Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 7, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #8,311 of 62,079
Hey All,

Here's my crappy review of the Anbes D42. I purchased them on Amazon for around $35.

I'm not good at this but I'll do my best. I compared them to my QCY T1-Pro, T1C, Tiso i4 and Anbes 359's. I swapped out the stock tips for JVC Spiral Dots size Small and I used Youtube, Audible and Spotify as my sources.
If anyone is interested here is a link to my spotify Playlist I use to compare.

First Impressions the look really cool, build quality is good and the case is excellent, but in comparison to the 359's they are massive. Almost double the width.
Fit and sound isolation is excellent, Volume and controls work great. One irritation I found while listening to music on Youtube. When I hold the button to power the headphones off it switches back or forward tracks before powering them off. I ended up have to double tap and hold to avoid this.
Volume is Excellent, I believe they are even louder than the 359's and you can really get the bass bumping.
The sound signature is similar to the 359's but the overall quantity of mid range and treble is lower and there's much more mid and low bass.
The sound Stage on the 359's is def. wider, but the D42 is still pretty good, not as good as the Tiso I4 or the QCY T1C but very close.
Highs are thinner and bit brighter, but not siblant, I didn't experience any hissing or static noise and the range is great.
I didn't experience any disconnects, but the sound sometimes seems to pan from left to right when first starting a track after pairing. I also have a pair of Syllable's that do this, but It wasn't an issue for me.
Bass on the other hand is too much for me to handle in most genre's, however for hip-hop and electronic where there's a lack of mid-bass they sound great.
They have a bump, but i wouldn't call it a punch, they lack some attack and accuracy in the bass and low bass it's boomy yet clear, but not crisp.
IMO the overabundance of bass throws off the balance of the earbuds although it doesn't seem to effect the output of the treble and mid/high mids which is nice, they are still very defined, but I wish they had a more forward presence like the 359's,
All in All, they are pretty fun. They sound great with Electronic and Hip-Hop and really good with other genre's, They are great for audiobooks. The speech is clear and crisp.
For me the boomy and round bass and mid bass could be eq'd better and the the highs and high mids need to be louder in the eq.

In Conclusion, If you like the 359's you'll like these, but in comparison, they just aren't as fun to listen to if your not bumping hip-hop, electronic or house music.
They don't have quite the excitement and liveliness the 359's and T1C's, do but they are a good quality and good sounding TWS, I'm personally going to return them. I ordered the 360's today to test them out. Hope this wasn't too bad of a review, Cheers.

My ratings are in comparison to other Chi-Fi, as I don't have any other high end TWS'

Build Quality (8
Case and Packaging (8)
Fit and Feel (9)
Sound Stage (8)
Battery life @ 3.5 hours (7.5)
Bass (8.5)
Mid (7/7.5)
Treble (7.5)
Overall Sound Quality (7.75)
Value (7.5)

IMG_8092.jpg IMG_8104.jpg IMG_8105.jpg IMG_8106.jpg IMG_8108.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #8,312 of 62,079
I preordered them a couple of weeks ago. Klipsch said mid July ship date. Crutchfield had them listed as shipping July 11 but now it shows 8/1. I’m actually coming to the opposite conclusion as you however. For 30 more, Sony seems to offer more.
Sony doesn't have AptX and not using all the features of Bluetooth 5.0, not as sweat and water resistant. Sony always has habit of charging more since they are Sony.

Ultimately like to test them both for latency and range. Time will tell once more people test and review them.

I think I will wait another couple months before pulling the trigger.

Nice review on T5's latency and build issues .

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #8,313 of 62,079
Read this on the Verge..."Sony says it's using a new Bluetooth chip—the company wouldn't specify which one when asked—and a “new optimized antenna structure” to keep connection quality steady. Both of the WF-1000XM3’s earbuds connect to a source device simultaneously as well, instead of the more fickle method of having one earbud connect and “bounce” its signal to the other. The whole thing connects over Bluetooth 5."

The connection thing sounds good in theory. Still playing games with the won't specify the chip thing. Others can't say it fast enough if there is a good chip. Not having aptx either. I'd say buy/order the Sony from a place you can return just in case.

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #8,314 of 62,079
Jul 7, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #8,315 of 62,079
Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #8,316 of 62,079
Quick question : best TWS for sleeping with?

I recall this came up before, but I can’t find that post anymore. Besides fit, one big question for me is, which TWE ‘die’ silently without some voice yelling ‘recharge- low battery’.

I tried with Anbes 359, which fit well, but few hours into sleep, that voice wakes me up ...

Someone was certain their model xyz ‘goes quietly ‘

Jul 7, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #8,317 of 62,079

what's the difference between the X1 and X1E?

Quick question : best TWS for sleeping with?

I recall this came up before, but I can’t find that post anymore. Besides fit, one big question for me is, which TWE ‘die’ silently without some voice yelling ‘recharge- low battery’.

I tried with Anbes 359, which fit well, but few hours into sleep, that voice wakes me up ...

Someone was certain their model xyz ‘goes quietly ‘

the QCY only beeps when it's low on battery (also when pairing),but might be a little big on the ears. the mifo is really comfortable to sleep with, but i forgot how it sounded when run out of battery, because honestly it never did on me. usually i used them until i slept and the playlist stops by itself. when i woke up in the morning it usually on standby and still have 40% or more juice left

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #8,319 of 62,079

the QCY only beeps when it's low on battery (also when pairing),but might be a little big on the ears. the mifo is really comfortable to sleep with, but i forgot how it sounded when run out of battery, because honestly it never did on me. usually i used them until i slept and the playlist stops by itself. when i woke up in the morning it usually on standby and still have 40% or more juice left

+1 on the mifo's - could never drain their battery to even below 80%

I imagine the pro version will last longer as the balanced armature drivers tend to be more efficient

Jul 7, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #8,320 of 62,079

BA vs. Dynamic and color choices. Not sure if there are any other tweaks as I have not seen any in depth comparison of the two.

I have seen good opinions on the Dynamic. One, on Penon, claims as good as the No. 3 but that should be looked into to see how true or hyperbolic it is. looking like the dynamic is the better sounding of the two if not actually No. 3 good. I have not heard either myself so only hear say or read say :)

Jul 7, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #8,321 of 62,079
BA vs. Dynamic and color choices. Not sure if there are any other tweaks as I have not seen any in depth comparison of the two.

I have seen good opinions on the Dynamic. One, on Penon, claims as good as the No. 3 but that should be looked into to see how true or hyperbolic it is. looking like the dynamic is the better sounding of the two if not actually No. 3 good. I have not heard either myself so only hear say or read say :)

the X1E is the dynamic driver version? if so, then based on my experience with both the standard and pro mifo, the X1E (dynamic) would be the better version.

i love the mifo o5 standard and recommend it, though i sold mine when i acquired the Nillkin Go, which suited my sound preference and usage more.

Jul 7, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #8,322 of 62,079
^ I think actorlife should go that way and perhaps the few short comments are leading to a truth. Perhaps you'll get experience with the third one and shed some more light on it.

Jul 8, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #8,323 of 62,079
Jul 8, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #8,324 of 62,079
Hey guys
I need some quick advice please
I've been torn on what to buy and researching
I need a TWS mainly for the GYM/Convenience
I really appreciate good sound and own a Game One and momentum normal IEM and an HD800 (I rarely use it)
I ended up between Jabra 65t active and Momentum True wireless
I was gonna buy the jabra but i found a big discount on a local website for momentum TWS (Jabra 240$ and Senn 280$) price delivered in South Africa.
Shud I go for Momentum at that juicy price ?
I will use it for GYM/Everyday , I really appreciate good sound (I listen to uplifting trance/country/ maybe some classical also), I will occasionally use it for calls while at gym

quick advice pls cause only 10 left for senn at that price

Jul 8, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #8,325 of 62,079
Hey guys
I need some quick advice please
I've been torn on what to buy and researching
I need a TWS mainly for the GYM/Convenience
I really appreciate good sound and own a Game One and momentum normal IEM and an HD800 (I rarely use it)
I ended up between Jabra 65t active and Momentum True wireless
I was gonna buy the jabra but i found a big discount on a local website for momentum TWS (Jabra 240$ and Senn 280$) price delivered in South Africa.
Shud I go for Momentum at that juicy price ?
I will use it for GYM/Everyday , I really appreciate good sound (I listen to uplifting trance/country/ maybe some classical also), I will occasionally use it for calls while at gym

quick advice pls cause only 10 left for senn at that price

go with the Sennheiser

Users who are viewing this thread

Back