Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 15, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #8,792 of 62,285
I'm looking for a pair of earphones which are like the Airpods in the sense that they don't completely go into your ear but rather sit on them. I'll be purchasing from Aliexpress.

From the research I've done and from browsing this forum, I can see that the Sabbat X12 Pro are the best options for me. I don't particularly have any preferences besides that it should be the Airpods style really. I don't like them going into my ear and it makes my ear itch a lot. Oh and USB Type C for future proofing.

Any other recommendations besides Sabbat X12 Pro?

Nillkin Go is not too isolating and for me personally is superior sounding to the X12, but it still have silicone tips, though not deep insertion. also it still has micro usb

Jul 15, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #8,793 of 62,285
Ever tried the foam tips?
They are more comfy than the rubber ones, for the cost of some isolation but still have better isolation than "airpod style"

Mind you that, for such weak amplifier you want every bit of the power it generates moving your eardrum, not leaking.

I'm looking for a pair of earphones which are like the Airpods in the sense that they don't completely go into your ear but rather sit on them. I'll be purchasing from Aliexpress.

From the research I've done and from browsing this forum, I can see that the Sabbat X12 Pro are the best options for me. I don't particularly have any preferences besides that it should be the Airpods style really. I don't like them going into my ear and it makes my ear itch a lot. Oh and USB Type C for future proofing.

Any other recommendations besides Sabbat X12 Pro?

Jul 15, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #8,794 of 62,285
Ever tried the foam tips?
They are more comfy than the rubber ones, for the cost of some isolation but still have better isolation than "airpod style"

Mind you that, for such weak amplifier you want every bit of the power it generates moving your eardrum, not leaking.
I've tried memory foam and it's always the same. The only earphones which I never had any issues with is the AKG ones which came with my Samsung Note 9 and they aren't too isolating. That's why I thought I would try going the Airpods route and giving it a shot.

Jul 15, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #8,795 of 62,285
Nillkin Go is not too isolating and for me personally is superior sounding to the X12, but it still have silicone tips, though not deep insertion. also it still has micro usb
Didn't look at those pairs. The only earphones I never had problems with was the AKG ones which came with my Note 9. I want to try something new like the Airpods style and see if they're better for my ears personally. Sound quality will be better on a more isolating pair, I can see that definitely but that's not my primary concern. Just something which is relaxing and comfortable for me, and has USB Type C for the future.

Jul 15, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #8,796 of 62,285
Jul 15, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #8,799 of 62,285
Anyone know anything about the Libratone TRACK AIR+? It appears they are being released as part of Amazons prime days - seems an interesting prospect with wireless charging and noise cancelling.

I would not test them,-plenty of bad reviews on jd.com
firmware just updated to support apt-x, and very limited control options. Can only select 1 control at a time with an app that also have bad reviews.

Jul 15, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #8,800 of 62,285
I would not test them,-plenty of bad reviews on jd.com
firmware just updated to support apt-x, and very limited control options. Can only select 1 control at a time with an app that also have bad reviews.
This appears to be a new model with anc. Seems interesting.

Jul 15, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #8,803 of 62,285
Jul 15, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #8,804 of 62,285
Those knock off cheapos is throwing money in the toliet. There is tech in these type of buds that's needs to have a decent RD with a big company or a complete re-label of a company who does have it. The cheapo knockoffs all will be wonky in some way. Mostly long term connection and battery. Unless they have the Qualcomm connection technology them it should be a pass because that is the only constant in a strong TWS BT connection.

Even Bose TWS have the YouTube lag issue... To think a 50 pair can nail what Bose didn't... I just don't see it.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #8,805 of 62,285
Those knock off cheapos is throwing money in the toliet. There is tech in these type of buds that's needs to have a decent RD with a big company or a complete re-label of a company who does have it. The cheapo knockoffs all will be wonky in some way. Mostly long term connection and battery. Unless they have the Qualcomm connection technology them it should be a pass because that is the only constant in a strong TWS BT connection.

Even Bose TWS have the YouTube lag issue... To think a 50 pair can nail what Bose didn't... I just don't see it.
It's time to try the Anomoibuds Capsule then. At 20 dollar...

As with the Xiaomi Redmi Airdots, these provide stable Bluetooth connectivity and YouTube video synchronisation. The Capsule just sounds way more detailed and full.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back