Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 13, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #8,731 of 61,385
Jul 13, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #8,732 of 61,385
Preordered the klipsch several weeks ago based upon positive sq reviews even though they look dastardly to me. Still haven’t shipped. No idea what’s going on. Called klipsch and customer service is a voicemail. Not starting off on the right foot. Seems like they are delayed further. Originally slated for “spring 2019”.

Jul 14, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #8,733 of 61,385
Preordered the klipsch several weeks ago based upon positive sq reviews even though they look dastardly to me. Still haven’t shipped. No idea what’s going on. Called klipsch and customer service is a voicemail. Not starting off on the right foot. Seems like they are delayed further. Originally slated for “spring 2019”.
If this is any indication, Amazon has them for pre-order with a release date of 12/31/2019. Ouch.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QXLQT34/

Jul 14, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #8,735 of 61,385
ok, so Anbes Official has told me they sell Anbes brand, but I still have my doubts since the person has the same name as the Audiocart store. The store "Anbes 3C" is selling rebrands be it Letscom or Coolhere, although nobody's complaining about channel imbalance so it looks like I got a lemon...

Regardless, the volume adjustment on the rebrand is annoying - because you need to hold to change volume the drivers sometimes flex, and you can barely hear or see whether you've held it long enough for the volume to change (on my phone it beeps very faintly, on my laptop there is no beep at all). Hold it too long and the earbuds turn off, hold it too short and your music is paused. Makes me wish there was no volume adjustment to begin with.

These look interesting. Anyone try them yet?
The link doesn't work, but awaiting their arrival next week! I've seen some mixed reception on the regular version, though I got the Oluv edition.

Jul 14, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #8,736 of 61,385
Quick double trigger pull on amazon before the prime day chaos starts.

The first ones remind me of the Anbes 359 case. So, let’s see. The 3star rating is based on one disgruntled review saying ‘the buds are great, but the case sucks and the instructions are English/Chinese Only’
Oh, and a 3€ coupon knocked them to 16.99 :wink:
1FA67FAA-6F51-49A3-AA7D-B8869E82A5C3.jpeg

The others come in a unique metal case and while the reviews feel fake, the photos and videos show that these are really tiny... made me curious.

Will see by Friday

Jul 14, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #8,737 of 61,385
Thoughts on these? I tried the Firefly briefly a while back. It was nice that it had type C and a hearthrough option but SBC just didn't sound that good.

Looks like this is an upgraded version although there's no info on codecs: (EDIT: They have confirmed to me it does indeed support SBC + AAC)
https://store.jabees.com/collection...system-plus-qi-enabled-wireless-charging-case

The Jabees Beeing has Qi charging + Type C but no hearthrough... It does say on the site that it has AAC though.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #8,741 of 61,385
Sony leading a list again. A pattern emerges...
Given how good the WF1000mk1 sound I find this believable, throw in the apparently stellar ANC of the latest model and it gets exciting...

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #8,742 of 61,385
I debating to go with a $50 model:
Mpow T5

More expensive ones:
1: Nuarl NT01AX $160
2: Jabra Elite Active 65t $169.93
3: Sony WF-1000XM3 $230

I have nice IEM's:
Fearless S8F = 8BA's
Sony MDR ex800st DD driver

MY number first priority is great sound and like tight bass and sub bass but it must not bleed into the mid range.
I don't like that the Sony's and Jabra don't support the higher bit rate codec's.

I read Crinacle's review and I respect his opinion but Sony doesn't have much water and sweat resistance compared to the Nuarl .

The Aviot TE-BD21f-pnk looks very interesting and their quality looks top notch

I want something that has easy controls to pause , change the volume and be decent for an occasional call ,

Love here your thoughts on these choices and other recommendations . Definitely a series of comprises

Thanks .

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #8,743 of 61,385
Given how good the WF1000mk1 sound I find this believable, throw in the apparently stellar ANC of the latest model and it gets exciting...
Well, the measured response looks pretty good, I give it that. What was a surprise to me was the ranking of Galaxy buds, and the graph. I expected the graph to be a lot worse. That graph can't be based on the stock tips, because the stock tips has a big flaw, the tips had a very narrow bore or sound outlet hole that significantly reduces the bass. I had to change the tips to a much wider bore to get sufficient bass out of it. Also, the bass sounded a bit too loose for my taste as well (but, this is probably be the thing about TW's general lack of sufficient internal amping to provide a strong drive on the dynamic drivers).

At least looking at the measurements, I think tonally, that response curve of the Jabra is my ideal target (it looks similar to another iem that is techically better that sounded highly transparent to me). I understand these TW can lose on technicalities other than the tonal response.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #8,744 of 61,385
Edit

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #8,745 of 61,385
They're called Astrotec Motivation in the US. And they're on a deal!
https://www.amazon.com/Astrotec-Motivation-Beryllium-Headphones-Sweatproof/dp/B07SBVXG26/
See my signature for my review.

I just read your review and I thought it was great. I'm also having trouble finding a tip that gets a good seal -- I've also tried my beloved Final Audio E tips to no avail. On which tip did you eventually settle?

I do agree that it has a great sound for the price,. When I press lightly I can get a good seal and was able to get a glimpse of the goodness. :L3000: Another question: I'm finding them to be a bit sibilant in the upper mids and treble (not horrible, but def noticeable). Do you know if they smooth out after a bit of use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back