Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 16, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #10,591 of 62,311
Great, if you're looking for a warm, relaxed, forgiving sound signature and listen mostly at low to medium volume. IMO less suited for commuting and high volume listening.
Thanks. I guess I like that sound. But they are very tip dependent. With the Silicones provided, a bit bright to me, but with foam tips, much better. I don't listen much at high volumes but they seem to really do a good job out and about, though I have not used them commuting per se or on travel. I am lucky the supplied foam tips work for my small ear canals. Too bad they don't offer larger foam tips in the kit. But thanks! Much appreciate your perspective. I agree with your assessment, though city street sounds are muted enough for walking. Will see how it goes on a noisy train or plane.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #10,592 of 62,311
Going down the AliX clickhole again, seeing if there is anything new / exciting out there ... but most seems to be rehashes of existing parts, with some attempts a new factors ...

This one caught my eye first because of that same Mifo / KZT1 hinge on the box ... and then I saw that it has USB-C & wireless charging! ... and all that for 20$
Which leads me to believe that maybe only the case is all new, but those buds might be some unpopular leftovers, they do not convince me a bit ... but hey, orange is pretty!

twsorange.jpg

And here is a different approach to the UFO case design ... kinda like it :wink:

twsufo.jpg

But what I would really like ... some smaller buds, like the Haylou GT1 ... or the Anbes 359 and then some smaller ... like bullet or torpedo shaped :wink:

Another current development I am not too fond of are those cases doubling as battery packs, with bigger and bigger mAh numbers ... 2100, 3000, 4000 ... this makes those cases too heavy imho ... of, if they want to offer this, why not create a second lite case, no battery, just some kind of contacts that turn the buds off and magnets to keep em in ... just some extra secure storage ... I would love to create such a lite case for the KZ T1, 3D printing comes to mind, a field in which I have 0 experience ...

Anyone else finding anything? Or we are just all waiting for QC5xxx to hit?

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #10,594 of 62,311
Received the mpow’s today from the Amazon deal. Looking forward to comparing them to the qcy-t1 and tranya t3. Hoping they are somewhere in the middle of those. The value per $ for today’s tws is simply amazing. Have not used my wired iem’s in a long time.

Aug 16, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #10,595 of 62,311
Returning the Nuarl. They sound good, but they're not much better than my Cowon KY02 or MPOW T5 (which are both very good). For $160, it's just too much cheap plastic and I just didn't feel I was getting anything exceptional, either in function or build. If they were $99, I'd probably keep them.

You know that girl you like? You know, the one that's no good for you, but you still want her so bad anyway and she's "gonna change"? Well, that's the MW07. I just purchased the White Marble color at $249 that I'm hoping is a newer build and they quietly put in a better battery. I'm a moron.

upload_2019-8-16_17-10-14.png

Aug 16, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #10,596 of 62,311
Returning the Nuarl. They sound good, but they're not much better than my Cowon KY02 or MPOW T5 (which are both very good). For $160, it's just too much cheap plastic and I just didn't feel I was getting anything exceptional, either in function or build. If they were $99, I'd probably keep them.

You know that girl you like? You know, the one that's no good for you, but you still want her so bad anyway and she's "gonna change"? Well, that's the MW07. I just purchased the White Marble color at $249 that I'm hoping is a newer build and they quietly put in a better battery. I'm a moron.

I'll be giving the Sony Wf1000xm3 a try hopefully next, they are sold out everywhere at least around here. I went to best buy yesterday and they might get some on the 23rd.
Good luck on the MW07, is this your 4th try?

Aug 16, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #10,597 of 62,311

Where did you get the white for 250. They are sexy af. Edit i see. Amazon sale. Goddamn it! Must resist.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #10,599 of 62,311
I'll be giving the Sony Wf1000xm3 a try hopefully next, they are sold out everywhere at least around here. I went to best buy yesterday and they might get some on the 23rd.
I’ve been using the Sony’s since they came out and I’m very happy with them. The app stinks, but it does have an equalizer to fix the default sound. I’m coming from the MW07s, which I love, but they don’t have the battery life or hear through which I need. I think the Sony stands toe to toe with the top dogs easily. I have tried the senns, but took them back because of the battery drain. I figure these things have a very short life span due to the battery, and having something draining like that will just cut their life much quicker than their competitors. As far as sound, I think the sony’s sound pretty awesome. I set the eq at bright and then adjusted it from there. I haven’t missed the MW07s. Sony does have to put out a firmware to fix a few things, but for me it’s a winner so far.

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #10,600 of 62,311
No 359 eh. That's right u got fake ones. Happy vacation.
Yeah I noticed that too. I thought Anbes was out of business until I saw that Qi-charging ugly thing (mainly it's the eartips that look bad).

Also, the UiiSii does not have USB Type C.

After a week of using the BE30 Air, I'll soon make final impressions. After modding the filters they sound more balanced. They remind me a bit of Takstar Pro 82 except with no treble peak. Needless to say the problem is not the sound quality but the modifications to the controls and excessive voice messages. (in addition to that British woman heard in many TWS, we also hear what sounds like Ms. Google's voice stretched "maxxximumm volumeee" or "forward/reverse"). I still can't figure out volume controls vs Coolhere UFO.

I also did some more troubleshooting with the Jabees Firefly Pro. It doesn't exhibit the distortion on SBC with my old Sony Xperia Z5, which only has BT 4.1, which leads me to suspect the problem I encountered on my Note 9 and laptop is restricted to BT 5.0 sources. Sometimes it sounds fine for minutes but once I play an upbeat song I hear the distortion (for example, during the sax solo of My Leaving by Kenichiro Nishihara) I had noticed the channels were a bit imbalanced before, but to my liking (left one has a bit more bass, right a bit more treble) but recently the filter on the left has started wearing out and the treble seems to be getting a bit brighter... The filter is made of a stringy felt with so it's difficult to take it off without damaging it. Overall, the Firefly Pro has bone-shattering bass while the Air is more neutral. The Firefly actually seems to resolve more detail with a treble peak, but it also amplifies inherent crackling found in the source track (listen to Murmuration by Blue Wednesday, for example).

Currently I use the Jabees as my phone's daily driver on the go, while the Air is more ideal for PC.

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #10,601 of 62,311
I contacted Earin a few days back and they responded with "we are working on New innovative products" and that they are unable to give a release date.
I will be one of the first to buy anything they release as its good stuff. I love my Earin M2. They are one of my main go to's.

Aug 17, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #10,603 of 62,311
4th time's a charm!

I'm going to give the WF-1000XM3 a run once they're in stock. The only thing that I'm not a fan of right from the get go, is the fact it does not have volume control.

Aug 17, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #10,604 of 62,311
Where did you get the white for 250. They are sexy af. Edit i see. Amazon sale. Goddamn it! Must resist.
I know, once I saw the price for that color, I had to pull the trigger. I'm hoping the newer colors do better with battery. Testing at the moment...

Aug 17, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #10,605 of 62,311
So for a runner, who needs a stable BT connection to a Garmin watch, and a good fit so they stay put, would you guys suggest the MPOW T5 or the Cowin KY02?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
I haven't had an issue with either when connected to my iPhone Xs Max. That being said, the Cowin KY02 fit a little better for me and stick out less. I'd consider them more stable and better suited for running. The both sound great and support AAC, so either way, you can't lose. If you need calls, the MPOW T5 handles those quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back