Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 8, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #8,327 of 62,747
Any specific reasoning ?

the jabra is not worth 240 in my opinion. it's a solid product, but soundwise you're better off with chifi.. much better sound with cheaper price. not to mention it's a bit hard to get a seal (me personally) with the 65t, and it hurts using it for longer period.

Jul 8, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #8,329 of 62,747
Just got a reply back from Sony where they confirm that there is no moisture protection what so ever on the new 1000XM3 in ear. Extremely dissapointing and a complete no go for me

Jul 8, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #8,330 of 62,747
Just got a reply back from Sony where they confirm that there is no moisture protection what so ever on the new 1000XM3 in ear. Extremely dissapointing and a complete no go for me
This is insane on any level. Interestingly, air pods were released wo any sweatproofing and it was later determined they could handle sweat just fine. I guess we will see but I’m not buying them yet. The entire use purpose for tw is gym and activity. Major misfire by Sony.

Jul 8, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #8,331 of 62,747
Well to be fair, the WF-1000X were not waterproof and I've never had an issue with them in the rain, in the gym, on the beach. What exactly are you planning to do with them? lol

I can understand for the price you'd want it all, all the bells and whistles and everything but I think considering the water resistance of the previous pair even without proper certification, I'd happily purchase the new pair with no issues.

Jul 8, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #8,332 of 62,747
Well to be fair, the WF-1000X were not waterproof and I've never had an issue with them in the rain, in the gym, on the beach. What exactly are you planning to do with them? lol

I can understand for the price you'd want it all, all the bells and whistles and everything but I think considering the water resistance of the previous pair even without proper certification, I'd happily purchase the new pair with no issues.

I just want to be sure they are not damaged by sweat from a long, hot walk or run or sudden rain. The reply from Sony was not to use them in any such situation so at the price I’m not gonna be the one to ignore that as Sony clearly not will honour any damage done by moisture

Jul 8, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #8,333 of 62,747
I just want to be sure they are not damaged by sweat from a long, hot walk or run or sudden rain. The reply from Sony was not to use them in any such situation so at the price I’m not gonna be the one to ignore that as Sony clearly not will honour any damage done by moisture

no, that's completely understandable, they're not cheap! but if they're anything like the old pair on that front, I personally wouldn't worry too much. Especially if you purchase them from somewhere like Amazon who would be happy to resolve issues pronto if you did have any water issues.

Jul 8, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #8,334 of 62,747
that's why we have multiple pair of TW, you got have a beater, a gym pair, and nice pair for home listening. even though I am guilty of using all my TW in the gym, none have given the ghost yet. unless your absolutely drenched in sweat every work out, in a steam sauna, or swimming in a pool I would not worry too much, and I sweat a lot when I work out. the only ones I know that are better at this because of ratings, is the Jabra 65t active, and Jabra elites, the elites you can actually swim in them with out a problem.

Jul 8, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #8,335 of 62,747
These also seem okay:

Yeah saw that last night. They stole my idea of case in a case. :)
10312893_thumb.jpg

Also updated my sig. TWS Overviews and added some newer STUFF.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #8,336 of 62,747
^ I think actorlife should go that way and perhaps the few short comments are leading to a truth. Perhaps you'll get experience with the third one and shed some more light on it.
Thanks. I wanted to try the BA version. I have alot of dynamic TWS already.

Jul 8, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #8,338 of 62,747
Looks like the MPOW T5 is back in stock at Amazon. Decided to pick these up and see how they fare in comparison to their gaudy specs.

Let us know, they definitely look interesting!

Jul 8, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #8,339 of 62,747
Thanks. I wanted to try the BA version. I have alot of dynamic TWS already.

So pick something up off Amazon so you can return if you don't like it. Too bad Astrotec S60 aren't on Amazon :frowning2:

Jul 8, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #8,340 of 62,747
Looks like the MPOW T5 is back in stock at Amazon. Decided to pick these up and see how they fare in comparison to their gaudy specs.
I really like my Mpow MBH5B-PS-2 Swift Bluetooth 4.0/APTX. I bought them back in 2015 for $13.53(lightning sale) and always recommended them(Sparkly highs & Bass tight just right) and still do(Try Ebay). I gave them as gifts and they loved them.
51ttl7P200L._SX425_.jpg

I had been looking at reviews of their latest TWS and it's a mix bag. Looking forward to your observations.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back