Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 11, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #8,596 of 62,085
So, first impressions of the MPOW T5.

Case is Excellent

Build Quality is Excellent.

Fit is also really nice. I like the Trayna's better, but the T5 is still great and less bulky.

Pairing and sync was easy, the leds are nice and dim they blink white ever couple of secs and the buds are pretty compact.

Note: They don't play well, when you have multiple buds connected to your phone at the same time.

Compared to the 359, i'd say they are very similar sound quality wise. The sound stage is a noticeably more narrow on the T5, the mid range is near identical maybe a touch lower directly in the middle of the EQ, but I do feel like the overall sound of the T5 is more crisp.The T5 is brighter especially on the high end and DEFINITELY has less (sub bass). This and the narrow sound stage are my biggest disappointment to be honest. The bass is prominent and it's clean, responsive and really punchy! But it's crossed over to a bit high for my taste. Even the T1C has more Sub Bass, too bad the volume on the T1C sucks.

Volume is very good on the T5 and The video sync in youtube actually works on my XS Max for most videos. Connecting in mono was a breeze. the buttons aren't great and they dig into my ears when i press them, but the 359s are the same. I can confirm My version of the T5 DO have volume control.

*** I need to mention again the Sound Stage. Compared to the Tranya T3, QCY T1C or Anbes 359s, the sound stage is def. more narrow. This really disappoints me. compared to the 359's and the T3's it just really mashes up the beautiful mixing and layering of a really well produced track. These buds still sound awesome I've noticed a little fatigue after listening for an hour or so due to all the treble. However for audiobooks these sound incredible.

One of my favorite tracks to play when I test earbuds is this. Check it out.

This track is perfect. There's an assload of sub and mid bass and on the Tranya's This song is incredible. Also lots of mid range and high end synths and there are breakdown around 3 min. where everything cuts out except for the bass guitar and then it builds back up. You can literally hear everything in the mix rebuild. which is helpful to see how the buds handle. With the T5, you can still hear the layering, but it's much more smashed together coming more from the front than with the T3 or the 359. The 359's sound like the small synth noises are coming from far off to the sides in the distance, it's incredible. and the Tranya's, man, They just F'in crush it.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Overall I'm very impressed with the MPOW T5 and unless you already have the Anbes 359's and a pair of Tranya T3's I'd definitely get these bad boys. They are a little more than the Tranya's $42-45 on amazon, but they have the Qualcomm 3020 chipset and the battery life is meant to be 6 hours, also they are IPX 6. And they are built quite a bit better than some of the cheaper buds. So basically your trading sound stage and some sub bass, for longer battery life, better connectivity, build quality, better water and dust resistance etc.

I'll edit the post in a couple days when I test calling connectivity range and give them a chance to break in a bit.
Nice impressions. For me, the soundstage on the T5 is considerably better than the Anbes 359, HOWEVER, and a BIG HOWEVER, is because these are earbuds and fit in the ear canal, so anatomical differences I'm sure play a big role.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #8,597 of 62,085
Thanks for the suggestion, but no love. I've decided that I'm returning them to Amazon . If they are giving me this kind of trouble within 2 weeks of purchase, I don't want to take my chances after the return period closes. I wasn't entirely keen on the sound, anyhow - The T3s had pretty sweet bass, but I wasn't a fan of the recessed mids or overall lack of clarity. What I would really like is the Galaxy Buds but with kick-ass bass and IPX5-7 rating. THAT would be a great TWE for me.
You might like the Astrotec S80. They remind me a bit of the Galaxy buds, but with a little more bass.

Jul 11, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #8,598 of 62,085
Hi guys.
I need to buy a true wireless IEM, and I am thinking in Senheisser MTW, Bose Soundsport Free, or RHA TrueConnect. Only thinking in sound quality, which is the best choice? Thanks!
Any of those would be a great choice for SQ. The Bose, however, are semi-open, so they'll let in some outside noise, which I find distracting if you're not in a quiet environment or don't need to be aware of your surroundings.

The MTW have an app to EQ to your preference, so you may like those the most. However, they do have case drain issues with the battery, so if you don't mind plugging the case in every 72 hours, they're a winner.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #8,599 of 62,085
So, first impressions of the MPOW T5.

Case is Excellent

Build Quality is Excellent.

Fit is also really nice. I like the Trayna's better, but the T5 is still great and less bulky.

Pairing and sync was easy, the leds are nice and dim they blink white ever couple of secs and the buds are pretty compact.

Note: They don't play well, when you have multiple buds connected to your phone at the same time.

Compared to the 359, i'd say they are very similar sound quality wise. The sound stage is a noticeably more narrow on the T5, the mid range is near identical maybe a touch lower directly in the middle of the EQ, but I do feel like the overall sound of the T5 is more crisp.The T5 is brighter especially on the high end and DEFINITELY has less (sub bass). This and the narrow sound stage are my biggest disappointment to be honest. The bass is prominent and it's clean, responsive and really punchy! But it's crossed over to a bit high for my taste. Even the T1C has more Sub Bass, too bad the volume on the T1C sucks.

Volume is very good on the T5 and The video sync in youtube actually works on my XS Max for most videos. Connecting in mono was a breeze. the buttons aren't great and they dig into my ears when i press them, but the 359s are the same. I can confirm My version of the T5 DO have volume control.

*** I need to mention again the Sound Stage. Compared to the Tranya T3, QCY T1C or Anbes 359s, the sound stage is def. more narrow. This really disappoints me. compared to the 359's and the T3's it just really mashes up the beautiful mixing and layering of a really well produced track. These buds still sound awesome I've noticed a little fatigue after listening for an hour or so due to all the treble. However for audiobooks these sound incredible.

One of my favorite tracks to play when I test earbuds is this. Check it out.

This track is perfect. There's an assload of sub and mid bass and on the Tranya's This song is incredible. Also lots of mid range and high end synths and there are breakdown around 3 min. where everything cuts out except for the bass guitar and then it builds back up. You can literally hear everything in the mix rebuild. which is helpful to see how the buds handle. With the T5, you can still hear the layering, but it's much more smashed together coming more from the front than with the T3 or the 359. The 359's sound like the small synth noises are coming from far off to the sides in the distance, it's incredible. and the Tranya's, man, They just F'in crush it.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Overall I'm very impressed with the MPOW T5 and unless you already have the Anbes 359's and a pair of Tranya T3's I'd definitely get these bad boys. They are a little more than the Tranya's $42-45 on amazon, but they have the Qualcomm 3020 chipset and the battery life is meant to be 6 hours, also they are IPX 6. And they are built quite a bit better than some of the cheaper buds. So basically your trading sound stage and some sub bass, for longer battery life, better connectivity, build quality, better water and dust resistance etc.

I'll edit the post in a couple days when I test calling connectivity range and give them a chance to break in a bit.

Nice sample track. Check out Infected Mushroom the band form Israel.

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #8,600 of 62,085
Tried out the Bluedio for about a half hour...
upload_2019-7-11_20-23-49.png

upload_2019-7-11_20-24-43.png

upload_2019-7-11_20-25-19.png

upload_2019-7-11_20-25-44.png

What does $14.99 shipped get you? Cheapish plastic as you might expect but looks fine and is solid. They are USB C and have a good design. The oval ear tips are interesting but the sound bore are also oval shaped and short. Makes for a quick and easy and comfy fit. Buds auto on and connect only if you press the button on the case and they power on and pair while in the case and connect when taken out. If off they have to be manually turned on with the buttons.

Simple controls. Left and right play pause with one press, double press left for FF and double press right for RW. No volume control. Lady with an Asian accent announces your power on/off, connected, redial, etc.

Auto pause seems to work just fine. Player/phone starting in pause when you put the right side in it plays instantly. Take out the right side it pauses but with a 2 second delay. If you touch them near the sensor they will play again so you can't really wrap your fingers around them. Does make a cool remote if you are just listening with the left.

Connection seems rock solid so far. About 5 secs to connect. Tried the next room, player cupped in my hands(using these with a Ruizu X51 for sports stuff), all the front and back pocket positions and not a blip. Sound seems nicely balanced and a good size stage from the 13mm drivers. Some run in and finding the best tips should get some improvement. They have the highest volume I have heard from any BT device I have had so far. Volume output is not an issue with these.

Only niggles are the buttons could be easier to press but they are clicky buttons instead of soft press style, depending on tip there can be a little driver flex when pressing the buttons and they sit a little deep in their case so could be a smidge easier to get a hold of when removing them. Preference for some but the LED on the buds is quite faint. Won't bother you in the dark but you won't see it at all outside in the daylight.

Have no complaints as they came quick being in the US, guess Bluedio US would support it as they say 1 year from the date purchased, and are certainly worth the price. Great for what I want them for. A cheap knock around that is easy to fit, comfy, has buttons lower for wearing hats in the winter and not worrying about weather since they are cheap whether sweating when it is hot or shoveling snow.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #8,601 of 62,085
Tried out the Bluedio for about a half hour...

What does $14.99 shipped get you? Cheapish plastic as you might expect but looks fine and is solid. They are USB C and have a good design. The oval ear tips are interesting but the sound bore are also oval shaped and short. Makes for a quick and easy and comfy fit. Buds auto on and connect only if you press the button on the case and they power on and pair while in the case and connect when taken out. If off they have to be manually turned on with the buttons.

Simple controls. Left and right play pause with one press, double press left for FF and double press right for RW. No volume control. Lady with an Asian accent announces your power on/off, connected, redial, etc.

Auto pause seems to work just fine. Player/phone starting in pause when you put the right side in it plays instantly. Take out the right side it pauses but with a 2 second delay. If you touch them near the sensor they will play again so you can't really wrap your fingers around them. Does make a cool remote if you are just listening with the left.

Connection seems rock solid so far. About 5 secs to connect. Tried the next room, player cupped in my hands(using these with a Ruizu X51 for sports stuff), all the front and back pocket positions and not a blip. Sound seems nicely balanced and a good size stage from the 13mm drivers. Some run in and finding the best tips should get some improvement. They have the highest volume I have heard from any BT device I have had so far. Volume output is not an issue with these.

Only niggles are the buttons could be easier to press but they are clicky buttons instead of soft press style, depending on tip there can be a little driver flex when pressing the buttons and they sit a little deep in their case so could be a smidge easier to get a hold of when removing them. Preference for some but the LED on the buds is quite faint. Won't bother you in the dark but you won't see it at all outside in the daylight.

Have no complaints as they came quick being in the US, guess Bluedio US would support it as they say 1 year from the date purchased, and are certainly worth the price. Great for what I want them for. A cheap knock around that is easy to fit, comfy, has buttons lower for wearing hats in the winter and not worrying about weather since they are cheap whether sweating when it is hot or shoveling snow.

Thanks for the review!

How do they compare to other TWS earphones?

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #8,603 of 62,085
Nice impressions. For me, the soundstage on the T5 is considerably better than the Anbes 359, HOWEVER, and a BIG HOWEVER, is because these are earbuds and fit in the ear canal, so anatomical differences I'm sure play a big role.
It's funny that you mention that, I've been playing around with different tips and different tracks. The stock tips make the T5's sound like utter garbage to me and the T5 kind of has a weird fit, but I did notice on certain tracks the sound stage is in fact very wide. I do also love how quickly the turn on. I've used these for at least 2-3 hours and i'm still at 75% battery. impressive. The Anbes don't fit well in my ears, I just haven't found the right tips i guess, but no matter what tips I use, the sound stage is really wide. Another thing i've been wondering is quality control. I mentioned to someone earlier that I have a black pair of QCY T1S or QS1's whatever the model is that comes with the larger battery case with the lid. and a pair of white QCY T1S' and they do sound different. it's not night and day, but the black ones which i have had longer, seem to sound better, the bass is more responsive etc. Any thoughts on that?

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #8,605 of 62,085
It's funny that you mention that, I've been playing around with different tips and different tracks. The stock tips make the T5's sound like utter garbage to me and the T5 kind of has a weird fit, but I did notice on certain tracks the sound stage is in fact very wide. I do also love how quickly the turn on. I've used these for at least 2-3 hours and i'm still at 75% battery. impressive. The Anbes don't fit well in my ears, I just haven't found the right tips i guess, but no matter what tips I use, the sound stage is really wide. Another thing i've been wondering is quality control. I mentioned to someone earlier that I have a black pair of QCY T1S or QS1's whatever the model is that comes with the larger battery case with the lid. and a pair of white QCY T1S' and they do sound different. it's not night and day, but the black ones which i have had longer, seem to sound better, the bass is more responsive etc. Any thoughts on that?

Could also be due to changing suppliers for the driver. Could be they used high quality ones in the beginning to get good reviews and build hype and then switched over to just slightly lower quality ones where majority of people wouldn't notice.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #8,606 of 62,085
Got mine too. Initial impressions - warm sound signature with good mids and highs and good detail retrieval. Mine has volume control. No disconnections so far walking on the street and in the subway. The volume is pretty loud, probably one of the loudest tws I've owned.

msbocz.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #8,607 of 62,085
Jul 12, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #8,608 of 62,085
Jul 12, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #8,609 of 62,085
Heyo, wondering whether you're using a galaxy S8 with the QCY t1c/qs1 as you mentioned low volume. I had that issue when using the QCY qs1 but turning off 'volume synchronisation' in the Bluetooth settings increased the volume by something like ~30% for me!
I was able to do this with my Astrotec S60 on my Note 9 until a software update in May, now the media volume sync option is greyed out, and "disable absolute volume" also does nothing. Now it's permanently stuck in the low volume state... There is noticeable distortion at max volume down to around 85%.

Speaking of which, going back to the S60 is like a sense of RELIEF after the Coolhere fiasco. I was loathing the disconnects of the S60, but nothing is worse than imbalanced bass, and comfort is on another level from the UFO. Considering getting the BT5.0 version but then again there are other alternatives at this point like the upcoming Mifo O4 and Shanling...

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #8,610 of 62,085
I was able to do this with my Astrotec S60 on my Note 9 until a software update in May, now the media volume sync option is greyed out, and "disable absolute volume" also does nothing. Now it's permanently stuck in the low volume state... There is noticeable distortion at max volume down to around 85%.

Speaking of which, going back to the S60 is like a sense of RELIEF after the Coolhere fiasco. I was loathing the disconnects of the S60, but nothing is worse than imbalanced bass, and comfort is on another level from the UFO. Considering getting the BT5.0 version but then again there are other alternatives at this point like the upcoming Mifo O4 and Shanling...

If the BT5.0 S60 is anything like the S80 (Motivation), then at least you can rest assured that connectivity will be just fine.
I didn't find them the best, but very similar to mifo O5. Ironically Anbes 359 still have the best connectivity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back