Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 26, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #6,406 of 62,202
A little more balanced and less warm than the mtw. Mtw has a bit of a boomy quality I don’t love but eq can temper it. I would say it’s close. Not better or worse just different. If forced to choose, might give the edge to mtw for tonality. I will say the nuarl punches above its weight and comes very close to the big boys of mw07 and mtw for 1/2 the price. I don’t think anyone could be disappointed with their sq.
i agree about that bloomy quality, i've managed to eq it out, and get the treble and mids right where i wanted them despite the less than steller dot eq. it's to bad it isn't mor customizable, because i think those drivers have a lot of potential. Rant over. Thank you for commenting, i think for me that means i won't get the nt01. but probably would if i didn't own the mtw.

Apr 26, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #6,407 of 62,202
so folks i'm on the hunt for another pair of TWEs.

I was looking at the nuarl, as I like their design, but I live in the UK so can't find a company to source from.

I have owned the Senn's/ M&D / Jabra Elite Active 65t and now currently own a pair of Earin M2.

The new pair should ideally have IPX5 or above, 5 hour play time, support aptx and aac, should be under £200.

I'm also looking for a third pair, to gift, and needs to be under £60 for a friend and support the same, he has a pair of TWEs but they only support SBC.

I'm hearing a lot about the Anbes 359, but only the 358 is available here, and the 360 is out now I read. The Mavin X read good to, but again as I'm in the UK I would prefer to get it from a store here so that I can return if they develop a fault easily.

TIA

Apr 26, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #6,408 of 62,202
i agree about that bloomy quality, i've managed to eq it out, and get the treble and mids right where i wanted them despite the less than steller dot eq. it's to bad it isn't mor customizable, because i think those drivers have a lot of potential. Rant over. Thank you for commenting, i think for me that means i won't get the nt01. but probably would if i didn't own the mtw.
No real need for both unless you have the sickness like I do.

Apr 26, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #6,410 of 62,202
I have the Nuarl nt01ax and noticed this annoying problem. Sometimes one of the earbuds suddenly completely loose the sound. I have to turn this earbud off and on again in order to start it working again. I have them for a week and it does it once a day without any pattern. Does somebody else have this problem?
Also, how can I reset the buds. Nothing about it in the manual. And can FW be updated?

I don't have this problem. The only thing is in hot spots sometimes the connection was spotty, but if I put my source in my shirt pocket the connection was rock solid.
The instructions mention how to do a factory reset. You have to put them in the case, and push them down so they are in charging mode while holding down both buttons for about 10 seconds. It is really awkward to do, and I recommend you hold them down longer than 10 seconds just to be sure. Hope it fixes the issue.

Apr 26, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #6,411 of 62,202
oh okay, good to know. i was looking at naurl's website since i hadn't made up my mind yet and was still looking and found that the nt01 mt3 can not only be used individually, but it says that whichever side has the most battery at the time is the master. if i wanted to spend mor and get those instead, wondering if they are different enough from the mtw to justify that purchase. If i'm not mistaken from reading through here you own those as well correct?? Have you heard the mtw at all to compare?

I like their sound more than the sound of the MTW, but it doesn't have an app or EQ or anything like that. They make some instruments sound really good, and are really detailed with great separation. They have a nice wow factor that I just didn't get from the MTW. I think they are about as good as the MW07s, except they have more white noise which can be distracting. That said, they are less than half the price here, but the case is a lot less good than the MW07.

Apr 26, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #6,412 of 62,202
Thanks, I'll try to reset them now.

Apr 26, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #6,413 of 62,202
https://www.xfyro.com/products/xs2 currently half price, any comments on these? There's no info on them as to whether they support aptx/aac/battery life etc

https://uk.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-air - I am looking at these now, and they seem cheap, £75 and with decent reviews, anyone know suitable tips I can use for these?

EDIT: Ordered the creative outlier Air, based on the reviews, they seems outstanding.

You get: AptX/AAC, 10 hours battery life, 20 hours from the case, ipx5 seems great. They're not due out until May 8th

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #6,414 of 62,202
Could anyone please give me a quick comparison of QCY T1 vs Anbes 359? I've read all previous posts regarding both, yet I can't make up my mind about which to buy. It's mostly due to the QCY having 90000+ orders between all listings on Aliexpress, while the 359s have barely 20. Not to mention how shady, misleading and straight up wrong the descriptions of the 359's listings are.

I'd prefer the better one with the better overall package, with SQ being a priority. I don't have much experience in the TWS market, in fact, it'd be my first pair of buds, so I want to make a good decision.

I can get the Anbes for 27 USD
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ANB...ml?spm=a2g0o.cart.99999999.265.64973c00KcPh9e
or for 30 USD (looks like a more legitimate seller)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ANB...ml?spm=a2g0o.cart.99999999.259.3fa93c00lhESDT
QCY T1s would be about 20 USD.

Thanks!

By the way, QCY T2 is out in China, 34 USD converted, with volume control and supposedly same SQ as T1.
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?s...65474axy9Uw&id=590797493599&scene=taobao_shop
Korean review:

"In English~ Qcy T2 sound quality is almost same as Qcy T1. just little tiny improvement. but now u can volume control by button on unit ( as you know Qcy T1 cant ) and connectivity also have little progress. when you press button, reaction rate is also better than Qcy T1 (of course Tiny improvement) now price is about $34 in china." summarised the author.

These claim volume control as well: https://www.gearbest.com/headsets/pp_009262243425.html?wid=1433363
Any release date given? I like the buttons on the YouTube link better. Ah yes and the Anbes 359 under $40 are the best out there for the price. I have other TWS and they are good, but the 359 have better soundstage/treble clarity(without harshness) and good bass. They work fantastic with music and streaming Movies/TV shows/Youtube. Someone here said they are better than the Sennheiser TWS and that's high praise. I never heard the T1 because no volume control.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #6,416 of 62,202
They were released on the 23rd, a few days ago. There is no information about international sales yet.
Thanks I'll probably pick them up when they go on sale. Are getting them? Those Creative for $79 look good I might bite after I get the QC T2. :) clay I edited my last post go look at it.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #6,417 of 62,202
https://www.xfyro.com/products/xs2 currently half price, any comments on these? There's no info on them as to whether they support aptx/aac/battery life etc

https://uk.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-air - I am looking at these now, and they seem cheap, £75 and with decent reviews, anyone know suitable tips I can use for these?

EDIT: Ordered the creative outlier Air, based on the reviews, they seems outstanding.

You get: AptX/AAC, 10 hours battery life, 20 hours from the case, ipx5 seems great. They're not due out until May 8th
Please let us know how you like the creative. Congrats.

Apr 26, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #6,418 of 62,202
Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #6,419 of 62,202
so folks i'm on the hunt for another pair of TWEs.

I was looking at the nuarl, as I like their design, but I live in the UK so can't find a company to source from.

I have owned the Senn's/ M&D / Jabra Elite Active 65t and now currently own a pair of Earin M2.

The new pair should ideally have IPX5 or above, 5 hour play time, support aptx and aac, should be under £200.

I'm also looking for a third pair, to gift, and needs to be under £60 for a friend and support the same, he has a pair of TWEs but they only support SBC.

I'm hearing a lot about the Anbes 359, but only the 358 is available here, and the 360 is out now I read. The Mavin X read good to, but again as I'm in the UK I would prefer to get it from a store here so that I can return if they develop a fault easily.

TIA

I believe this is the rebranded UK version :- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-B...com+earphones&qid=1555866084&s=gateway&sr=8-7

Apr 26, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #6,420 of 62,202
Surprisingly, I prefer the sound of mw07 over momentum TW. Overall, I find mw07 sounding more balance than the momentum. Momentum is just too bassy and has a slight tendency to emphasize sibilance. On the other hand, mw07 is bassy but not boomy. Sibilance isn't as pronounced as the Sennheiser.

However, I do notice that the Sennheiser has better clarity - possibly due to it's blacker background (a faint background hiss can be heard when wearing mw07). The Sennheiser also pulls out noticeably more details than mw07. Another advantage the Sennheiser has over mw07 is mid-range balance. Vocal sounds a bit thin on mw07, while momentum TW renders vocal naturally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back