Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 7, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #8,297 of 62,417
This is why I just pulled the trigger :) Seller's free shipping method is e-ticket by default.

As if I need yet another pair of TWE ...

Have you seen these ones? Tempting due to the size and shape of the earphones

Bluetooth 5.0 IPX7 Waterproof 30H Playtime Deep Bass
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b9adAFMU

T1X-Wireless-Earphone-Bluetooth-5-0-TWS-Dual-Microphone-Stereo-Headset-IPX7-Waterproof-With-Portable.jpg_640x640q70.jpg_.webp

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #8,298 of 62,417
Have you seen these ones? Tempting due to the size and shape of the earphones

Bluetooth 5.0 IPX7 Waterproof 30H Playtime Deep Bass
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b9adAFMU

T1X-Wireless-Earphone-Bluetooth-5-0-TWS-Dual-Microphone-Stereo-Headset-IPX7-Waterproof-With-Portable.jpg_640x640q70.jpg_.webp

I kinda stopped looking for now .. knowing my time constraints and the fact that I have waaaayyy too many TWE now :)

These remind me in shape on the Tiso ... in a different case ... nothing that screams 'gotta have' .. :)
tiso.jpg

Jul 7, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #8,299 of 62,417
I haven't been able to trick the connection to messing up on my 1more TWS. Such a rock solid connection and setup.

Jul 7, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #8,300 of 62,417
I kinda stopped looking for now .. knowing my time constraints and the fact that I have waaaayyy too many TWE now :)

These remind me in shape on the Tiso ... in a different case ... nothing that screams 'gotta have' .. :)

THAT'S what they reminded me of!!
Don't have my i4's yet, so guess that's why I couldn't place my finger on it :)

What's your full list of TWE's now? And what are your favorites?

Jul 7, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #8,301 of 62,417
So I got inspired by all the reviews on here and decided to put together mine with a little more polish (and I do mean only a little polish).

Please let me know what you guys think - anything you'd like to see that's not in there already?

Anbes 359
mifo O5 Professional
Astrotec Motivation (S80)

Good job, man! Like those reviews and I encourage you to do it again with other earbuds you may own
:smile_phones:

Jul 7, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #8,302 of 62,417
Good job, man! Like those reviews and I encourage you to do it again with other earbuds you may own
:smile_phones:

Thanks! I plan to do Tranya T3 and Tiso i4 soon. Around Prime Days may pick up the new BT20S with Tin T3, or Astrotec S60, or..... May just wait until the new hybrid 1more TWEs based on the QCC51xx chipset

So many options, so little time..... Lol

Jul 7, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #8,304 of 62,417
The rejects:

Last week I ordered some stuff from Amazon, fully aware that I could return them ... and here are the not so great ones that are going back:

Umi. Essentials TWS Bluetooth 5.0 IPX7 W5s
those came with 20% off voucher knocking them
from 50 to 40€ ... and the box is really nice and shiny, that's probably the most attractive part.
Technically, they connect well, but SQ is only so so, very mediocre, because: the buds' ergonomics are just weird, as if the designers did not have a human ear nearby when they created those. It seems impossible to create any kind of good / pleasant fit. Not even considering a good seal. They also look and feel terribly cheap ... too bad ..

umie.jpg

LATOW ACE ipx5 waterproof and around 16€ ... and I really wanted to like those! The design is something different. But alas, BT 4.1 and there was just no way to keep a stable connection ... I really gave it several tries and nope .. in and out ... what a shame ...

ace41.jpg

Chyu Bluetooth Headphones Wireless In Ear True Wireless Earbuds
I mentioned them before ... I had some kind of hope that these would perform like the Alterola ie600, but again, BT4.1, a pain to get to pair (the old 'first pair slave - then to phone' all manual spiel) ... I like the form factor, those are tiny! So, I will still be on the look out for the 'real' Alterola ... but with the connection issue of those Chyu .. nope, back to amazon you go ..

chyuhu.jpg

On the plus side, I briefly mentioned the 'Ture' and the 'ZagZog' already, which are keepers and I hope to give a bit more details on those later. And I am expecting the Havit i93 tomorrow, let's see how those are.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #8,305 of 62,417
The rejects:

Last week I ordered some stuff from Amazon, fully aware that I could return them ... and here are the not so great ones that are going back:

from 50 to 40€ ... and the box is really nice and shiny, that's probably the most attractive part.
Technically, they connect well, but SQ is only so so, very mediocre, because: the buds' ergonomics are just weird, as if the designers did not have a human ear nearby when they created those. It seems impossible to create any kind of good / pleasant fit. Not even considering a good seal. They also look and feel terribly cheap ... too bad ..

LATOW ACE ipx5 waterproof and around 16€ ... and I really wanted to like those! The design is something different. But alas, BT 4.1 and there was just no way to keep a stable connection ... I really gave it several tries and nope .. in and out ... what a shame ...

I mentioned them before ... I had some kind of hope that these would perform like the Alterola ie600, but again, BT4.1, a pain to get to pair (the old 'first pair slave - then to phone' all manual spiel) ... I like the form factor, those are tiny! So, I will still be on the look out for the 'real' Alterola ... but with the connection issue of those Chyu .. nope, back to amazon you go ..

On the plus side, I briefly mentioned the 'Ture' and the 'ZagZog' already, which are keepers and I hope to give a bit more details on those later. And I am expecting the Havit i93 tomorrow, let's see how those are.

Thanks for that! It's arguably more important to know the rejects than the "fine for the money but not spectacular" earphones. Save us all some hassle :)

Jul 7, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #8,306 of 62,417
The rejects:

The number of 'brands' and models out there is sooo incredible.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #8,309 of 62,417
Anyone know the release of the Klipsch T5 TRUE WIRELESS EARPHONES ?

These look better then the new Sony s for less money on paper.
I preordered them a couple of weeks ago. Klipsch said mid July ship date. Crutchfield had them listed as shipping July 11 but now it shows 8/1. I’m actually coming to the opposite conclusion as you however. For 30 more, Sony seems to offer more.

Jul 7, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #8,310 of 62,417
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back