Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 11, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #8,581 of 62,809
I bet Mpow makes good stuff. I may get a pair later on in the year. So sad I can't buy some stuff I really want. Gotta stick to a budget. :frowning2: I need to stay away from this thread too risky . :frowning2:

It's really important to stick to a budget in order to actually enjoy this hobby... But it's SOOOOOO difficult to not just buy a bunch of stuff!!!
I feel your pain!

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #8,582 of 62,809
you may want to place them in the case and then plug the case in. Sometimes there are case drain issues that can affect how the 'buds respond when removed from the case.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no love. I've decided that I'm returning them to Amazon . If they are giving me this kind of trouble within 2 weeks of purchase, I don't want to take my chances after the return period closes. I wasn't entirely keen on the sound, anyhow - The T3s had pretty sweet bass, but I wasn't a fan of the recessed mids or overall lack of clarity. What I would really like is the Galaxy Buds but with kick-ass bass and IPX5-7 rating. THAT would be a great TWE for me.

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #8,583 of 62,809
My 1st pair were definitely Anbes. The two new pair are on their way, so we'll see.
Hmm, the Coolhere might have been a backorder during the Aliexpress mid-year sale two weeks ago. Outside of that they probably had real Anbes.

Has anyone run audiocheck.net's benchmarks on their TWS? The Coolhere fails miserably at the frequency skip with artifacts and rattling throughout the range. Generally those artifacts won't be noticeable with music, but they ruin it for me especially with pianos. I almost never have problems with wired IEMs or over-ears in these benchmarks.

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #8,584 of 62,809
Can anyone with the Tranya T3 please help if you can?:

Suddenly there is no sound coming from the left earpiece except for an occasional "pairing" spoken by a not-so-sultry woman. I've tried unpair/re-pair with my phone, letting the earpieces sit in the charging case until fully charged (at least as reported by my phone) and powering off both sides and re-powering. However, the left side continues to give me the silent treatment.wo

Maybe the old ‘hold both buds’ buttons down for 10-20seconds for a complete reset’ might work on the Tranya? Can’t say I have tried on mine.

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #8,585 of 62,809
Hmm, the Coolhere might have been a backorder during the Aliexpress mid-year sale two weeks ago. Outside of that they probably had real Anbes.

Has anyone run audiocheck.net's benchmarks on their TWS? The Coolhere fails miserably at the frequency skip with artifacts and rattling throughout the range. Generally those artifacts won't be noticeable with music, but they ruin it for me especially with pianos. I almost never have problems with wired IEMs or over-ears in these benchmarks.

Just ran my 359 through it - no artifacts or anything of to sort, just clean sweeps and good central position.

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #8,586 of 62,809
For sporting, I like a more bassy sound. The Haylou GT1 and Anomoibuds Capsule come to mind. Also the waterproof Mpow T6.

Heyo, thanks for getting back to me, I forgot to reply as I've been so busy of late. Decided to order the QCY qs2 for 20$ as I really liked the qs1. Didn't find the lower end to be lacking at all (did tiproll + great seal) and for that price they're a steal. The tranya t3 would cost me €50 (~56$), I'm not convinced the price difference is worth it. Furthermore i got some great wired stuff.

I'll keep my qs1 charging case as backup. May give the case + left bud to my mom though, so she can use it while running (I'm a cheapskate i know, but she likes to hear her surroundings and it's still useful if you want to use a running assistant).

Generally though, this is currently the only head-fi thread I'm following when I have some spare time, love the rapid advances in bt gear and can't wait where we are 6-12 months from now! Keep it going guys.

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #8,587 of 62,809
So, first impressions of the MPOW T5.

Case is Excellent

Build Quality is Excellent.

Fit is also really nice. I like the Trayna's better, but the T5 is still great and less bulky.

Pairing and sync was easy, the leds are nice and dim they blink white ever couple of secs and the buds are pretty compact.

Note: They don't play well, when you have multiple buds connected to your phone at the same time.

Compared to the 359, i'd say they are very similar sound quality wise. The sound stage is a noticeably more narrow on the T5, the mid range is near identical maybe a touch lower directly in the middle of the EQ, but I do feel like the overall sound of the T5 is more crisp.The T5 is brighter especially on the high end and DEFINITELY has less (sub bass). This and the narrow sound stage are my biggest disappointment to be honest. The bass is prominent and it's clean, responsive and really punchy! But it's crossed over to a bit high for my taste. Even the T1C has more Sub Bass, too bad the volume on the T1C sucks.

Volume is very good on the T5 and The video sync in youtube actually works on my XS Max for most videos. Connecting in mono was a breeze. the buttons aren't great and they dig into my ears when i press them, but the 359s are the same. I can confirm My version of the T5 DO have volume control.

*** I need to mention again the Sound Stage. Compared to the Tranya T3, QCY T1C or Anbes 359s, the sound stage is def. more narrow. This really disappoints me. compared to the 359's and the T3's it just really mashes up the beautiful mixing and layering of a really well produced track. These buds still sound awesome I've noticed a little fatigue after listening for an hour or so due to all the treble. However for audiobooks these sound incredible.

One of my favorite tracks to play when I test earbuds is this. Check it out.

This track is perfect. There's an assload of sub and mid bass and on the Tranya's This song is incredible. Also lots of mid range and high end synths and there are breakdown around 3 min. where everything cuts out except for the bass guitar and then it builds back up. You can literally hear everything in the mix rebuild. which is helpful to see how the buds handle. With the T5, you can still hear the layering, but it's much more smashed together coming more from the front than with the T3 or the 359. The 359's sound like the small synth noises are coming from far off to the sides in the distance, it's incredible. and the Tranya's, man, They just F'in crush it.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Overall I'm very impressed with the MPOW T5 and unless you already have the Anbes 359's and a pair of Tranya T3's I'd definitely get these bad boys. They are a little more than the Tranya's $42-45 on amazon, but they have the Qualcomm 3020 chipset and the battery life is meant to be 6 hours, also they are IPX 6. And they are built quite a bit better than some of the cheaper buds. So basically your trading sound stage and some sub bass, for longer battery life, better connectivity, build quality, better water and dust resistance etc.

I'll edit the post in a couple days when I test calling connectivity range and give them a chance to break in a bit.

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #8,588 of 62,809
Thanks for the suggestion, but no love. I've decided that I'm returning them to Amazon . If they are giving me this kind of trouble within 2 weeks of purchase, I don't want to take my chances after the return period closes. I wasn't entirely keen on the sound, anyhow - The T3s had pretty sweet bass, but I wasn't a fan of the recessed mids or overall lack of clarity. What I would really like is the Galaxy Buds but with kick-ass bass and IPX5-7 rating. THAT would be a great TWE for me.
How long have you had them and what tips are you using? I honestly felt the same way. i got mine yesterday and was going to return them. I switched to a medium JVC spiral dot from a small and man, huge diff. the mids and treble are really coming out more. You using a wide boar tip?

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #8,589 of 62,809
Maybe the old ‘hold both buds’ buttons down for 10-20seconds for a complete reset’ might work on the Tranya? Can’t say I have tried on mine.

That didn't do it either.

How long have you had them and what tips are you using? I honestly felt the same way. i got mine yesterday and was going to return them. I switched to a medium JVC spiral dot from a small and man, huge diff. the mids and treble are really coming out more. You using a wide boar tip?

I've had them for about 2 weeks and was using the Final Audio E series tips. They are small bore. I don't have any wider-bore tips laying around, otherwise I would try your suggestion because now you have gotten me curious. Of course, I'd still need to figure out how to fix this issue I'm having with the left piece.

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #8,590 of 62,809
So, first impressions of the MPOW T5.

Case is Excellent

Build Quality is Excellent.

Fit is also really nice. I like the Trayna's better, but the T5 is still great and less bulky.

Pairing and sync was easy, the leds are nice and dim they blink white ever couple of secs and the buds are pretty compact.

Note: They don't play well, when you have multiple buds connected to your phone at the same time.

Compared to the 359, i'd say they are very similar sound quality wise. The sound stage is a noticeably more narrow on the T5, the mid range is near identical maybe a touch lower directly in the middle of the EQ, but I do feel like the overall sound of the T5 is more crisp.The T5 is brighter especially on the high end and DEFINITELY has less (sub bass). This and the narrow sound stage are my biggest disappointment to be honest. The bass is prominent and it's clean, responsive and really punchy! But it's crossed over to a bit high for my taste. Even the T1C has more Sub Bass, too bad the volume on the T1C sucks.

Volume is very good on the T5 and The video sync in youtube actually works on my XS Max for most videos. Connecting in mono was a breeze. the buttons aren't great and they dig into my ears when i press them, but the 359s are the same. I can confirm My version of the T5 DO have volume control.

*** I need to mention again the Sound Stage. Compared to the Tranya T3, QCY T1C or Anbes 359s, the sound stage is def. more narrow. This really disappoints me. compared to the 359's and the T3's it just really mashes up the beautiful mixing and layering of a really well produced track. These buds still sound awesome I've noticed a little fatigue after listening for an hour or so due to all the treble. However for audiobooks these sound incredible.

One of my favorite tracks to play when I test earbuds is this. Check it out.

This track is perfect. There's an assload of sub and mid bass and on the Tranya's This song is incredible. Also lots of mid range and high end synths and there are breakdown around 3 min. where everything cuts out except for the bass guitar and then it builds back up. You can literally hear everything in the mix rebuild. which is helpful to see how the buds handle. With the T5, you can still hear the layering, but it's much more smashed together coming more from the front than with the T3 or the 359. The 359's sound like the small synth noises are coming from far off to the sides in the distance, it's incredible. and the Tranya's, man, They just F'in crush it.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Overall I'm very impressed with the MPOW T5 and unless you already have the Anbes 359's and a pair of Tranya T3's I'd definitely get these bad boys. They are a little more than the Tranya's $42-45 on amazon, but they have the Qualcomm 3020 chipset and the battery life is meant to be 6 hours, also they are IPX 6. And they are built quite a bit better than some of the cheaper buds. So basically your trading sound stage and some sub bass, for longer battery life, better connectivity, build quality, better water and dust resistance etc.

I'll edit the post in a couple days when I test calling connectivity range and give them a chance to break in a bit.

Heyo, wondering whether you're using a galaxy S8 with the QCY t1c/qs1 as you mentioned low volume. I had that issue when using the QCY qs1 but turning off 'volume synchronisation' in the Bluetooth settings increased the volume by something like ~30% for me!

Jul 11, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #8,591 of 62,809
That didn't do it either.

I've had them for about 2 weeks and was using the Final Audio E series tips. They are small bore. I don't have any wider-bore tips laying around, otherwise I would try your suggestion because now you have gotten me curious. Of course, I'd still need to figure out how to fix this issue I'm having with the left piece.
Well, if you got them from amazon, might just want to swap them out for another pair. I got my JVC Spiral Dots off ebay, they only make them in japan. They are pricey, but worth it to me. There are also some decent ones from Radio Shack I believe @Slater told me about. They are a little longer then most earbuds, but the do the trick.

Jul 11, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #8,592 of 62,809
Heyo, wondering whether you're using a galaxy S8 with the QCY t1c/qs1 as you mentioned low volume. I had that issue when using the QCY qs1 but turning off 'volume synchronisation' in the Bluetooth settings increased the volume by something like ~30% for me!
Oh Wow. I use an Iphone and the volume at full is decent, but it's nowhere near the Anbes/Tranya/Mpow's

Jul 11, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #8,593 of 62,809
Oh Wow. I use an Iphone and the volume at full is decent, but it's nowhere near the Anbes/Tranya/Mpow's

For me with volume sync on, max volume was on the edge of comfortable to too loud for me. Then after turning of volume sync that changed to about 70% volume which is the phone's built-in 'safety treshold'. Then again, I don't tend to listen at high volumes. Figured it was worth mentioning though.

Jul 11, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #8,594 of 62,809
For me with volume sync on, max volume was on the edge of comfortable to too loud for me. Then after turning of volume sync that changed to about 70% volume which is the phone's built-in 'safety treshold'. Then again, I don't tend to listen at high volumes. Figured it was worth mentioning though.
Well, I really appreciate that. I have two pair of T1C's/T1S or whatever they are called in the larger case. I really like them. Oddly enough the both sound slightly different. My black pair are way more broken in, so i'm a big believer in burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back