440
I think I need to go too! I have 14 pair now :disappointed_relieved: Glad my wife doesn't know how many I have. :grimacing:
14?! That's it?! Get with the program, soldier!

Nice impressions on the OFUSHO F16. Sounds like a good starter pair and a nice gift for someone that hasn't gone TWS yet.

Sep 3, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #11,324 of 62,440
Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #11,325 of 62,440
Look nice and a touch control version of the Mifo O5 with a USB-C case. Price seems decent too. Looks like they've gone Realtek or Airoha for the SoC (which I personally don't mind, but I know some want aptX).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back