Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 27, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #6,436 of 62,122
Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #6,437 of 62,122
I have decided that I want a pair of true wireless earbuds, I like that the Galaxy Buds have USB C-charging, a small case, comfortable according to reviews. But there are also $25 US Redmi Airdots that on paper seems to offer much better value. I have read mixed reviews about the sound quality of both of them, some say the Galaxy buds sound fantastic and others say they sound like $10 dollar headphones. The question is if the Galaxy Buds are worth six times as much ($150 US equivalent)? I have such a hard time deciding. What would you do?

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #6,438 of 62,122
I have decided that I want a pair of true wireless earbuds, I like that the Galaxy Buds have USB C-charging, a small case, comfortable according to reviews. But there are also $25 US Redmi Airdots that on paper seems to offer much better value. I have read mixed reviews about the sound quality of both of them, some say the Galaxy buds sound fantastic and others say they sound like $10 dollar headphones. The question is if the Galaxy Buds are worth six times as much ($150 US equivalent)? I have such a hard time deciding. What would you do?

I would try them. There is almost no way of knowing if you will like them unless you try them, no matter how many reviews you read...
That being said, I'm not sure why you picked the Redmi Airdots, as there seem to be very well received sets in that price range (QCY and Anbes models).

Apr 27, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #6,440 of 62,122
Apr 27, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #6,441 of 62,122
I'm a backer, my perk is the one for both pairs for $79.00
Great. I might bite for the $50(includes shipping).

Anyone open their TWS to see if a battery could be swapped?

Apr 27, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #6,442 of 62,122
Further mini follow up review. ANBES 359

Not sure why, but the connection of the Anbes 359 has been much better during exercise, lately.

I have played around with different tips, different codecs, different EQ, and different overall settings on the Note 8. So some of those things have obviously helped. Hopefully I can narrow it down to a true reason why they are functioning better

Getting a bit deeper proper insertion helps with SQ and placement stability in the ear.

I am not a graph reader, so cannot tell you where it shines and has defects. But there is a bit of harshness, with certain peaks, but generally is due to worse recording or streaming quality. But purposely harsh sounds in recordings, sound even harsher

If this had AptX I bet it would boost it up 1 knotch on the SQ list. I change between a few codecs in the developer options, but it always seems to reconnect and default to SBC.

I find Anbes 359 to really shine with EDM, IDM and rap. Those genres hit great on the provided bass and also work well for motivation while exercising.

I have tried provided tips, 2 types of Comply, the sport smartcore and some old normal non sport foams, do not think they make them the same way from years ago. And tried some of the provided tips for my iBasso IT01.
All of them change the SQ. I find both types of comply to make them ever more secure it the ear while moving around. They are incredibly light and do not move around really any at all, even with properly fitting stock tips.

Still have problems with the on ear controls, honestly I just try to ignore them at this point, besides the pause/play one click.

What are other peoples favorite tips on the Anbes 359? Anyone ever tried the comply P-series?

Does anyone have other Anbes products they consider even better than the 359?

Apr 27, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #6,443 of 62,122
Further mini follow up review. ANBES 359

Not sure why, but the connection of the Anbes 359 has been much better during exercise, lately.

I have played around with different tips, different codecs, different EQ, and different overall settings on the Note 8. So some of those things have obviously helped. Hopefully I can narrow it down to a true reason why they are functioning better

Getting a bit deeper proper insertion helps with SQ and placement stability in the ear.

I am not a graph reader, so cannot tell you where it shines and has defects. But there is a bit of harshness, with certain peaks, but generally is due to worse recording or streaming quality. But purposely harsh sounds in recordings, sound even harsher

If this had AptX I bet it would boost it up 1 knotch on the SQ list. I change between a few codecs in the developer options, but it always seems to reconnect and default to SBC.

I find Anbes 359 to really shine with EDM, IDM and rap. Those genres hit great on the provided bass and also work well for motivation while exercising.

I have tried provided tips, 2 types of Comply, the sport smartcore and some old normal non sport foams, do not think they make them the same way from years ago. And tried some of the provided tips for my iBasso IT01.
All of them change the SQ. I find both types of comply to make them ever more secure it the ear while moving around. They are incredibly light and do not move around really any at all, even with properly fitting stock tips.

Still have problems with the on ear controls, honestly I just try to ignore them at this point, besides the pause/play one click.

What are other peoples favorite tips on the Anbes 359? Anyone ever tried the comply P-series?

Does anyone have other Anbes products they consider even better than the 359?
I've been using the Sony hybrid tips and so far I like them. If they had aptXHD man would these the best out there. I tried a comply ebay cheap type, but they were too hard and not soft enough to squeeze, so don't use them. As far as Anbes the 360 is the highest in the series. I'm waiting for a $30 sale so I can give my mini review. Enjoy them.
Anyone who is apprehensive about getting the anbes don't be.

Apr 27, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #6,444 of 62,122
well, I talked myself into getting the Syllable S101. Just to see how crap they are compared to the mavins. Replacing my cheap kozon a5 that now has started to drain while in the charging case. Probably be using them as single buds stored in my jackets, if thyey can be turned on\off without the case.

Apr 27, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #6,445 of 62,122
Just a tip (pun intended), the Comply Foam Truegrip tips are (in my ears) a fantastic fit for the Anbes 359. The Truegrip tips were too small when I originally bought them for the Senn' MTWs, but are so good with the 359's.
Very tight seal, with tight/deep/punchy bass. No noise when walking, running, chewing etc. (this is an issue with silicone tips I think)
Vocals and mids are also very good with the Anbes and Truegrip, but I'm not sure if the Waxguard make me lose some details in the highs?

I can actually sleep with the 359s and the truegrips, this morning I woke up with the buds still safely in my ears. (I lay mostly on the side too)

Apr 27, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #6,446 of 62,122
Just a tip (pun intended), the Comply Foam Truegrip tips are (in my ears) a fantastic fit for the Anbes 359. The Truegrip tips were too small when I originally bought them for the Senn' MTWs, but are so good with the 359's.
Very tight seal, with tight/deep/punchy bass. No noise when walking, running, chewing etc. (this is an issue with silicone tips I think)
Vocals and mids are also very good with the Anbes and Truegrip, but I'm not sure if the Waxguard make me lose some details in the highs?

I can actually sleep with the 359s and the truegrips, this morning I woke up with the buds still safely in my ears. (I lay mostly on the side too)
Thanks for the info. These any good? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/382527759315

Apr 27, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #6,447 of 62,122
I think the inner diameter on the 400s are too wide for the Anbes? Not sure. Anbes is not listed on Comply Foam website. All I can say is that the Truegrip fits like a glove. I think the 200s (T-200/TS-200) are about the same inner diameter size as the Truegrips. Again not sure...
They are also longer, and that could be a problem with the charging case.

Apr 27, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #6,448 of 62,122
Apr 27, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #6,449 of 62,122
I found a T-400 and a T-200 in my collection :) Both fit the Anbes, (the T-200 was very tight, so actually the 400 has the right inner diameter). Sadly both does not fit the charging case particularly well. I could get them to charge, but I had to push them down.
Yep that was a problem with the ones I have I mean they fit the case but got stuck in there. How the the SQ compares to the 400 vs truegrips? You knew I had to ask. :beerchug:

Apr 27, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #6,450 of 62,122
Yep that was a problem with the ones I have I mean they fit the case but got stuck in there. How the the SQ compares to the 400 vs truegrips? You knew I had to ask. :beerchug:
I will say the sounded very similar. The positive with the 400s (medium size) were the fit. They went a little deeper in the ear, and while they are a bit wider too I felt they were even more secure than the Truegrips. But I ruled them out anyway because of the charging case fit.
Thankfully the Truegrips give me the same seal and therefore the same quality bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back