Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 26, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #7,847 of 62,311
Don't forget Anbes 359. Fantastic quality for well under $50 and better than the QCY T1C in my opinion.

i wish haven't have too many already, or else I'm sure to try the anbes based on the so many recommendations here :ksc75smile:

Hello guys, I have a big choice. I can get Jabra elite active 65t for 100eur or I can buy Tranya T3 for 50eur. Seems like Jabra is "take my money" deal :) But it is quite old, maybe there is better options? Or should I wait some more time?

haven't tried the T3, but i can tell you you are buying the tech for the 65t.
soundwise, many sub 100 usd TWS can surpass it.

Jun 26, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #7,848 of 62,311
haven't tried the T3, but i can tell you you are buying the tech for the 65t.
soundwise, many sub 100 usd TWS can surpass it.

Maybe I should just try on T3, what else sub 100 TWS I could check on?

Checked many reviews, seems top of the list is T3. Top overall goes active 65t or galaxy buds.

Galaxy buds or active 65t costs me ~120usd.

Jun 26, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #7,849 of 62,311
no, have not tried them yet. What other possible options you can offer? I would like to get the list and audition them all :)

For 100 euros you are really spoiled for choice. I really liked the Astrotec s60, so I might get the new S80s. Advance model X is also coming soon under that price and looks really promising. I might get the creative outlier, or I might even get the TRN BT20S and buy a TinAudio T2 to go with it, just to stay under 100 euros. Being in Japan, I could get the first Nuarl that didn't have APTx but still had HDSS and I would be under that price point.

On sound alone, I think a lot of earbuds sound better even in the sub 50$ zone. I didn't like the imaging and separation, or the soundstage of the Jabras.

Jun 26, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #7,850 of 62,311
Hello guys, I have a big choice. I can get Jabra elite active 65t for 100eur or I can buy Tranya T3 for 50eur. Seems like Jabra is "take my money" deal :) But it is quite old, maybe there is better options? Or should I wait some more time?

You need to give a bit more info to really answer that... What are you going to use it for? What type of music are you going to listen to? What kind of sound do you like?

If you prefer the Apple AirPods type fit, there's the Sabbat X12. If you like base, you can try the Anbes 359 (maybe Sabbat E12, not sure what that latest on that is). If you're really base sensitive or really enjoy very detailed sound with little base, try one of the balanced armature units: mifo O5, Astrotec S60.

Be a little more clear so we can give a better response. And look through the last dozen or so pages for general recommendations as well as check people's signatures for what they're using and check out reviews for those earphones.

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #7,851 of 62,311
So, just got the Jlab Jbuds Air Executive. Actually, for $69, they have a lot of features that work well.

PROS
- BT 5.0
- Ambient mode (yes!).
- Responsive Touch Controls (yes, Vol control too).
- Good mic quality for calls.
- 6 hour battery.
- AAC Codec.
- Secure fit, comfortable.
- Nice case with 24 hours extra charge.
- Well built (case & buds) and does not have that cheap feel.

CONS
- Touch control scheme is a little odd. 1 tap is Vol +/- and 2 taps is play/pause, which IMO should be reversed. 3 taps to skip tracks.
- EQ choices suck. Both "Balanced" and "Bass Boost" lower the volume by 25% when activated and neither sound particularly good. Balanced sounds like Weaksauce and Bass Boost sounds like your speakers got stuck in the mud.
- Jlab "Signature" EQ is overly bright for me, and more accurately, I'd say the highs are too "crispy". If you have hearing loss, these are perfect. Lowering the treble range from 2 kHz through 16 kHz definitely gives me a better sound, but YMMV depending on your preferences.
- Some driver flex noise.

Still teetering on whether or not to keep them.

Personally, I had to call it quits when I saw the picture (form factor --- that stem!)

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #7,852 of 62,311
So, just got the Jlab Jbuds Air Executive. Actually, for $69, they have a lot of features that work well.

PROS
- BT 5.0
- Ambient mode (yes!).
- Responsive Touch Controls (yes, Vol control too).
- Good mic quality for calls.
- 6 hour battery.
- AAC Codec.
- Secure fit, comfortable.
- Nice case with 24 hours extra charge.
- Well built (case & buds) and does not have that cheap feel.

CONS
- Touch control scheme is a little odd. 1 tap is Vol +/- and 2 taps is play/pause, which IMO should be reversed. 3 taps to skip tracks.
- EQ choices suck. Both "Balanced" and "Bass Boost" lower the volume by 25% when activated and neither sound particularly good. Balanced sounds like Weaksauce and Bass Boost sounds like your speakers got stuck in the mud.
- Jlab "Signature" EQ is overly bright for me, and more accurately, I'd say the highs are too "crispy". If you have hearing loss, these are perfect. Lowering the treble range from 2 kHz through 16 kHz definitely gives me a better sound, but YMMV depending on your preferences.
- Some driver flex noise.

Still teetering on whether or not to keep them.

Clear! Skip the Jlab, thanks!

Don't forget Anbes 359. Fantastic quality for well under $50 and better than the QCY T1C in my opinion.
Finally have the Anbes on order. Curious how they will stand against my now 14 competitors. :p

I'd go for the Tranya T3. Excellent sound quality, all controls on the earpieces, good battery life.

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #7,853 of 62,311
You need to give a bit more info to really answer that... What are you going to use it for? What type of music are you going to listen to? What kind of sound do you like?

If you prefer the Apple AirPods type fit, there's the Sabbat X12. If you like base, you can try the Anbes 359 (maybe Sabbat E12, not sure what that latest on that is). If you're really base sensitive or really enjoy very detailed sound with little base, try one of the balanced armature units: mifo O5, Astrotec S60.

Be a little more clear so we can give a better response. And look through the last dozen or so pages for general recommendations as well as check people's signatures for what they're using and check out reviews for those earphones.

Mostly I will be using in gym and cycling, prefer Rock music and some EDM. Really like crisp sound with good bass, so I can hear that bass guitar vibes clearly :)

Jun 26, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #7,854 of 62,311
Mostly I will be using in gym and cycling, prefer Rock music and some EDM. Really like crisp sound with good bass, so I can hear that bass guitar vibes clearly :)

From my testing I'd suggest the Anbes 359. A lot of people here are recommending Tranya T3 as well, but I haven't heard those to comment.
Mifo O5 Standard might be great too just due to the firm factor and IPX7 rating.

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #7,856 of 62,311
Finally have the Anbes on order. Curious how they will stand against my now 14 competitors. :p

Very curious how you find the Anbes stack up against Tranya T3, mifo O5, and 1more Stylish!!

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #7,857 of 62,311
Jun 26, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #7,858 of 62,311

For sub $50 , most are running at around 5 hours ? I like good bass so it’s anbes 359?

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #7,859 of 62,311
For sub $50 , most are running at around 5 hours ? I like good bass so it’s anbes 359?

From my experience, yes. I haven't tried the Tranya T3 or the Syllable S101. All three have really good feedback on here but in not sure how many people here have combination of these. If you're on a newer Snapdragon processor, you might benefit from S101's Qualcomm chipset.

Jun 26, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #7,860 of 62,311
Got the Cambridge Melomania yesterday.

They aren't as large as they look in the photos thankfully but I do get some discomfort wearing them. As the included eartips are too small, I am forever having the push them deeper in my ears to get a seal and that causes them to rub against part of my ear and become uncomfortable. The nozzles are massive so I'm not sure I have any other tips that would cover them! Anyone having the same issues, can recommend some alternative tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back