Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 15, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #10,561 of 62,572
Aug 15, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #10,562 of 62,572
Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #10,563 of 62,572
I picked up a set of the Tennmak Whirlwind eartips someone recommended a few pages back. These are way more comfortable than the stock Mpow T5 eartips! Sound is great too! I feel like the bass is slightly more powerful, and I don't feel like I lost anything on the high end either. Definitely recommend!

I still have a few packs of different kinds of eartips on the way from China, so I'll try those out when they get here, but these are definitely worth the money, in my opinion.

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #10,564 of 62,572
Yeah, what sucks for me is the wrap-around-ear fit just doesn't work. My ears are "normal" in shape and size, but I can never get them either comfortable OR sealed very well. It may just be my ear canals are a bit more angled in a way that's not compatible with the range of fit typical with that design.

my ear canal are also angled a bit, it's different enough that it's visible when looking at the mirror while wearing IEMs, especially more pronounced with deep insertions like the Etymotics. i usually resort to wide and stubby eartips for most of my IEMs so it's more of a shallow insertion. still, i find that using the BT20s are really comfortable, i just have to form the cable one time with heat, and it would stay nicely.

for me personally, any TWS over $100 would be a tough buy, let alone the over 200s, because other than the WF1000XM3 that have ANC tech, the other ones would compete directly with the BT20s combos.

this one that i use as my EDC is about the same ballpark as the MW07 in price (cheaper even), and it would deliver the same or better sound and longer battery

20190816_074809.jpg

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #10,565 of 62,572
I picked up a set of the Tennmak Whirlwind eartips someone recommended a few pages back. These are way more comfortable than the stock Mpow T5 eartips! Sound is great too! I feel like the bass is slightly more powerful, and I don't feel like I lost anything on the high end either. Definitely recommend!

I still have a few packs of different kinds of eartips on the way from China, so I'll try those out when they get here, but these are definitely worth the money, in my opinion.

glad you like it! it's some of the underappreciated eartips (along with the KZ starline tips) that sounds great. i personally use it on several of my IEMs with the inner ribs removed (snipped it with scissors) if i need a more snug fit

Aug 15, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #10,566 of 62,572
I am having trouble with my Mifo O5, they won't pair to each other anymore!

I think I read about this here before, but can't find it.

Been going through the motions of in / out the case, manually power off / on ... trying the manual 'get into pairing mode' ... making all ext devices that ever handshook with them forget them and try new pair ... last time it took me 15 minutes of fiddling around and i finally had them paired again ... listen to music for an hour, back in the case ... this morning same issue and I just don't have the time / patience to go through all that again

Also did that long reset press and consulted the manual

Any other smart ideas? Anything substantial I am overlooking?

Aug 16, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #10,568 of 62,572
I want to get some quick thoughts out while they're fresh.

I currently have in my posession:
Nuarl NT01AX Metallic Black ($160ish)
Mpow T5 ($45ish)
Anbes 359 (I forget)
Syllable S101

and I appreciate them in that order. The Nuarl are special - I even like that they don't have magnets and physically push the buds into the charging pins - and the sound is engaging, full, detailed - with sub-bass and bass that does not cloud the detail of voices.. I admit I did have to play around with EQ to get the sound I really wanted - but they are comfortable and are very.... simple. They do have some connection hiccups - which may be why I send them back - but otherwise they are the best I've tried for sound (MTW were better, but turned off by bugs/issues and I sent it back) and the Nuarl do quite well for phone calls for me as well. The case is mall enough to put in my pocket.

Mpow T5 - Fun sound, very bassy, quite good - though I did not find it as engaging. It is as though the sound was a little more contained and lacked the ability to hit the low-end to give you a send of space below the bassier notes. It's "punchy" - and I have yet to try it for calls - but the IP rating is very interesting to me.

The Anbes are really just solid - and I'd say the Mpow have more bass - but everyone here knows what a solid, portable, simple set these are.

Syllable S101 - I like these - but I would have returned them if I could have. My main issue with them is persistent driver flex when putting on/adjusting. The sound is good, if not distinctive. I mainly use them as my "work" TWS to listen to white noise while working or for video calls.

I have tried and returned:
Sabbat E12, Tranya T3, Sony WF-1000Xm3, MTW, Mavin Air-X,

Anyway, interested to see what comes next, and will keep evaluating the current stable. :darthsmile:

Why returned the tranya 3?

Aug 16, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #10,569 of 62,572
Oof, where did I find that IP4 rating. I honestly don't know anymore. :frowning2:

The bass of the T3 is way heavier. Digs deeper too.
Thanks
Best color!

Like’em so much that for my last marathon back in December I also got the 6xx model with BT, so I could also play music from phone. They had a special sale at the SG marathon expo. Also, nice yellow :wink:

What bums me out a bit though is that the charging sleds for these are NOT interchangeable!

We are now returning to TWS :wink:

Which model are thar sony? Can really listen to music under water?

Aug 16, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #10,570 of 62,572
https://penonaudio.com/lypertek-tevi.html
https://www.lypertek.com/tevi
http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/reviews/lypertek-tevi-true-wireless-earphone-review/
If you like all boxes checked...
Sound, 10h battery, AptX/AAC, Usb-c, ipx7, good fit, nice charging case, graphene driver and some Unicorn dust... :) And volume control...They have even scented the charging case with a ladies perfume :)

Everybody is talking about Mpow, KZ T1 etc all the time. Don't understand that no one will try out these...
If only it had ambient aware and wireless charging they would have been gold. I saw some impressions here the connection quality is disappointing for BT5.0.

I noticed my phone has a death grip of sorts where if I touch the top-left edge near the volume buttons audio will stutter with some of my Bluetooth devices - the Firefly Pro seems immune to this but it happened on the Sabbat E12 and Earfun Free, and to a lesser extent the BE30 UFO.

Aug 16, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #10,571 of 62,572
Do people really really listen to music while swimming ? I can't remember the last time I even went swimming. Also I feel the signal degradation from ear to ear will definitely suffer, Also downloading music to a device with only 4-8 gbs reminds me of 2008.

Aug 16, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #10,572 of 62,572
Which model are thar sony? Can really listen to music under water?

Not wanting to get too off topic here, but these models are those 2:

Amazon_com__sony_waterproof.jpg

The main difference being that the 413 model is 'only' a walkman and plays music from internal memory, you cannot connect any other source. The 623 model can connect to any BT source, but keep in mind that BT does not travel well under water (this model ALSO has internal memory, which I use when swimming laps, when running I use BT to phone)

Both come with 2 different eartip sets, the one for swimming actually has a silicon membrane that covers the ear nozzle which slightly muffles the sound but we are not hopping into the pool for critical listening, are we?
This keeps them totally waterproof.

On a side note, for those really fast swimmers: forget listening to audiobooks, as your fast arm swoosh swooosh sound will overpower spoken word ... stick to motivating EDM tracks :)

I also like to point out that personally for me the fit and ease of wearing them (and easy to take out one side with one hand while running to listen to someone asking you stuff) are fantastic and one of those is always my back up pair in the gym back ...

Aug 16, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #10,573 of 62,572
After weeeeks of testing and comparing, I’m going to write my Top 5 best sounding true wireless earphones under $50 today.

Anyone willing to place bets? :p

Aug 16, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #10,574 of 62,572
Are you talking about the WFXM3? It didn't meet my expectations or I was basically disappointed with them. ANC is a joke, and I think it's not a real ANC like the full-sized WHXM3, and reality is that it's too difficult to make areal working high quality ANC in an iem. It sounds like the cancelling waves on the low-end was cancelling the subs. That ANC is nowhere on the level of full-sized. I don't like the elongated size of the earpieces (reminds me of duchey looking BT earpieces from back in the days). SQ isn't really good as these Youtube reviewers are hyping them up to be. It's not even better than cheap wired dynamic driver iems.

The main issue that I have with TW is that the amps are not driving these dynamic drivers hard enough to get good sound quality. Bass was a bit mushy and the treble sounded uneven, and like usual, low separation of sounds. Yeah, not paying $230 for them as I'm fine with the 65t that I paid less than half of that amount for. For this level of SQ, I just need 'good enough for the gym' level. I know there are much terrible ones out there (peaky treble or overpowering low-end that skews the tonality), but as long as the tonality is fairly balanced, they are good enough for their deeds. Other than gym, rest of my time is with wired because of simplicity of no charging and plug and play, and most importantly, sound quality.[/QUOTE The ANC was the biggest reason i had for keeping the WF1000Xm3s. But ultimately, i wasn't crazy about the style after all, the touchpads are still a work in progress as far as toggling through normal, ambiant and ANC, but fine for play pause and track navigation as well as summoning your Voice assistent of choice. i was able to get SQ to a pretty good sound, though with some tracks even at 50% volume and lower, i did hear some distortion in the low end. bass was not high at all in the EQ, maybe a 2. Can't remember the track for sure where i first noticed it, but i have an idea of one specificly i heard it on. if i can successfully jog my memory i'll share which track it was. Tonality, really just soundwise over all, the Momentums have far mor capable drivers though with the worst EQ option ever. But i have found a sound i really like with them via the app so can't complain i suppose.
The t5s are sadly going back as well. i dropped one in the shower the other day, the right one, and now even after drying it right away, i still have a channel imbalance between left and right. which is a shame because i really liked these all things considered. So for the time being i'll keep rocking the momentums and the 359s. 2 great purchases i need to be happy with and stop looking for other TWS to add to the rotation.

Aug 16, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #10,575 of 62,572
After weeeeks of testing and comparing, I’m going to write my Top 5 best sounding true wireless earphones under $50 today.

Anyone willing to place bets? :p
I'm willing to bet money the Mpow T5 and KZ T1 will be towards the top if you're just judging sound quality :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back