Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 25, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #7,831 of 62,381
I have had BT headphones since bluebuds x. Those are still some of the best sounding to this day but they died not too long ago actually, lasted like 6 years several washings and dryings actually. They were pretty amazing.

I have Jaybird Tarah Pro - they are pretty average even with EQ.
Bowers and Wilkins PX - they are the best, but only after EQ. Sys wide EQ on OP6.
My Bose Soundsports in ears are some of my best BT sound from a ear bud, they have active EQ.
I also have on ear bose soundlinks- the are ok. Sorta "beats" sounding tho honestly, not great but ok for podcasts.

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #7,833 of 62,381
That's the really nice thing about Amazon vs Aliexpress ... no multi-week wait :)

My Tranya T3 were just delivered and I only listened for like 6 minutes, but the smile on my face is HUUUUGE ...
yes, that one is for the bass heads out here, for me, those are perfect for running (if they stay in, so far it feels they will)

Curious note: The Accessory box also says アクセサリー (A ku se sa ri ) in Japanese ...

Me like ... now I need to check on those generic brand XG-12 that I saw mentioned further above ...

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #7,834 of 62,381
Received the generic branded XG-12 true wireless today and I'm pleasantly surprised. The charging case is a little shabby and the earpieces loose their connection for a split second when I move my finger on them, but the sound quality is honesty impressive. Detailed mids with above average soundstage and instrument placement and a clearly present however not overpowering bass.

Definitely better sounding than the two on the background.

dang, for 10.25$ after coupons and 1000+ reviews (in general positive) AND then Bartig's blessings ... how can I NOT click BUY? :D

lemminglemminglemming ...

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #7,835 of 62,381
So, just got the Jlab Jbuds Air Executive. Actually, for $69, they have a lot of features that work well.

PROS
- BT 5.0
- Ambient mode (yes!).
- Responsive Touch Controls (yes, Vol control too).
- Good mic quality for calls.
- 6 hour battery.
- AAC Codec.
- Secure fit, comfortable.
- Nice case with 24 hours extra charge.
- Well built (case & buds) and does not have that cheap feel.

CONS
- Touch control scheme is a little odd. 1 tap is Vol +/- and 2 taps is play/pause, which IMO should be reversed. 3 taps for ambient mode. Press and hold for skipping tracks.
- EQ choices suck. Both "Balanced" and "Bass Boost" lower the volume by 25% when activated and neither sound particularly good. Balanced sounds like Weaksauce and Bass Boost sounds like your speakers got stuck in the mud.
- Jlab "Signature" EQ is overly bright for me, and more accurately, I'd say the highs are too "crispy". If you have hearing loss, these are perfect. Lowering the treble range from 2 kHz through 16 kHz definitely gives me a better sound, but YMMV depending on your preferences.
- Some driver flex noise.

Still teetering on whether or not to keep them.

IMG_2220.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #7,836 of 62,381
So this thread is massive now... I bought the Bragi Headphones in 2017 and they're still doing well. Battery originally lasted about 4-5 hours per charge and probably last 3-4 hours now. The charging case is finicky, but it works well enough and charges in about an hour. I really like the setting that allows you to hear your surroundings.

That said, I'm looking for a replacement. The sound quality is just alright. It never impresses me, but good enough for most portable situations. It's hard to browse through this thread, but what newer headphones have great sound quality, have the ability to be "open" or closed, and ideally have a charging case that stores power?

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #7,837 of 62,381
it cannot connect in stereo like the Jabra does. it can only connect in mono each to one devices (like any standard BT5 realtek based TWS). the Jabra is unique in that because it can connect to two devices. other that the Bose, i don't know any other TWS that does that.

that hook is actually useful, because it cups the ears and creates anchor point, so that clicking the buttons won't jam them deeper inside the ears.

anyway, here's my day one review:

-the fit is great for me. it sits nicely like a CIEM, so the body also touches the ears and provide support.

-slim and sleek looking. the Mifo sits more flush on the ears, but the Mifo doesn't have air vents, so pushing it will create a discomforting vacuum. the Nillkin has air vents.

-because of the air vents, it doesn't create too much isolation. in fact, it only has minimal isolation, like the EX1000 and other open back IEMs. still isolate more than the Sabbat x12, but definitely less than others.

-it has button controls, and similar to sabbat in operation. triple click for volumes.
-the case is really small, but because of the lid design, two handed operation is necessary.
-the case can accommodate normal sized eartips and still charge. i use settled for Symbio peel on mine for now.

-the sound is similar to my ER4XR, which is a great surprise. the ER4XR has leaner midbass while the Nillkin has a slight thicker midbass. the Bass on the Nillkin is not boosted at all, similar to the ER4XR, and about the same level as the mids, but the extention really go deep, not cut off like the Mifo pro. treble is sparkly and bright like the ER4XR. soundstage is also similar: intimate player position while maintaining good soundstage/room size information. if the T1C is like listening to car stereo/movie theater, the Nillkin is like listening to monitor speaker up close. the speed/dynamic of the presentation is also snappy, fast and closer to BAs like ER4XR than the bloomy dynamic drivers of the T1C.. heck, it's even faster and clearer than the Earin M2, which is clearly uses BAs

-battery tested: i listened to it from 8PM, and it says battery low at around 2AM. i did listened in a low volume though that later hours.

this is definitely my new go to TWS

i don't know if the chrome T1 uses the same tech. i also found this, similar to the Nillkin and chrome T1 in shape:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32955906832.html

the chrome and Nillkin is much more similar though

Thansk for sharing your impression on the sound quality...can you tell something about call quality? Volume and clarity on the other end? Thanks!

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #7,838 of 62,381
So, just got the Jlab Jbuds Air Executive. Actually, for $69, they have a lot of features that work well.

PROS
- BT 5.0
- Ambient mode (yes!).
- Responsive Touch Controls (yes, Vol control too).
- Good mic quality for calls.
- 6 hour battery.
- AAC Codec.
- Secure fit, comfortable.
- Nice case with 24 hours extra charge.
- Well built (case & buds) and does not have that cheap feel.

CONS
- Touch control scheme is a little odd. 1 tap is Vol +/- and 2 taps is play/pause, which IMO should be reversed. 3 taps to skip tracks.
- EQ choices suck. Both "Balanced" and "Bass Boost" lower the volume by 25% when activated and neither sound particularly good. Balanced sounds like Weaksauce and Bass Boost sounds like your speakers got stuck in the mud.
- Jlab "Signature" EQ is overly bright for me, and more accurately, I'd say the highs are too "crispy". If you have hearing loss, these are perfect. Lowering the treble range from 2 kHz through 16 kHz definitely gives me a better sound, but YMMV depending on your preferences.
- Some driver flex noise.

Still teetering on whether or not to keep them.

Sounds really good for that price and they come from a renowned company... I'm not a big fan of the stem-down design, but I recognize these have got my attention.. Thanks for the concise but helpful review

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #7,839 of 62,381
well, speak of the devil, i just happen to order something similar (or exact same?) in form factor from this, but with a different name: the Nillkin Go.

and it so happened to arrive this afternoon.

here is size comparison to the standard carbon case:

and size comparison to the T1C, Sabbat X12, and Earin M2

other than the obviously similar form factor, with the chrome TWS, i don't know if they also share the same specs and functionality.

i can write a review right now, but i don't want to run too hot and sound hyping things, so I'll give a few days to settle down and find all the pros and cons to balance it out. but i can tell you this: as of now, i like it a lot

What would you recommend for <$50 ?

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #7,841 of 62,381
Thansk for sharing your impression on the sound quality...can you tell something about call quality? Volume and clarity on the other end? Thanks!

i only testet it at home, ordering food and also recording with a bluetooth recorder app, no problem so far. haven't test it in noisy places yet

What would you recommend for <$50 ?

i recommend the Nillkin Go, QCY T1C, and Sabbat x12

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #7,842 of 62,381
i recommend the Nillkin Go, QCY T1C, and Sabbat x12

Don't forget Anbes 359. Fantastic quality for well under $50 and better than the QCY T1C in my opinion.

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #7,843 of 62,381
I got the Astrotec S80. So far I love what I'm hearing. No drop outs and excellent sound quality.

I'll go into more detail later.

How do you find the fit and seal? I can't find a single tip to make these comfortable :-/

Jun 26, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #7,845 of 62,381
Hello guys, I have a big choice. I can get Jabra elite active 65t for 100eur or I can buy Tranya T3 for 50eur. Seems like Jabra is "take my money" deal :) But it is quite old, maybe there is better options? Or should I wait some more time?

I personally don't like the Jabras and think that for 100 euros you can do better. Have you auditioned them before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back