Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 18, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #9,091 of 61,981
Sony wf-1000mx3 with Accoustune aet07 tips. Probably the endgame (for the time being). :L3000:

2ic5ilj.jpg

Jul 18, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #9,094 of 61,981
I was pretty excited about these until I noticed that they weren't sweat/waterproof.

Oh well, maybe next time, Sony.

i would gladly lose waterproofing if it has great sound and functionality. I'll just buy another cheaper TWS specifically for water-risk activities

Jul 18, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #9,097 of 61,981
I guess they should be fine under rain. The lack of waterproofing seems like due to the mic openings required for the ANC.

I would certainly chose waterproof over ANC anytime... I actually have a headphone with ANC just for Airplabne traveling that I pretty much use just for that.

THAT SAID, the pricetag is the problem for me, Im not ready to compromise in sound quality so I use "wired bluetooth" most of the time, TWS for work only (easier to put/take it off or use just one side)

Also, Im a sucker for unknown brands and too much of a IEM hoarder to spen so much in a single unit.

Jul 18, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #9,098 of 61,981
Hi hifi80sman — are you sure your Mpow T5s have volume control? Mine don’t. Mine work on the scheme outlined on the Amazon page:

71mgGGkkcRL._SX679_.jpg

The only controls are long click and short click, and left and right are not distinguished. Since a short click play/pauses the music, a double click just pauses and then starts the music rather than changing volume. A long click will switch to the next song — but there’s no control that brings you back to the previous song, and there’s no control to change volume.

I bought my T5s several months ago. I know Mpow made some changes to this product, but I was under the impression that those changes related primarily to connectivity issues to Android phones. Would be interesting to know if they revised the button control scheme too!

Mine have the very same button layout / functionality as rhsauer's / the above amazon pic ... as much as I like vol control on the buds ... when running I hardly ever feel like I need to change vol, and I have actually learned over time to change volume on my phone while it is stowed in my kidney pack, without taking it out ... so, not a deal breaker

(neither is USB C for me, I actually end up always looking for a USB C cable for my very few USB C devices ... )

Jul 18, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #9,099 of 61,981
i would gladly lose waterproofing if it has great sound and functionality. I'll just buy another cheaper TWS specifically for water-risk activities

I guess I can see that.

Personally, I use headphones at home and TWS outdoors, so waterproofing is great peace of mind for going outside in the rain, especially if it's an expensive pair like the Sonys.

Jul 18, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #9,101 of 61,981
I would certainly chose waterproof over ANC anytime... I actually have a headphone with ANC just for Airplabne traveling that I pretty much use just for that.

THAT SAID, the pricetag is the problem for me, Im not ready to compromise in sound quality so I use "wired bluetooth" most of the time, TWS for work only (easier to put/take it off or use just one side)

Also, Im a sucker for unknown brands and too much of a IEM hoarder to spen so much in a single unit.
I'm using my tws mainly for commute, so the ANC is probably more useful for me. The Sony to me is good enough for critical listening at home too, it's that good.

I have a few pairs of chifi tws too, and they are good as well. But the Sony has much more features.

Jul 18, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #9,104 of 61,981
Well. I know no-one here knows me from Adam. But if there's a kind sould that would be prepared to buy me a pair of 359s and ship em to me I'll pay for them. I just can't find ANYWHERE That will sell and ship them to me :frowning2:

Hit me with a pm. I’ll help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back