Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 12, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #8,703 of 62,172
For those of you at home keeping track, here are my updates :p

Tranya T3 are going back - I can detect a very very faint metal resonance on some songs when volume is 2/3 or higher on my pair - and they are prone to position-based cut-outs. The bass kicks the butt of the Anbes, but the issue for me is that the mids are recessed but the highs seem very harsh to me when you turn up the volume. In the end, they're pretty great, but the Anbes are a better all-rounder for me for now.

Otherwise, my bet (and therefore money) is on the Sony WF-1000XM3 - I ordered on Amazon right when they were listed - so I'll let ya'll know when I get 'em. :D

Great. Looking forward to your impressions. It would be great if you can include impressions on call quality, especially from noisy environments.

Jul 12, 2019 at 11:56 PM Post #8,704 of 62,172
I've actually had to buy the large, medium and medium smalls, to find the right size. My IEMs fit a lot differently than the TWS'. I go back a forth between the MS and M depending on the earbud.
Fitted some spinfit cp350 on the t5. Sounds pretty good as well and able to get a good fit.

opuura.jpg

Jul 13, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #8,705 of 62,172
Fitted some spinfit cp350 on the t5. Sounds pretty good as well and able to get a good fit.

Precisely the combo I used when I got 'em last year, just too bad the connection issues were so bad.

Thx to @hifi80sman for taking another chance on the reissued model, looks like they've resolved the connectivity issues.

Jul 13, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #8,707 of 62,172
Precisely the combo I used when I got 'em last year, just too bad the connection issues were so bad.

Thx to @hifi80sman for taking another chance on the reissued model, looks like they've resolved the connectivity issues.
I believe they have resolved the connectivity issues now. Mine has rock solid connection even in places where my other tws buds have problems.

Jul 13, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #8,710 of 62,172
It doesn't look like it's been mentioned before but I just found out here https://www.lesnumeriques.com/casqu...es-premiers-intras-true-wireless-n137901.html that the Libratone Track AIR+ with ANC courtesy of the QC5121 will be available on Amazon during Prime Days for 199€...Tempted but since I can't find a detailed review I'm not sure it's a good idea :wink:

How is this not getting more traction? Wouldn't this be the first QC5121 ANC TWE out in the wild?
Found this article in English, it also links to a press release

They look funky :)

libratone.jpg

From that press release
"TRACK Air+ is available from 15th July and will be sold exclusively, for a time limited period, on Amazon retailing at a highly-competitive £179. The first 400 customers will also receive a free Libratone COIL charging plate, which will retail at £34. For further product information visit www.libratone.com or Amazon.co.uk/Libratone"

Reminds me how last year I pretty blindly jumped on the Sony SP700N with 'anc' for 199€ and ended up regretting it ... in this case I will wait maybe for the next bunch of QC5121 buds .. or the Bose 700 earbuds ... or at least some in depth reviews

Jul 13, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #8,711 of 62,172

Apparently, according to some Russian review site posted a few pages back, there were 3 total revisions, so it looks like the version Amazon is selling is the most recent iteration. So far, so good. Completely happy, especially for the price. Definitely better than many name brand mid-rangers, not to mention the call quality is top-notch.

Jul 13, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #8,712 of 62,172

Users who are viewing this thread

Back