Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 17, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #10,606 of 62,573
So for a runner, who needs a stable BT connection to a Garmin watch, and a good fit so they stay put, would you guys suggest the MPOW T5 or the Cowin KY02?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Never connected any buds to apple watch (my Garmin does not do music), but I find the Mpow to be rock solid connected to iPhone 7Plus and they also stay very nicely in my ears, as do the Tranya T3 which I rocked today for 8K :wink: they have a tad more bass umpf which is nice for my running music

Aug 17, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #10,607 of 62,573
I haven't had an issue with either when connected to my iPhone Xs Max. That being said, the Cowin KY02 fit a little better for me and stick out less. I'd consider them more stable and better suited for running. The both sound great and support AAC, so either way, you can't lose. If you need calls, the MPOW T5 handles those quite well.

Thanks for this advice!

Aug 17, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #10,610 of 62,573
Aug 17, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #10,611 of 62,573
There is a reason why ear clip phones aren't really popular anymore. Even most snap the Koss one's onto the headband. Even at a good price not sure about the decision to go that form factor. Who really wants it ?

Aug 17, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #10,613 of 62,573
Not much discussion on these

https://humanheadphones.com/catalog...GbOyi1eBR5_vjrK5GU2aRvJYkRIe1mrT6Q8Ysp-jkyx78

They look kinda cool. Not sure about 399 and bt 4.2. They would have to sound amazing for me to spend that. Plus they look kinda weird. Not sure what advantage these offer over an regular over ear bt set of cans. Anyone trying these? 399 is over my “why the hell not” price.
Looks like one of the features is that it can translate, so if both people are using the headphones, it will translate the convo. Cool, but no instance I would use it.

My guess is that they're stuck with BT 4.2 via purchase agreements due to the time they lingered in development.

A review here, but take it with a grain of salt. The writer states the mics were "too superior" because they picked up his roommate's conversation 10 feet away. Um, that's not "superior", that's just bad implementation of mics and cVc or similar technology. Not sure if anyone has tried the mics on the Bose 700 Headphones, but they are really good in isolating your voice and dampening all background noise. Quite impressive, actually.

At $399, I don't see a compelling reason to jump ship over to "Human".

Aug 17, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #10,614 of 62,573
Not much discussion on these

https://humanheadphones.com/catalog...GbOyi1eBR5_vjrK5GU2aRvJYkRIe1mrT6Q8Ysp-jkyx78

They look kinda cool. Not sure about 399 and bt 4.2. They would have to sound amazing for me to spend that. Plus they look kinda weird. Not sure what advantage these offer over an regular over ear bt set of cans. Anyone trying these? 399 is over my “why the hell not” price.

I don't see any means of adjustment with these. Ears come in many different sizes and shapes, and with clip-ons, even a small change in placement can cause a huge change in sound.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #10,615 of 62,573
Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #10,616 of 62,573
Just saw that I can get a $30 discount on the Onemore Stylish earbuds - $69.

Better to go with them for my needs?
I'm not sure what your needs are, but I have a like new pair of black 1more stylishs' that is a week old, I've used them maybe 2x-3x for an hour total. I don't like the fit. I'd be happy to send them your way for $50 plus shipping. DM me if you're interested. IMG_8671_crop.jpg IMG_8669_crop.jpg IMG_8672_crop.jpg IMG_8670_crop.jpg

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #10,617 of 62,573
I'm not sure what your needs are, but I have a like new pair of black 1more stylishs' that is a week old, I've used them maybe 2x-3x for an hour total. I don't like the fit. I'd be happy to send them your way for $50 plus shipping. DM me if you're interested.

Thanks a lot for the offer - I appreciate it.

I pulled the trigger on the MPow T5's earlier today. I certainly hope they measure up to the reviews. I wanted good, affordable TWS earbuds suited for working out and running. The Corwin KY02's were an impossibly close second. If the MPow T5's don't work for me, I am going for the Corwin KY02's. There are so many excellent options available to those buyers who look under the hood for good value/deals. I am glad I came back to this site to do some learning. Head-fi is an excellent resource.

I'll report back next week on the MPow T5's.

<edited to fix the MPow T5 model. Sorry about that!>

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #10,618 of 62,573
Thanks a lot for the offer - I appreciate it.

I pulled the trigger on the MPow T5's earlier today. I certainly hope they measure up to the reviews. I wanted good, affordable TWS earbuds suited for working out and running. The Corwin KY02's were an impossibly close second. If the MPow T5's don't work for me, I am going for the Corwin KY02's. There are so many excellent options available to those buyers who look under the hood for good value/deals. I am glad I came back to this site to do some learning. Head-fi is an excellent resource.

I'll report back next week on the MPow T5's.

<edited to fix the MPow T5 model. Sorry about that!>

I can't vouch for using them for running, but the T5 sound great and have a super solid connection!

Aug 17, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #10,619 of 62,573
My mpow t5 arrived yesterday. These definitely impressed me. For 30 bucks, I probably haven’t heard anything better in sub 150 category. I think you’d have to go to the rha or Bose to find something that sounds better and the the T5 is close. I wasn’t a believer in the chifi stuff but I am now. The t5 and kz T1 are really excellent. Almost makes spending more money seem silly. The big boys need to up their game.

Aug 17, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #10,620 of 62,573
My 359's are on their last legs, one of them had a broken case so I superglue it and sanded it and the buttons fell off. I needed a replacement, so I got the mpow t5

Now my main problem is that twice now the left earbud has disconnected and powered off after an hour of use or so, do you think it is defective? The right earbud works as advertised so I'm questioning whether replacing the tips with spinfits was causing a charging issue, I'll switch to the stock tops later today. Hopefully I don't have to send these back

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back