Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 22, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #9,376 of 61,349
Hey guys!

I'm quite new to this TWS world and I've been thinking of buying my first pair.

What do you feel are the most balanced sounding ones, under 50$/50€?

Thanks!

Jul 22, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #9,377 of 61,349
Here's my QCY T3 review. And whoah. It sounds bloody sensational....

QCY T3 review vs QCY T1 QS2 QS1.jpg
... when you get the fit right

Jul 22, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #9,378 of 61,349
I received my faux "Anbes 359".

First things first:

No Anbes on Bluetooth device, but "Air".
No blue light, it's white.
No volume control.
I can't move to the previous track with the controls.
If I press the right earphone too hard it switches off instead of going to the next track.

Sound-wise:

HUGE soundstage, the bass is punchy but seems controlled to me, mids are okay, highs too.

I am a bit mad because of the USELESS controls.

I'll ask the seller for a partial refund.

I also received the QCY on the same day, I'll try them tomorrow.
You mean the volume control just doesn't work? On mine you have to hold ~4 seconds until you hear a FAINT beep (sometimes it doesn't, so check your device's volume level to see if it changes).

I bargained with the seller for a second one at a discounted price, but seeing that you didn't get Coolhere UFO I might get something else again... Don't mind keeping it for the case among other things, but if the second one has the same sound defect I will file a dispute.

I noticed another issue with the Earfun Free. Sometimes after extended use, the channels will desync slightly leading to a slight faux stereo effect. It's very subtle unlike what happens with Astrotec S60, but the midrange loses a bit of forwardness and the bass sounds loose. The only way to reset this is to either re-pair the device or go into developer options and select the codec option (you don't need to change it but I presume only using SBC might fix this).

I need my Beatles in mono, might as well just use one bud then...

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #9,380 of 61,349
Sounds like these were pretty close to stealing the throne, if only it wasn't for the fit/stem design. How would you rank them purely from an audio perspective?
Have yet to compare them better with the Mpow T5 but definitely up there with the best. Great instrument placement and stage, sweet bass and detail.

Jul 22, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #9,381 of 61,349
Ok, can't seem to attach the screenshot from my phone...

Funcl AI: on now
https://amzn.to/2Ob4HJT

Funcl W1: in an hour and 20 (10:45am PST)
https://amzn.to/2K2998a

MPOW T5: in 4.5 hours (2:00pm PST)
https://amzn.to/2Stt4Rm

Anbes (2019 model) 358: in 8.5 hours (5:55pm PST)
https://amzn.to/2Lzpepd

So the MPOW's are on for $38.24.... starting in a few minutes for non-Prime and already 10% sold out...

Must keep big picture in mind... must not purchase... just think of Shanlings... or hybrid 1more's.... must not click "buy"....

@actorlife are you going to break? lol

Jul 22, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #9,382 of 61,349
Hey guys!

I'm quite new to this TWS world and I've been thinking of buying my first pair.

What do you feel are the most balanced sounding ones, under 50$/50€?

Thanks!

Judging by your IEM collection, I would suggest TRN BT20... half price of what you're looking for, and then you can use all your favorite IEM's with them.

I would suggest Tranya T3's, but they're a little on the bassy side... Anbes 359 (Kissral R18) are fantastic if you can find them.

Jul 22, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #9,384 of 61,349
Time for a Tally guys. I own 6 TWS(See my sig) so far and you all??? Also any plans to add more and if yes what model. Go.

I'm at 3 at the moment:
1. Tranya T3
2. Anbes 359
3. Tiso i4

had to send my mifo's back, so now I'm waIting for a really nice Knowles BA / hybrid set

Edit:
4. TRN BT20 - just realised that I forgot about this... LOL
Guess I don't use them very much :D

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #9,385 of 61,349
So the MPOW's are on for $38.24.... starting in a few minutes for non-Prime and already 10% sold out...

Must keep big picture in mind... must not purchase... just think of Shanlings... or hybrid 1more's.... must not click "buy"....

@actorlife are you going to break? lol
We just came back at the same time haha. I saw 38(thought maybe $30-35)and was gonna post. How many hour battery do they have 7/8? Not buying must go back to girl watching. Bahaha.

Jul 22, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #9,386 of 61,349
Screenshot_20190722-133250.png
Someone on Reddit posted this earlier today showing the frequency response with each EQ setting in the Galaxy wear app on the Galaxy Buds.

Jul 22, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #9,387 of 61,349
I'm at 3 at the moment:
1. Tranya T3
2. Anbes 359
3. Tiso i4

had to send my mifo's back, so now I'm waIting for a really nice Knowles BA / hybrid set

Edit:
4. TRN BT20 - just realised that I forgot about this... LOL
Guess I don't use them very much :D
Whoa come on man you gotta have 5 or more to be in our hoarder club. Oh no Mifo gone? Which TWS BA u looking at? I gotta take out my BA IEM out tonight. I miss them. Get the T5 wanna see your review.

Jul 22, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #9,388 of 61,349
Whoa come on man you gotta have 5 or more to be in our hoarder club. Oh no Mifo gone? Which TWS BA u looking at? I gotta take out my BA IEM out tonight. I miss them. Get the T5 wanna see your review.

I'm interested in the Shanling BA IEM's - Knowles BA's and all.... either that or the 1more hybrid TWS that are "coming out soon" (whenever that is)...
I'll see if the T5's are in the budget... maybe I'll put them up for sale after...

Life with a newborn doesn't exactly leave much time to write reviews... still need to do my Tranya T3 review

Edit:
Actually, I keep forgetting about the Edifier TWS... maybe do those instead of the MPOW's? Thoughts?

Jul 22, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #9,389 of 61,349
My two pair of Anbes 359 arrived from Anbes Audiocart AliExpress store. They are gifts but I tried one out briefly.

The boxes are not labelled with any names, white light charging colour on the charging puck, named as Air in pairing mode, and can't figure out volume control. Instructions suggest a double tap but that brings up the assistant.

Brief audio impressions - they sound similar to my OG Anbes 359 which I did not like at first but grew on me over time.

Jul 22, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #9,390 of 61,349
My two pair of Anbes 359 arrived from Anbes Audiocart AliExpress store. They are gifts but I tried one out briefly.

The boxes are not labelled with any names, white light charging colour on the charging puck, named as Air in pairing mode, and can't figure out volume control. Instructions suggest a double tap but that brings up the assistant.

Brief audio impressions - they sound similar to my OG Anbes 359 which I did not like at first but grew on me over time.
Do you mind to post photos and provide links where you got them from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back