Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 22, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #9,392 of 62,858
I'm interested in the Shanling BA IEM's - Knowles BA's and all.... either that or the 1more hybrid TWS that are "coming out soon" (whenever that is)...
I'll see if the T5's are in the budget... maybe I'll put them up for sale after...

Life with a newborn doesn't exactly leave much time to write reviews... still need to do my Tranya T3 review

Edit:
Actually, I keep forgetting about the Edifier TWS... maybe do those instead of the MPOW's? Thoughts?
Congrats dad. I'd say try the MPOW and return it if they suck. Or buy both and return them both haha. No volume on Shangling is a turnoff to me. I bet they will sound good though.

Jul 22, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #9,394 of 62,858
Congrats dad. I'd say try the MPOW and return it if they suck. Or buy both and return them both haha. No volume on Shangling is a turnoff to me. I bet they will sound good though.

Well Edifier are from AliExpress, so no returns there.... But I'll think about it

Jul 22, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #9,395 of 62,858
Ordred the Mopow T5 on lighting deal .

Anyone know anything about these ? They are coming up on deal in 9 hours .
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R413QB..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=BZ8EV8WQ0T73NSR3ZJDX

http://mebuyz.com/proinfo.aspx?id=28
Yeah, I do. They suck. Really weak sound. Like a hose with dribbling water. Really tinny sound. Like cheap value store earbuds. "Does the driver have a magnet?" type of impression.
IMG_2253.jpg

Jul 22, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #9,396 of 62,858
Well Edifier are from AliExpress, so no returns there.... But I'll think about it
Or buy and gift them to Me. Serious I know you want them, so get them.

Jul 22, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #9,397 of 62,858
My two pair of Anbes 359 arrived from Anbes Audiocart AliExpress store. They are gifts but I tried one out briefly.

The boxes are not labelled with any names, white light charging colour on the charging puck, named as Air in pairing mode, and can't figure out volume control. Instructions suggest a double tap but that brings up the assistant.

Brief audio impressions - they sound similar to my OG Anbes 359 which I did not like at first but grew on me over time.
Try holding the buttons 4-5 sec to change volume, but not too long before they power off. That seems to be the case for Coolhere UFO and Yineme BE30.

Jul 22, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #9,399 of 62,858
Time for a Tally guys. I own 6 TWS(See my sig) so far and you all??? Also any plans to add more and if yes what model. Go.

right now I'm using 5 TWS and two BT20/BT20S combo. there's also one more that's now commandeered by my wife (one of the X12)

ooh, and i also got one 1more stylish incoming, because why the heck not :ksc75smile:

Just received my WF-1000XM3. These things are seriously good. Glad I have come to the end of my search for wireless earphones (famous last words! lol).

farewell friend, we'll see you again next week :o2smile:

Jul 22, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #9,400 of 62,858
I've been intrigued by these TWE's lately, but haven't taken the plunge. I was under the impression that the sound quality suffered too much with wireless solutions. And the early BT headphones weren't really "wireless" so that was never appealing. I'm not sure why I need TWE's since I have a few wired IEMs and over ear headphones, but I might have to satisfy my newfound curiosity. Besides, the right number of headphones = N+1, right?

From reading here, it seems like the Tranya T3 is well regarded and relatively inexpensive. How does the Tranya T1-Pro compare? I'd say I have medium sized ears, so I think either one would work size-wise. Or is there something better (more neutral, or just slightly bass heavy) in the same price range?

Jul 22, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #9,401 of 62,858
I've been intrigued by these TWE's lately, but haven't taken the plunge. I was under the impression that the sound quality suffered too much with wireless solutions. And the early BT headphones weren't really "wireless" so that was never appealing. I'm not sure why I need TWE's since I have a few wired IEMs and over ear headphones, but I might have to satisfy my newfound curiosity. Besides, the right number of headphones = N+1, right?

From reading here, it seems like the Tranya T3 is well regarded and relatively inexpensive. How does the Tranya T1-Pro compare? I'd say I have medium sized ears, so I think either one would work size-wise. Or is there something better (more neutral, or just slightly bass heavy) in the same price range?

I think the T3 and T1-PRO actually have a slightly different sound, with the T3'S coming out on top. They're actually my favorite pair right now.... And my review will be up later tonight

Jul 22, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #9,402 of 62,858

my first foray into TWE started with zolo liberty plus kickstarter. those were nice/ok at the time (2+ years ago), but eventually it had some issues and kicked the bucket and the next thing I got were the Sony 1000XM3. those were great/excellent, but then summer came along (say, a month or two ago) and I just couldn't bear wearing the headset in the heat anymore, so it was either go back to wired IEMs or look for something to replace my old liberty plus. I ended up in this here thread, and the rest is history. Since then, I've ended up with 4 $30-50 TWEs, and potentially a fifth incoming. It has been a fun ride. Definitely nice to see this thread continue to evolve as this tech also continues to evolve. That said, I'd say sound quality and connectivity is way better than it was when TWEs started to show up. It's nice to not have a wire to be bothered with for a commute, workout, or just doing some chores around the house.

I have T3, bassy pair. i personally switch around between that and the anbes359. Most of the replies that i've seen say that T1-Pro is maybe a tad less bass in comparison. mpow t5 has been getting some hype lately in that price range, which also happens to have an amazon lightning deal right now for 3 more hours: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SR1FTD4/

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #9,404 of 62,858
My two pair of Anbes 359 arrived from Anbes Audiocart AliExpress store. They are gifts but I tried one out briefly.

The boxes are not labelled with any names, white light charging colour on the charging puck, named as Air in pairing mode, and can't figure out volume control. Instructions suggest a double tap but that brings up the assistant.

Brief audio impressions - they sound similar to my OG Anbes 359 which I did not like at first but grew on me over time.
So getting from this store is legit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back